X2 Slavery Script V1.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mikesl

X2 Slavery Script V1.0

Post by mikesl » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 05:59

Slavery Script V1.0
------------------------------

Screen Shots
http://www.20six.co.uk/leonotes

Download here: http://files.filefront.com/mikesl_x2_sl ... einfo.html

1.What's this thing?
=============================================
It's a script for the pc game X2 the threat

2.What does it do?
========================
When running, the script AAA.MIKESL.Enforce.Slavery.xml will adopt slavery in a chosen sector, meaning all NPC factories will
use SLAVES as a secondary resource :diablo:

The second script aaa.MIKESL.turnSPPinto.SlaveCamp.xml will turn your solar power plants in a chosen sector into literal

"slave camps" :P. All of your slave camps will be named to distinguish from your normal SPPs.

3.Application
===============================
For example, you can run the AAA.MIKESL.Enforce.Slavery.xml on all sectors of the Split Dynasty,
Then setup a few solar power plant in Family Pride, then run aaa.MIKESL.turnSPPinto.SlaveCamp.xml on the sector Family Pride.

See for yourself :)

4.Why Solar Power Plants?
=============================
Because SPPs output biggest volume of production. some 276 units per 1:30-1:58. Believe me, I tried Ore Mines, but with a

production rate of 2-10 slaves per 1:40, you're not going to profit from slave trading :D

5.Damn I run the stuff, it's cheating, the Slave Camps consumes nothing!
==========================================================================
Yeah, that's why it's 1.0. Just to give people a feel for it. I will release further versions that are not "free" but the

Slave camps will actually use some resource. Right now I need suggestions on which resource is needed to produce slaves.

Argnu beef? What if I want to set up slave camps in Split territory? Anyway, there will be versions after collecting some

information from the PPLs at egosoft forum.

And It's NOT CHEATING! Adding slaves as secondary resources will not affect production hence will definately not affect

economy. Besides, you're going to need resources to reproduce slaves in future versions :)

6.Installation
==============

Copy the two xml files into the game's "script" directory.

In game, activate the script editor if you haven't done so by typing slowly "Thereshallbewings" without the quotation marks.

"T" is capitalized.

scroll down to aaa.MIKESL.turnSPPinto.SlaveCamp.xml or AAA.MIKESL.Enforce.Slavery.xml and press r, choose a sector. Then

you're done *-8

7.Special Thanks to:
All the fans and script masters in Egosoft's forum, without whom I can never imagine using arrays for my scripts :)

mikesl@21cn.com

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 19:00

i think u should use both slaves and a food source as the resources

maybe have differenrt versions for using differnet food sources

althou u would want it to be stuff like the cahoonas rather than argnu beef

using slaves as a resource also makes sense as its kinda like breeding 2 slaves to make another one and then u feed them to keep them alive, thats pretty much all you need i think

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:05

Thanks, I am currently working on the next version that uses different food sources.

Some questions though. How do I specify a fixed production rate? I don't want the SPPs to produce 276 slaves every other minute. Even Cloning takes longer than that....

And how do I make the script run on start up or loading a savegame, without accessing the script editor?

Many thanks.!

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 07:54

Production rate is dependent on relvalue, which is set by modding the types files.
I have some discussions regarding the economy and relvalue in the tutorials sticky.
There are also docs in there that can teach you how to edit the types files and create a simple mod to change the relvalue for slaves.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 12:52

mikesl wrote:And how do I make the script run on start up or loading a savegame, without accessing the script editor?
You need to create a setup script which will get run every time you load the game

just create a script file called, setup.<scriptname> and then put anything you need to enable the script in there

this script will then be run each time the game is loaded

MOOG_CORP
x4

Post by MOOG_CORP » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 13:09

Any chance of making this slave fab a completly new fab available in a races shipyard? Or maybe include in the script and Pirate TL and a Pirate shipyard for realism?!?

MOOGUK :)

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 19:17

Thank you all... been very helpful, really

Today's progress
============================
improvement on the aaa.MIKESL.turnSPPinto.SlaveCamp.xml

Now after running Spps are automatically named with correct serial names such as " Alpha, Beta, Gamma" ,etc.

However when you have more than 8 spps in the same sector you wish to convert into slave camps, you'll get a "bummer" serial from the 9th on... :P

============================
Food is not a bad idea, and I'll add some logic lines that use different food resource for different races.

Actually I was thinking replacing the Energy Cells and change them into Slaves.... This mod could be ambitious, aiming at tossing X universe into Dark Age :twisted: For example, Wheat farms and Ore mines will no longer consume ECs but will now use Slaves instead! A constant feed of Slaves is needed due to the harsh working environment and whipping....
All in all, the X universe will no longer have Enegy Cells, but slaves will toil .....

This could be done by setting up a setup.x script that initiates the change and a loop script that changes the Spp product and resource upon building .

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:02

or just add the need for slaves to certain stations as kind of workers

but the working conditions are so harsh they quickly die out so you need to keep the stocks up

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:18

yes, I am thinking about a more sensible mod that only changes EC consumption of mines, bio factories and farms into Slave consumption. becuase you can't expect slaves to produce computer components, it's more appropriate to use slaves in more labor intensive industries such as foundaries and basic mining facilities.

A little question, though. How do I bind a script to a command that DOES NOT confilict with existing scripts like the ones in 1.4 bonus package?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:23

u mean the ship and station commands ?

you have to set it to use one of the command slots, theres a limited number thou, just pick one that is differnet from the ones the signed scripts use

MOOG_CORP
x4

Post by MOOG_CORP » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 16:32

I really like this idea but i don't think you should use an existing resource and change it to slaves...

You should...

1. Make the Slave fab another buyable fab at say split shipyards for an example.
2. Add the slave secondary resource to the more illegal fabs (spaceweed, space fuel and maybe squash mine fabs as the pirates like them :) also at a couple of other fabs if possible)

This would keep the game the same but an extra feature with the addition of slave camps.
I don't like the changing of an SPP into the camp :(

Hope I am not out of place with my comments but it is a really good idea if done correctly.

MOOGUK 8)

mikesl

Post by mikesl » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 12:07

MOOG_CORP wrote:I really like this idea but i don't think you should use an existing resource and change it to slaves...

You should...

1. Make the Slave fab another buyable fab at say split shipyards for an example.
2. Add the slave secondary resource to the more illegal fabs (spaceweed, space fuel and maybe squash mine fabs as the pirates like them :) also at a couple of other fabs if possible)

This would keep the game the same but an extra feature with the addition of slave camps.
I don't like the changing of an SPP into the camp :(

Hope I am not out of place with my comments but it is a really good idea if done correctly.

MOOGUK 8)
Very good, I will have a look at all the sticky totuorials and try to make one.

Omnicron Lyrae

Post by Omnicron Lyrae » Thu, 5. Jan 06, 22:32

MOOG_CORP wrote:2. Add the slave secondary resource to the more illegal fabs (spaceweed, space fuel and maybe squash mine fabs as the pirates like them :) also at a couple of other fabs if possible)

Maybe lo-Tech Split stations as well? (Any station that either uses just energy or energy + 1 lo-tech product) as I do seem to remember one description of a Split station mentioning Slave camps.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”