NEWS: DevNet Ideas forum reopens

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: DevNet Ideas forum reopens

Post by CBJ » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 11:06

Egosoft are pleased to announce the reopening of the DevNet Ideas Forum. This forum is where you, the players, can make suggestions for the future of the X Universe. To post in the ideas forum you will need to be a member of DevNet; if you have not already joined DevNet then you will need to sign up in your Forum Profile.

Important Note: Developers read the ideas posted. To make this possible, given the huge number of ideas that are posted, the DevNet Ideas Forum operates extremely strict posting rules. Before posting, make sure that you read the special Forum Rules that apply there and use the Search List to find any existing threads. Failure to follow these rules may result in your post simply being deleted.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 12:11

YAY :D
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 13:53

Remember guys. Myself and my band of Merry Mod guys will be watching you! :roll:
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

ugly_duckling
x3

Post by ugly_duckling » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 04:04

good news even though quite late but hey better late than never.

thats the best thing about this game and developer is that it is open and welcome player input.. so lets make use of it :D

ugly
My Wish List:

* Custom Paints jobs
* Pilots and crews for hire
* BBS side quests
* the 1.4 patch

Have ideas for a script? think it could be easier to be heard? click here > http://www.egosoft.com/x3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120450

dgrot
x3

Post by dgrot » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:06

The forum you selected does not exist.

Is the forum now closed?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:10

No, it isn't.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:48

You need to be level 3 to access it and you are level 1.
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

shadowfang2
x3

Post by shadowfang2 » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:50

how can we tell our lvl / up it

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 09:12

Read the first paragraph of the news article which gives you a link on how to sign up to DevNet.
Graphil

shadowfang2
x3

Post by shadowfang2 » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 09:27

ah i have to register 3 differnt games ?

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 09:30

No you need to fill in the bit at the bottom. FAQ entry.
Graphil

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 11:15

I used to like posting at devnet. But after the fiasco of x3 i doubt any ideas will be used for future games. As they probably rush their next game and probably exp pack as well so not many ideas we post would be used I think.

Besides they have more than enough stuff there now to make a decent space trading based simulator game now i think..

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 11:26

I hope you mean "they" as Deepsilver :x
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Gavrusik
x3

Post by Gavrusik » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 11:35

Skeeter wrote:I used to like posting at devnet. But after the fiasco of x3 i doubt any ideas will be used for future games. As they probably rush their next game and probably exp pack as well so not many ideas we post would be used I think.

Besides they have more than enough stuff there now to make a decent space trading based simulator game now i think..
That is a point... X3 hardly seems representative of what people asked for or wanted BUT thats not to say X3 is not a superb game, I think some of the concepts like a better economy were dealt with, but not necessarily the specifics.. Not that I can remember what the specifics were. :)

dgrot
x3

Post by dgrot » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 17:55

Having served in both development and management positions for software projects, the term I like to use is, "least decent denominator".

You're forced to cherry pick incremental goals to get something that is most likely to be accomplished--within a specified time frame--given the resources and time available. Collecting suggestions is an essential part of putting together the wish list.

You can't always get what you want. Sounds like a good name for a song ...

meldenslick
x3

Post by meldenslick » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:31

hi,

a few things that i thought might be good.

a bank. a method of taking loans during your lean days. this _might_ get you jump-started faster.

...but, one would be subject to the unescapable interest rates, plus possible loss of ship if you can't make your payments.

interest on deposited money would be neat, too.

the second involves something seen in MMORPGs - the ability to construct unique things from items. "items" can be crates with unique cargo, or rare items found at trading stations or loot.

the things that are "constructed" would not be for sale anywhere, giving you unique capabilities.

the "construction" process could be one of discovery - where outcomes are unknown until attempts at construction are made.

ALSO (and this one is dear to my heart) - monitors and dialogs in external windows (child processes). this way, people with multi-monitor setups could move information away from the external view into a more appropriate place.

i run X3 in a 2-seat simulator, and the last suggestion would be GOLD.

i'll photoshop an example of external windows if there is enough interest.

thanks,

Elden

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. May 06, 15:34

if you want ideas seen, you need to post them in the devnet forums

Widow Maker
xr

Post by Widow Maker » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 13:44

What i really want to see is player owned shipyards from all races. Then the player could access the command controls and purchase plans for ships and stations (NO BUILDING WITHOUT THE PLANS) so that the player could build factories themselves. Also, I wanna it to use a hell of a lotta resources so that people don't just shove factories everywhere :evil: .

This would also count as a HQ that i know loads of people want.

ALSO WAIT TILL THE GAME WORKS BEFORE RELEASE. I hated the game before the 1.4 patch as couldn't run it without crashes.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 14:04

As has been pointed out, this is the announcement thread for the re-opening of the ideas forums, not a place to post your ideas.

While I'm here, I've removed your avatar which was approximately 20x the size allowed by the forum rules.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”