No rebuild of tractor beam factories

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

L_B_P
x4

No rebuild of tractor beam factories

Post by L_B_P » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 19:01

Im pretty sure that tractor beam in my game dont get rebuild.
After patch to 1.4 I had 1 or 2, but they gone now and none of the EQ station have any. Im sure bec I have satelite in 90% of the sectors and been looking in all the know sector that should have them.

Bug or what ?

PS: No modded game or anything, but been played the savegame since 1.2 version
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

Goffik
x4

Post by Goffik » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 23:34

The only tractor beam factory I found in my game was in Paranid space, and got destroyed (along with everything else in the sector) by a Khaak fleet. I've also read that the God engine removes factories sometimes. Maybe if there is no demand for TBeams, it wont rebuild the factories.

If you're deperate you could always use the script editor to give you a TBeam, or script in a factory somewhere.

OtisBDriftwood
x3tc

Post by OtisBDriftwood » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 04:55

I see the same problem. I upgraded from 1.3->1.3.2->1.40 and I don't know whether the factories in
Spoiler
Show
Duke's Vision and Tharka's Sun
ever existed, but I do know that they don't exist now.

Perhaps there's no demand for Tractor Beams from the AI ships so the god engine deletes the factories? I would suggest that the god engine should ensure that there's at least one of every type of factory somewhere in the universe.

Failing that, can we have a script to force re-spawning of the Tractor Factories?

EKS
x3tc

Post by EKS » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 15:51

I have the same exact issue.

Another thread with ppl, reporting the same thing: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=133859
One person tested by making a new game, placing a satelite over the factory and then SETA for a few hours and it was removed. Without the satlelite being damanged, making it likely its the god engine.

On another note: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1581557 a request for a scripter to make the factory respawn. So those affected with this issue can buy tractor beams

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”