Where's the beam? And a strange story...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

loubert
x4

Where's the beam? And a strange story...

Post by loubert » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 20:02

Firstly, the tractor beam. The ED in Cho's Defeat is the only place I've found that carries, it, but it has yet to have one in stock. (I've heard that the Paranid also carry them, but they don't like me very much... i.e. I'm at war with them.) To the people that have purchased them, I'd love to know where ya got it. And no, I'm not going to mod one in. I don't cheat.

Second thing... was pretty strange. I was looking at the sector map for Home of Light, and saw "Mercury" in the list of ships. Oooookay, free ship? I fly to it, get out, go up to it... but no claim command, even when practically touching it. I get back into my ship, scan it's freight, and it had a jump drive, a transporter, and a couple other normal things. Almost like the AI was trying to set up a UT... but it's just sitting there? Comm, no response. Doesn't even bring up a menu... so I decide to blow it up. It drops some energy cells after a second, which is normal, but it doesn't say anything. When it's destroyed, I take a 3% hit to my Argon rep. Strange, no?

But yeah. Where is that tractor beam? The universe is waiting for me to own it, and I am waiting for a TB. :(

EDIT: Or perhaps, someone knows if/where they are produced? Someone said Emporer's Wisdom, but I ran around that whole sector with a Raijin and found nothing but a TD, SPPs, Soyfarms and a Snail farm. Pllleeeeease, lol, someone tell me where I can get a flippin tractor beam.
Last edited by loubert on Sat, 18. Mar 06, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

BlakesSeven
x3

Post by BlakesSeven » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 20:11

Has your second problem in v1.03, with a Mercury - exact same thing happened. Bug I think :? but a minor one albeit :lol:

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 20:38

I forget the name, but there's a tractor beam factory in one of the split sectors East of Rhonkars clouds

loubert
x4

Post by loubert » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 21:12

LIES!

No, but really. Just went through all 4 split sectors just east of Rhonkar's Clouds, and there's no factory. Patriarch's Retreat is big enough that it could be hiding somewhere, but I'm pretty sure I covered the whole sector.

Perhaps the AI has to build it and hasn't done so? I just checked in the Paranid ED that has it (Preacher's Void), and they don't have it in stock, either. Which makes sense, if there's no factory.

So my question becomes this: Where do tractor beams come from? Or this: Did they simply add a TB factory with 1.4, or does the AI need to build it?

Zuocion
x4

Post by Zuocion » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 22:50

loubert wrote:LIES!

No, but really. Just went through all 4 split sectors just east of Rhonkar's Clouds, and there's no factory. Patriarch's Retreat is big enough that it could be hiding somewhere, but I'm pretty sure I covered the whole sector.

Perhaps the AI has to build it and hasn't done so? I just checked in the Paranid ED that has it (Preacher's Void), and they don't have it in stock, either. Which makes sense, if there's no factory.

So my question becomes this: Where do tractor beams come from? Or this: Did they simply add a TB factory with 1.4, or does the AI need to build it?
Its in Tharka's Sun, On the east side, on 1.4, its possible it may have just dissapeared, however it certainly appears there, because its been on more than just my game that fact appears in Tharka's Sun.

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 22:54

Yep Tharka's Sun Fact is where I got mine :)

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 22:56

Those ships "mercury", etc. I've been meaning to post about this. I've got these ghost ships in most sectors. They are always "mercury" or "vulture" or "caiman" etc and have a jumpdrive and 50 cells, etc. looking at the pilot stats they have all been running 200 - 300 hours in my game so I reckon that when some patch was applied they were "ghosted" at that time - summat like that, you get the idea.

brett

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:04

i got mine in tharkas sun..

Stevo Primus
x3tc

Post by Stevo Primus » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:11

To put an end to this location malarky, here's the answer from the horses mouth!

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7373 ... ies1vr.jpg

They would have been spawned as soon as you loaded the game after patching to 1.4!

Stevo :wink:

PS I'm sure that info was in the 'read me' that came with the patch :o

Diesel309
x3

Post by Diesel309 » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:16

There was a post earlier where a few had updated from 1.32 and it wasn't there, if you look back you will find it.

Stevo Primus
x3tc

Post by Stevo Primus » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 23:25

I just tried it on a save from 1.3.1 and they were both there!

It's the only places they can spawn and if they are 'destroyed' that's where they will respawn.

Stevo

EKS
x3tc

Post by EKS » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 17:22

Im also having the problem that the factory is not in either of the sector & there is no tractor beams in stock. Is there a cheat command to respawn the factory or a tractor beam?

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 19:43

Still have both Mercury and Carmen ghost ship in my univers :lol:
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

szuur
x3

Post by szuur » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 19:53

Buy or make some Smash mines and lay em next to em..
after that tae some distance and watch the fire works and no u won;t get a reo hit :D

lefthandblack
x3tc

Post by lefthandblack » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 01:19

I can confirm this as well.
I went from 1.3 to 1.32 to 1.4
From a save the factories don't exist, if I start a new game then they appear.
I hope that they will spawn in time, as I really need a tractor beam to build
the complexes I had planned, but have no intention of restarting.

Also, with 1.4 you should check out the new cockpit on the demeter
super-freighter, it gives new meaning to the term "flying blind".
Core i7 - 860
4096MB DDR3 dual channel
BFG Geforce GTX 280
SB X-FI Gamer
500 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA HD
Sony DRU-840A
Win 7 Ult 64

Banthur
x3

Post by Banthur » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 21:44

how long is this bastard going to take to spawn?
Your mom is an argon colossus

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 22:43

lefthandblack wrote:
can confirm this as well.
I went from 1.3 to 1.32 to 1.4
From a save the factories don't exist, if I start a new game then they appear.
I hope that they will spawn in time, as I really need a tractor beam to build
the complexes I had planned, but have no intention of restarting.
I had the same problem. I kept all my saves, reinstalled X3 and patched
straight to 1.4. When I restarted my save, the Paranid ED had one in stock.

Banthur
x3

Post by Banthur » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 00:46

Reinstalled, Repatched, Still no tractor beam factory :(. this is pissing me off
Your mom is an argon colossus

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 08:40

teladianium wrote:Those ships "mercury", etc. I've been meaning to post about this. I've got these ghost ships in most sectors. They are always "mercury" or "vulture" or "caiman" etc and have a jumpdrive and 50 cells, etc. looking at the pilot stats they have all been running 200 - 300 hours in my game so I reckon that when some patch was applied they were "ghosted" at that time - summat like that, you get the idea.

brett
This just struck me, the Trade Command MK3 creates a 'delivery ship' to deliver E-Cells to your trader - I bet these are leftovers that bugged out somehow.
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 08:57

There are quite a few EQ docks that should have the Tractor Beam in stock, I found mine at split sector somewhere near their homesector (cant remember the name but roughly in the center of the universe.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”