[VIDEO] EXPLORATION - The Attack

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Jack Hammer
x3tc

Post by Jack Hammer » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 00:38

Hey Guys,

I created another video.

It is JACK HAMMER Heavy Industries 1st attempt at deep space exploration. But as we all know, things dont always go as we plan. This is the next chapter following "HOME - The Beginnings Of An Empire" Which can be found in The Creative Universe forum.

Check out the video to see the rest of their story..

I left the HUD in this one to keep a players perspective during these events.

I will be creating additional chapters to this series.

Let me know what you all think of the video...

Archive: [VIDEO] HOME – The Beginnings Of An Empire
Last edited by Jack Hammer on Mon, 13. Feb 06, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

Naer Dhal
x3

Post by Naer Dhal » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 01:30

Very nice, and alot more action than the first you made :wink:

I look forward to seeing the next Chapter :)

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 12:21

Very nice :D
can i add this one to XData too? :roll:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 13:24

Yay, another one, though I think I should remind you that there is the Creative Universe for this stuff.

Oh, and it sounds like this will have combat, yey!
"Warning, cargo bay now contains; Gate, Home of Light"

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 14:35

nice to see some sort of story line evolving, i think you made a mistake though as it says you must parish in the video....i think you mean perish

Isnt a parish an area of land that belongs to a church :P

besides that though it was good

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 15:29

Now for the long reply:

Ok this one was defenatly better and even had few moments where i was :o GREAT JOB however....

1)the mouse is still there in few scenes which makes it look :?

2)I know its possible to turn offthe HUD and do so as much as you can. beacuse when you are making a video like this we are not the ships we are not the pilot we are hearing a story and when hearing a story we are a viewer we see we dont feel and we are not taking part in it

3)The music did it part again and was great

4) try to spin the camera around the ships less beacuse it gives us the reminder "ohh right a guy i sitting there and Fraping it :roll: "

KEEP DOING IT YOU ARE GETTING BETTER

Player

Edit: should be moved to creative
Edit2: your work is your art if you want to keep it to see again i would recommend hosting it here http://filefront.com/ its a free signup and is great (i host all my files there)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 16:06

Remember, Shift-H to turn on and off the HUD. Downloading it now...

Pretty good, but amateurish. I won't put it down completely because you must've took some time making it, but in the next movie make sure you don't have the mouse visable and also take advanage of turning off the HUD. Once you do that, you will have a pretty good movie on your hands. :) Seriously, keep it up!
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Ilsan
x3

Post by Ilsan » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 16:26

i like it :wink: also pretty chill music :P :)

Jack Hammer
x3tc

Post by Jack Hammer » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 16:59

Trust me guys... The next chapter will be much better.
Skillers wrote:Yay, another one, though I think I should remind you that there is the Creative Universe for this stuff.
Player. wrote: Edit: should be moved to creative
I’m sure it will find the Creative Universe in due time. But give it some time in the spot light. Let it mature a little. Then it can be tossed into slow retirement.

But for now, more people will get a chance to see it in X-Universe.
Player. wrote:Very nice :D
can i add this one to XData too? :roll:
Beam it up… Energize!
JACK HAMMER Heavy Industries

Check Out These Videos:
HOME – The Beginnings Of An Empire
EXPLORATION - The Attack

TheSandman
x3

Post by TheSandman » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 17:36

Nice one, iv been whatchin the series so far, its pretty good... got a time on the next one? :P

keep em comin, TheSandman

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 18:12

Jack Hammer i need to warn you about posting in this section....the topic was on the second page and i bumped it i was lucky to find it it wnt get more spotlight here then in the creative universe trust me :wink:

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 21:00

So another movie... and still the same issues as before, lets review:

1. HUD OFF, it could look so much better.

2. Turn the sound effects off, the "no aim" kinda kills it for me.

3. now your adding more text, in show guide kinda thing such as "Nooo!!!!!" to someone dieing.

Lets take a look at the show BSG (battle star galatica) since its the only thing that comes close to this game. You dont see anyone screaming NOOOO when a ship dies, in climatic fights its all around meaham. You see ships exploding, cuts to another ships in the middle of a heated dog fight, etc.

4. That freaking mouse is in the middle of the shots still, very annoying to watch.

What was good?

1. Well you sure got the music to fit.

what could have been better about it?

I feel as if the battle should have more climatic music. ushually the gody world trend music comes in when you have an after battle shot, to emphasize the carnage. Its used to play off emotions, the same music playing through the entire vid dulls the emotional respons.

Keep working at it.

- Relief

Jack Hammer
x3tc

Post by Jack Hammer » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 22:08

Relief wrote:So another movie... and still the same issues as before, lets review:

1. HUD OFF, it could look so much better.

2. Turn the sound effects off, the "no aim" kinda kills it for me.

3. now your adding more text, in show guide kinda thing such as "Nooo!!!!!" to someone dieing.

Lets take a look at the show BSG (battle star galatica) since its the only thing that comes close to this game. You dont see anyone screaming NOOOO when a ship dies, in climatic fights its all around meaham. You see ships exploding, cuts to another ships in the middle of a heated dog fight, etc.

4. That freaking mouse is in the middle of the shots still, very annoying to watch.

What was good?

1. Well you sure got the music to fit.

what could have been better about it?

I feel as if the battle should have more climatic music. ushually the gody world trend music comes in when you have an after battle shot, to emphasize the carnage. Its used to play off emotions, the same music playing through the entire vid dulls the emotional respons.

Keep working at it.

- Relief
You have listed some good points, but HHHmmmm...

How to respond to the rest...???

It may be best to simply ask you to show us what a premium presentation would look like. Show us some of your videos! :wink:

Beings I watch BSG quite religiously, I do often hear pilots yelling or screaming with rash cuts to screeching of static. Example... "He's all over me, I cannttt....." Hiss, crack, zzzz and then they zoom to another pilot in distress from what they heard. And in most cases you'll hear a sound. It's called "Booommmmm" of something similar. Cant hear it with the sound off.

I don't have access to professional voice actors. (Wish I did!) So TEXT will have to suit the bill! To keep the story easy to follow, the TEXT was added to keep a clear understanding of what was happening and to whom it was happening to. Try keeping the integrity of the story line without it. (Who's shooting who? What ship belongs to JHHI?)

Omit these two areas and the video doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone.

Don't take me wrong, I do have tons of room for growth on how these elements are implemented, but it does suck to be riding on training wheels while the kid who's walking picks me apart and tells me I should be on a Harley.

I do appreciate feedback, but let's keep it in perspective. Remember... It's only my 2nd presentation. Simple entertainment for the Xers to enjoy. And I very well plan to implement improvements as I go on.

Check Out These Videos:
EXPLORATION - The Attack

Relief
x3

Post by Relief » Mon, 13. Feb 06, 22:52

It may be best to simply ask you to show us what a premium presentation would look like. Show us some of your videos!
Well i have never done machiname, the film work i do is for classes i have taken and things of that nature (mainly art filming things, i attend a university and through such have access to high quality equipment) that and all the film files i would be posting would be around a gig or so, not something i can host.

But on that subject, i was thinking of making an x3 movie, once the 1.4 patch is out (it crashes in battle, freaking annoying)
Don't take me wrong, I do have tons of room for growth on how these elements are implemented, but it does suck to be riding on training wheels while the kid who's walking picks me apart and tells me I should be on a Harley.
I am not attempting to rip it to shreads, but i dont think "hey nice try" or "i kinda like it" is going to help you either.

I am mearly pointing out things that i feel could be easily fixed (well not the voice acting thing, but rather the hud and such)
Beings I watch BSG quite religiously, I do often hear pilots yelling or screaming with rash cuts to screeching of static. Example... "He's all over me, I cannttt....." Hiss, crack, zzzz and then they zoom to another pilot in distress from what they heard. And in most cases you'll hear a sound. It's called "Booommmmm" of something similar. Cant hear it with the sound off.
One this topic, yes there is poilot interaction, but mailny in one on one fight senarios. Take for example the last huge battle, there was a lot of still shots and prespective with no voices or yelling, such as when appalo (sp?) was forced to ejcet, rather the sound effect and him floating around.

Also with the sound, the solution to that is: yes having sound off can work, but you have to then use sound effects from the game in the video editor, that way you have control over the layers of sound and video.
I don't have access to professional voice actors. (Wish I did!) So TEXT will have to suit the bill! To keep the story easy to follow, the TEXT was added to keep a clear understanding of what was happening and to whom it was happening to. Try keeping the integrity of the story line without it. (Who's shooting who? What ship belongs to JHHI?)
Well its a shame that the text is forced into the movie (well you dont have another option so that seems forced). Though if you must use text i would ask for something a little more appealing than the text you have implamented now. (you dont have to, but meh)

My next quesiton would be, what form of editing program are you using, also you are getting good quality for the size of file, ill give you props to that.

- Relief

Jack Hammer
x3tc

Post by Jack Hammer » Tue, 14. Feb 06, 02:05

Relief wrote:
My next quesiton would be, what form of editing program are you using, also you are getting good quality for the size of file, ill give you props to that.

- Relief
Editing: Roxio Creator 8
Capture: Fraps

The last video footage was about 6 gigs of data edited down to about 1 gig. Then I encode it into a Windows Media(TM) Video File. Of course I set the WMV to encode at the highest quality available to me. Lower quality WMV looks absolutely horrible.

I also keep the audio at best integrity, beings "normalizing Audio" doesn't effect the file size.

End result is 25MB file so it is a manageable download.

I do appreciate the input.

Check Out These Videos:
EXPLORATION - The Attack

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 06:17

*moves thread*
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 13:58

Very nice but I think you should take out the HUD display to make it more realistic. Also, try to use the more cinamatic camera views. There are a few tips for your next video. I'm looking forward to it.

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Thu, 4. May 06, 18:13

Very nice vid...

my only criticism is that i too agree that it would have been better without the HUD

Return to “Creative Universe”