AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

Robin87
x3

Post by Robin87 » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 16:24

I found the Artificial Life menu using "Thereshallbewings". Then I went to the gameplay options menu --> Artificial Life menu. But there isn't any script or mod displayed in the menu. How can I solve this?

Edit

It's working now!!! It finally shows up in the artificial life menu after saving with the script editor enabled (trough 'Thereshallbewings' pilot name). After saving with the editor enabled I restarted the game. All works fine now. Thanks a lot for those who helped me out!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 16:27

after enabling the script editor, "Thereshallbewings", did you save and reload your game ?
if not, the script wont be loaded

Robin87
x3

Post by Robin87 » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 16:29

Cycrow wrote:after enabling the script editor, "Thereshallbewings", did you save and reload your game ?
if not, the script wont be loaded
Uh... no, not yet. I only saved and reloaded the game before I used "Thereshallbewings". Going to try it immidiatly!

EDIT

It works (at least it shows up in the artifical life menu)!!!! Thanks a lot to all of you!!!! I can finally run a mod (edit: I mean script :wink: ) in my universe!!! Thanks thanks and thanks.
Last edited by Robin87 on Sat, 30. Sep 06, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 17:01

it's a script not a mod and if you had read the Script Editor stickie you would have known to save and reload ;)

merged into RRF
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Ben7el

Post by Ben7el » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 22:09

Can someone PLEASE post a a download link to the Cycrow Download, the link is broken for me

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 22:11

works fine for me both clicking and rclick/save as

Ben7el

Post by Ben7el » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 22:18

I went into IE and it worked, in Firefox is was just a huge block of text

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 23:39

Ben7el wrote:I went into IE and it worked, in Firefox is was just a huge block of text
Firefox isn't recognizing the file type and simply opens it as a text file. Use the Right Click/Save As... trick instead of a left click. That should fix it up for you.

jhondidfool

Post by jhondidfool » Tue, 10. Oct 06, 23:56

LV, in my game, this script made the Argon One to dissapear, will you fix it? i've tried a lot of times it, and always hapens, and some fellows at the spanish forums seem to have the same probem. i ask you this because it's such a great scrit it would be a pity having to turn it off to do the story. thanks ^_^

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 02:10

This script doesnt touch the Argon one... (last I checked...)

Are you sure its not out patroling?

jhondidfool

Post by jhondidfool » Wed, 11. Oct 06, 17:56

yep, i have the spanish version, don't know if that affects, but whenever i activate the script, the Argon one, as soon as i leave Argon prime for the first time is replaced by an Argon Rapid Response Titan, in wich Ban Danna Can't be found :(

Certus
x3

Post by Certus » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 02:29

This looks really cool. Spent the last hour or so reading through the 35 or so pages. Thanks to LV for all the work. Just a few questions.

1) Will it be updated to Bala Gi when its released?

2) Is there overkill when it comes to the number of RRF sent? Escalation is fine ie Rangers die so Bombers come then m2 etc.

3) Are the ships all stock standard m3, m4s etc. There are no new ships right? Rangers are Busters, what are Bombers?

4) Is it compatabile with the Yaki Armarda script?

5) Are there still things left for me to kill? :twisted:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 7. Nov 06, 07:16

1) most likely wont need to be

2) reaponse varies

3) Standard ships recruited to be RRF's. Bombers are just M6's

4) To a degree, if you don't mind the Yaki getting their butts handed to them 24/7 as the RRF's attack them.

5) You can go to Xenon or Kha'ak sectors and see how much you can kill
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

BDStyle
x3tc

Question on LV's race response

Post by BDStyle » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 17:16

Ok I have lv's script that generates a proportional and incremental response from races to aggressors.

I had to use re-init scripts in a new game to get it running as it didn't work off the bat.

I have seen no race response ships since I did this

Question is will they spawn over time or am I going to not be able to use this script?

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 14:24

wow, my first ever bump.. valid question that hasn't been answered :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 17. Nov 06, 16:51

turn the plugin off, seta for 10 mins and enable it again and everything should be ok although re-initing shouldnot make any difference anyway

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 10:17

LV, I have a problem which I think could be related to ur JTP script.

I have been noticing weird race rep drops and huge drops at that, like from 3rd rank to 5th rank.

I've been checking and once I traced it to a sector which was the aftermath of a fight. I don't know who fought who, but the result was:

.: My entire OOS patrol wiped out (1 M6 + 4 M3s).
.: 4 JTP M1/M2s in sector.
.: About 20 Yaki Fighter Drones from the Yaki Normadic Tribe script. The drones came from an erstwhile Yaki Mobile Base.

This is what I suspect happened: my OOS patrol engaged the Yaki TL in incognito mode (disguised as a race ship, eg Split Transporter). The JTP script kicked in to save the incognito TL and my patrol returned fire.

This caused prolonged and extended race rep loss (2 ranks over 3-5 minutes). Finally my ships were wiped out and the JTP ships jump out.

I wasn't able to observe this (I will reload a game and try to catch this) as I only saw the aftermath. My Inbox did say my ships were destroyed but not by whom.

Possible? I reported the same possibility in Serial's Normadic Tribe script.

KayEss
x4

Post by KayEss » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 11:10

@arcana75, I've been noticing the exact same thing.

Again I'm running the Yaki migration script plus the race response fleets and my sector patrols have also been starting fights (and DDRS rebalanced, but I don't suppose that matters).

What's worse is that I've noticed after the fighting (my Elephant manages to win) it's enemy settings include Argon, Teladi or whoever else it's decided to have a go at - it seems to decide for itself who the enemies are rather than always using the global list. Clearly this escalates well beyond where it should and before I know it I'm embroiled in all out war :(

I found something in the old X2 FAQ for the sector patrol commands that seemed to imply that turning off the "show as enemy if enemy to me" setting is the one that causes problems.

I've not started running sector patrols again after switching that setting to off on the ships. The setting does mean that the incognito Yaki capital ships don't show as enemy ships though which may help.

You don't get the money for your patrol killing them, but hopefully you don't get the rep hit either.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 12:06

FYI: If they are in 'incognito' mode, they are effectivly Race ships, not Yaki ships. So JTP WILL protect them.

This is the hazard you chose to engage in when you mixed the 2 scripts. Can't be fixed, except by NOT attacking them.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

KayEss
x4

Post by KayEss » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 12:29

Cool. That explains it. Thanks Jakesnake5.

Now I can turn off the "enemies to me" on the sector patrol ships and they'll stop starting wars.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”