[PROGRAM] Ship Manager - Creator & Installer V1.91 : Update 28/02/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think about this program

5. Execellant
78%
4. Good
16%
3. Average
3%
2. Poor
1%
1. Terrible
1%
Not really my thing
1%

Total votes: 326

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 04:19

Cycrow wrote:ok, have you made sure ur running the latest version of the program ?
so the scripts are put in place to add them to the shipyard.

also check that the mod is running when you start the game, its in the mod package list as "shipcreator"

you could open the ship files, xsp files, into the ship creator and select which shipyards you want them in, save and reinstall the file
yes i did, today i installed the cheats scrips and there i could create the new ships. I think i will try to do the thing with the ship creator, Thanks :D

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 06:10

Try putting the four "plugin.shipcreator.*" files that you may find in the x3 directory, into the x3/scripts directory. That made it work for me.

Works really well. Another awesome "management" program by Cycrow. And the ships are really well done.

Julius_Sneezer
x3

Post by Julius_Sneezer » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 16:42

I couldn't get this program to work at all until recently I tried copying the scripts into the scripts directory. I think that was the trick that got it to work.

You should include somekind of manual with this program. The readme is very vague.

I finally was able to get it to work using the import wizard and imported a few ships from Extended mod into DDRS. But I have one problem.
I imported the Orbital Weapons Platform but my TL Mammoth cannot pick it up with the Command Console->Custom->Retrieve OWP command?

Has anybody been able to pick up the OWP after importing one?
"I've graduated to a Noobs Noob Assistant now!"

AMD 3000, MSI-7125 Nforce 4 Motherboard, 1gig ram DDR 400 Dual Channel, ATI X1950Pro 256, Win XP Sp2, Creative Audigy 2 Value

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 17:21

the newest version should sort out the scripts automatically now.
i will get a better help sorted out sometime, but help files is something im not good at writing.

as for the OWP, the problem is that the scripts for OWP will need to be altered. Because to access the ship it uses the ships id which is the position in TShips. Which will of course be different when installing it via the program. Thats one of the reasons y its hard to merge large mods together that rely on scripts.

to get any ships working that require seperate scripts would mean you need to alter the scripts to make use of new ship id.

The scripts that come with the program allow you to access the ship by a string id so it doesn't matter what position of TShips its in.

to get it working, you need to replace any entry where it uses the ship type with the shipcreator scripts.
without looking at the owp scripts i cant really say exactly what needs to be changed, but anywhere it references the owp, change it to a varible

Code: Select all

$shiptype = call script 'plugin.shipcreator.getship' ship id = 'SS_SH_OWP'
the string id can be found in xsp file, just open it using the ship creator to view

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 22:54

NOw all we need is a user ships download library for posting of ships! :D

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 01:00

Cycrow: a question.

I've used the Import ship wizard to import some ships. Usually this works fine, but I've got some where the models are not being noticed by the importer.

I've pulled the models out of the CAT file, and then manually set them in the "Ship Scene" in your packager, but it doesn't appear to be integrating them into the XSP file (the file is saving as 1kb), and the models don't appear when exported to ShipCreator.cat unless I manually put them in the CAT file.

In the original CAT, the files are showingup with a .pbd extension (the specific one I'm working with is called "20002.pbd") and once exported they show up as .bod files.

Any idea why they are not adding to the XSP file?
NOw all we need is a user ships download library for posting of ships!
Anything you gimme I'll add to my site. It's as comprehensive as I've been able to make it (thoug currently 3 days old, so very much a work-in-progress)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 01:14

well the wizard attempts to select the files it finds in the scene file, does it not find any models when displaying ? if so, its possible its not reading the scene file.

you could manually select them, the importer should display all models that are found in the catalog, if they dont get selected automatically just manually add them.

to add them after the wizard, you goto other models and add them in that way.

if they appear in the list but arn't added when you save then its possible theres something wrong with trying to read the files.

The program does attempt to not add duplicate files as well as convert them.

pbd are packed bod files, pbb are packed bob files, when you add them to a catalot, they are usually packed up, changing them to pbd, and when extract them it unpacks them to bod.

Both formats will work for the program and when the mod is created, it will pack up the files into the catalog, so adding a bod file to the xsp will will create a pbd file in the mod.

the file 20002.pbd, what directory is that in ?
it possible is treating the number as an id rather than a file

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 02:14

jackleonfraust wrote:NOw all we need is a user ships download library for posting of ships! :D
bump bump moderator :) :) :)

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 04:46

To try to sort it out, I Imported the entire object list.

In the "scenes" tab the ship is "20002" and the cocpit is "20004". The paths for the files are blank.

In the "Other Models" tab, they both are in the "<PACKAGE>/objects/cut" directory.

I manually put in both paths in the "scenes" tab (for example "<PACKAGE>/objects/cut/20002.bob", which is how it shows up in "Other Models".

I save it and add it and there's no model in the game when I create the ship.

I reopen the XSP and take a look. The "Ship Scene" now says "./20002", the path is still how I put it in, the "cockpit scene" still says "20004", but the path appears empty again.

and for throughness: I have run with the original MOD and the ship does appear correctly. It just won't seem to come out :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 05:07

which mod is it from ?

ill take a look at it and c if i can get it compatable

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 12:35

Is V 1.31 availible ?
when I try download I keep getting v 1.30
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 13:08

try it now

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:17

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 14:52

ok, try this version and tell me if it works any better

http://x3.ircwhore.co.uk/ShipCreator.rar

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:14

ok, all good, I now have v 1.31

thanks Cycrow
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:16

The .bods still aren't importing automatically, so I imported them manually.

It's looking correct in the scenes tab now.

When I get home tonight I'll try seeing if it puts the model in X3

PS, all of the texts seems to be missing in that version. All the buttons, etc just say "Read Text-"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:23

yeah u have to run it from the same directory as the one you installed, coz it needs the "sc_language.xml" file
thats what contains all the text

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:28

Actually I did. I literally replaced the 1.31 executeable with yours in the same directory.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:40

hmm, strange, it should work if its run from the same directory as the language file, the text shouldn't have changed between the versions

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:56

which models wern't being added by the wizard ?

when i tested the wizard, i loaded the mod, selected the ship "SS_SH_X_M1_2" which is the Xenon M0

and it selected the 2 model files, objects\v\15025.pbd and objects\v\15026.pbd

when it was finished, it set the scene file to <PACKAGE>/objects/cut/20001.bod

with the 2 models as .bod files in the other models.

Did it not work like that for you ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”