Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:14

that could work, but would mean altering it again, already changed it's price twice :P ok, gonna later it again :(

and yeah, hopefully more ware slots with prices people want to use will come out :) i mean ffs, 188,877,701 credits is more than ships in teh game, and it's for a ware...

ok, reserved

t file 448101
and command 527 (special command 27)
currently using WARE_SW_NEW7 as can't reprice wares for some reason :evil:
Last edited by PapaTong on Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:19

For 188,877,701 credits, you should be able to buy a sector!

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:29

well guys .. we could also work together with wares .. :roll:

like (as example)

in X2 I used the Fight command MK3 in my scripts ..
cause I wanted to use that one ..
and several textfiles with the same wares that also have the same name .. wont conflict ..

it might not be the most pretty way off doing things .. but it will happen evantually anyway .. we are already almost fighting about the 'best priced' wares ..

it basicly now is who first 'pushed out' a script has the right to the ware ..
and in the long run .. that will cause trouble

(just my 2 cents ..;))

G

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:37

Red Spot wrote:
it basicly now is who first 'pushed out' a script has the right to the ware ..
and in the long run .. that will cause trouble
I disagree (slightly)

People will choose on the script itself in time so the more popular ones will win in the long run.

Ware slots are a big problem which is why most of the stuff i'm developing will utilise the dummywares or commands like system overide software.

I'm also thinking more along the lines of enabling command via a global variable switch or a bbs purchase.

It the only way to go and after several attempts to get ego to sort this by providing more wares you can see for yourself what decision was made (no time) :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 18:47

heh, getting the reprice ware command to work would be a start, i tried it but either dunno how it works, or it doesn't

(LV used the basis for your HRT setup script for it, before the 1ms pause tried to get it to reprice to 10k using $tdock -> set ware (my ware) to (new price) credits)

this the right way to do it, or was i being very special in the head?

i eventually want my script to be an alternate version to the trade 1+2 and possibly 3... i.e. instead of moving to a sector, it charges then jumps there. so eventually i might steal the slot that the trade software is in (5 mins to charge or 10 mins to cross 1 sector, u choose :P)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 01:08

yeha, i replaced all my wares with BBS entries instead, u get much control over the price too, and changing the price is alot easier :P

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 02:15

MOD NOTE: LINKED THRU HERE
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 02:33

yay i been linked :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3:

Cycrow: is it possible to make an optional command that is only accessible after the fee has been paid to the BBS system?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 07:19

New version of TerraCorp AL plugin is available - now version 2.0
Would the mods be so kind and update :D

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=107466

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 07:26

LV wrote:People will choose on the script itself in time so the more popular ones will win in the long run
I very much agree it should be like that .. but it isnt .. at least not really ..
like in that I actually liked to use the ware you used for the hull-repair-tech. .. but I dont .. not because your script is populair .. but because you already used it .. (hope you get my point ;))

LV wrote: Ware slots are a big problem which is why most of the stuff i'm developing will utilise the dummywares or commands like system overide software.
didnt think off those .. :oops:
thanks for pointing me in their direction ..

LV wrote: It the only way to go and after several attempts to get ego to sort this by providing more wares you can see for yourself what decision was made (no time) :)
:cry: ....

G

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 10:13

I was expecting to see this, dont know why.

Im still waiting for some scriptings to try and lay claim to ideas as if copyright existed.

I agree with LV here, popularity will decide the matter. But if there is a clash, then we are all fairly decent people. Im sure we can come to some arrangement to solves the issue for us.

Script packs spring to mind as way of organising scripts and optimizing the ids and stuff being used. Some scripts will be similar anyway so it will become a chance, one or the other for such packs.

Besides, ive noticed some scripters in here have already taken steps to reduce the resources their scripts use in areas where they can reduce them.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 10:15

Burianek: Hostile universe is an AL script pack right now.

It may fit in to more than one catagory before im done but right now its AL only.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 10:46

PapaTong wrote:yay i been linked :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3: :x3:

Cycrow: is it possible to make an optional command that is only accessible after the fee has been paid to the BBS system?
yes it is, you can set a script up for the upgrade command, this script will determine if you can use the c ommand or not

you just do the checks you want, return 1 if you want them to use the command, and 0 if you dont

so on the BBS, when they pay, youcan set a global varible to say they've paid, then the upgrade script will check for that global varible and return 1 to display the command

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 15:13

i'd be happy to use a command that replaces the system overide software if it did what we all thought it would do in the first place...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 02:03

DeltaWolf wrote:New version of TerraCorp AL plugin is available - now version 2.0
Would the mods be so kind and update :D

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=107466
I did then realised it was the same thread as the 1.1 link and then the little lightbulb over my head lit up and i decided i would rather stick pins in my eyes than start adding version number update's to the links.

They stay as the script/mod title with no version info i'm afraid, new threads are fine :)

MOD Note : Fine up to here

PapaTong
x4

Post by PapaTong » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 02:22

thx cycrow, think i might start wares like that..

need to learn bbs scripting thoguh first, shouldn't be too hard :)

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 13:28

LV: What ever works for you mate but ive been releasing stuff for a long time and ive found eventually lots of threads annoy the mods. Plus using the same thread has the advantage of allowing the end user to bookmark it and check it periodically.

So the single thread with a changed version number does have several advantages.

Giskard

A dJ
x4

Post by A dJ » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 17:24

<t id="550">COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_50</t> - Advanced Mineral Scanner by A dJ

Can be removed, as I turned it into an AL-Plugin.

Big Thanks for adding it to the list also.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 00:23

And we have our first ware conflict!

RedSpot's [Script]RS.ESJC (12/04/05)

AalaarDB's Salvage Mod

It's a sticky one too, I tried to reserve it but failed, he released his before me, but mine is a remake of X2 mod, and neither of us can use a BBS workaround!

I will try to change how my mod works, he narrowly edged me out so he gets the rights!

Hey I have an idea, maybe I could borrow one of the German's wares?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 00:29

we need more wares, at least more control over wares, so we could modify the prices, etc, that would be handy:P

i've just been trying to aviod using wares as much as i can

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”