Activating The X3 Script Editor / Galaxy Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 22:20

Well, you could run a script to get values from a station, there are commands that will return cycle time, prices etc.
Then you could spit those values out to the player logbook using the write to logbook command.
But you can't really construct some new gui with the script editor.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

And you should ask questions about how to use the script editor in the forum. This thread only exists to discuss how to run the script editor on, not how to use it.

The last line in the first post is:
Feel free to ask questions about the activation of the script editor in this thread, but please save questions like 'How does it work?' and 'How do I script something?' for the appropriate tutorials threads. (Don't post them here)

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 07:54

noob question...

Once the script editor is activated and you have completed your changes,
how do you de-activate it ?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 21:52

you dont

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 11. Jan 06, 00:59

to expand, once the editor has been activated, it's impossible to turn it off. (short of starting a new game that doesn't have it activated)

it doesn't hurt anything to leave it on.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 00:04

Apocholypse wrote:Once in the Script Editor how do I get on screen all stations information, i.e. resource consumption, prices of good etc...
Go to the Scripting forum sticky, and get my Company Assets script. :)

Raziaar
x3

Post by Raziaar » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 15:40

I need help. For the LIFE of me I can't search the proper thing to help me out! I'm about to commit suicide after spending a long time on this.

I have downloaded all of these great new scripts and stuff for the game, right? Great... excellent. Fresh install, about a dozen scripts that should make me enjoy my newly started game.

I do the Thereshallbewings thing, and it works fine. I get into the script editor.

This is where I don't know what to do! I have used the QT: Xscript manager, to install and enable all the scripts. However I always read that you have to go into the script editor in game and manually load all of the xml files or something? What gives? How can I possibly load all these dozens or hundreds of xml files, knowing which ones?

Or do I not even have to do this at all? Do I just make sure the script editor is loaded and stuff, and all my scripts I installed with the script manager are magically working now if I save and reload the saved game?

Please help... i'm dying over here.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 18:15

most scripts don't need manually activating,

try looking in the threads of the scripts you have downloaded and check the Authors details on installing his/her script :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 02:42

you have to enable the script editor and the scripts need to be run
however you dont have to manually run them, just save and reload your game, when the game loads again, it will automatically run the scripts needed.

just make sure the script editor is enabled

Alche
x3

Post by Alche » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 11:19

Burianek wrote:to expand, once the editor has been activated, it's impossible to turn it off. (short of starting a new game that doesn't have it activated)

Surely there must be a way to switch off the script editor?

One of the little annoying things it does:

When flying “more ship info” screen shows program script data when you scroll down, seeing the program script during a fight spoils the event, breaks the illusion.

I has the script editor loaded once before and somehow got it shutdown.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 13:06

Burianek wrote:to expand, once the editor has been activated, it's impossible to turn it off. (short of starting a new game that doesn't have it activated)

I just noticed that I opened the script editor once. And forgot about it. But now that I know, I see it everywhere. I just tried it, didn't even use it…

This is annoying me to no end. So I searched on Ego, if you could switch it off. Obviously not.

Why not? The script editor is a tool and you should be able to switch it on and off. The modified tag shows if you made changes or not. So why all this "Well, there's no point in switching it off". There IS. It spoils my fun. All this work to get were I am now, in the game, and now this...

Now I have to restart because all my save games are ruined.

Btw. The reason why I forgot, was that there was no modified tag on the screen. The result was that I thought it wouldn't be a problem. Didn't know about all these script messages then (in-game). Bah.

Please allow people to switch it off. Please? :cry:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 19:55

There is no chance of switching it off as EGO has many better things to do with their time.

I have added this info to the SE Sticky though so other users like yourself will be aware of this before they open it. That's all I/we can do tbh so please accept our apologies for your inconveiniance. :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

zakalwe12
x3

Post by zakalwe12 » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 13:44

I tried the galaxy editor thing makeanapplepiefromscratch and it didnt work help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 13:59

its Makeanapplepiefromscratch
not makeanapplepiefromscratch

zakalwe12
x3

Post by zakalwe12 » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 14:53

ok i need to know is there a difference (version 1.0)
between the custom game option and the galaxy editor
if there is may someone kindly try to explain why all the code does is call my character Makeanapplepiefromscratch and does not trigger any actions

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 16:48

iit usually do that if you have typed it wrong
make sure you type it exactly

bloodburgers
x3

Post by bloodburgers » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 23:56

trying to get into script editing have got the editor working now where do i go from there?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 6. Apr 06, 09:24

you read the X3 Scripting / Modding Tutorials and Resources stickie and download the msci handbook linked within that thread :)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 21. May 06, 11:45

Unstikied, info put into the Tutorials stickie and 95% of the rest of the posts in here are meaningless, if anything needs adding into the tutorials stikie which i've missed let me know :)
LV's TC Scripts

EriNNyen

hm....

Post by EriNNyen » Mon, 14. Jan 08, 19:28

sorry for postin in sutch an old thred but i just got the game and i took the instruktions on how du get the Editor but

1. My name dous change
2. The editor dous not aper in the command c.
3. I'v trid it in bouth the ship and pilots name it dous not work

kann you pleas help me ?

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Mon, 14. Jan 08, 19:33

i know it sounds stupid but did you include the T (upper case). Try it again, i noticed that sometimes the keyboard is a little sluggish ingame... once you have typed it, check it before you accept the change.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”