[SCRIPT] Cargo Bay Energy Divert System V1.10 : Update 27/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khardur
x3

Post by Khardur » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 15:05

ahh, perhaps then that's why I've started to have all kinds of funny things happen -

So I've started fresh, cleared the uninstall scripts.. and slowly have started reinstalling them and checking for anything funny on the way...

(my empire was very small, a dozen ships and a couple factories, so it's easy to get back) - :wink:

I'll keep an eye out for strange things going on, I appreciate all your help on my little problems.

-khardur
1024x768 all on high/AA/AF on. Woot!

mrmaigo

Post by mrmaigo » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 17:15

Exploit/Bug: If you have the diverter, your ship is full and you use your transporter on a ship you own with free space you can dulicate items untill the second ship is full. You do it by pressing the End (move all) key on a wear the target ship has but your ship doesn't. It'll pop up with a negitve number on your ships side of the window (enough to fill your cargo w/o the diverter) and the target ship will get that many.

Not clear enough?
Your ship (Ship A) has 400 cargo space, and the cargo bay is full. The diverter lowers it to 200. The game displays the ship having 400 freight and 200 total space.
The your target ship (Ship B) has 3000 cargo space, no diverter and its holding ONE engergy cell.
You open the transfer freight window from Ship A to Ship B and select Energy Cells then hit the End key. Ship A shows -200 energy cells at the bottom of the window, you hit enter and Ship B gets 200 energy cells. You hit End and enter again, Ship B gets another 200 and now has 401. And you can keep doing it till Ship B has 3000 energy cells.
Now say you do that with something NOT cheep.

Also, with V2.0 the Diverter (and Space fly hunter software) ware no longer shows a name at equipment docks and it doesn't show up on your ships freight but its still tradable

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 17:57

ok, something is wrong there, as it should only divert empty space, if you cargo bay is full, then it shouldn't work at all.

ill take a look at that.

as for the wares, its bacause of EMP, when installing the new patch, if you dont put the plugin manager into prepare patch mod then the new patch will have overwritten EMP so it no longer exists, even thou the program still thinks it does.

if you didn't install it via the plugin manager then you can simply install it again.

however, if you did, it will cause problems. As if you try and install the new version over the time, it will replace the file added by the patch, or you uninstall it, it will remove the file from the patch to.

what you need to do, is uninstall EMP, then reinstall the patch to put the fiels back, then reinstall the new version of EMP

mrmaigo

Post by mrmaigo » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 18:04

Well for it diverts the same amount of space every time but I get diffrent amounts of speed depending on how full my cargo hold is. :?

Thanks for reminding me about the EMP

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

New Update 1.10

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 14:45

New Update

V1.10
* Adjusted amount of speed increase based on class
* Changed to use Plugin Manager Custom Wares
* Added use of Energy Cells to keep the device running
* Fixed diverting when cargo bay is full

NeoSeether
x2

Post by NeoSeether » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 00:05

Sorry to bump this thread, but the ware doesn't appear at all in-game, esp. when checking through the list of wares.

Error traced to '447548.xml' (contents below):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="44">

<page id="7548" title="Cargo Divert">
<t id="1">Cargo Energy Divert</t>
</page>

</language>

This was all that was in the file. No reference to what ware was being used.

Surprised that no one caught this.

Currently running v2.0.02, and have enabled Community Extended Mod Pack as '10.dat and 10.cat.'
Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 00:20

its been changed from EMP to a Custom Ware

if you open the plugin manager installer, then click on the custom wares tab.

the second box should list the ware in there, make sure you tick the "Allow use of Custom Wares" otherwise they wont be added to the game

NeoSeether
x2

Post by NeoSeether » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 00:26

<facepalm>

...I should have paid more attention to the 1.10 update list...

Didn't see that part at all...

Just for future reference, will any other of your scripts use/already use the 'custom wares' aspect, other than this one, and 'Capital Ship Crews'?
Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 02:07

more in the future will use them yeah, any new scripts i release that use wares will also use custom wares

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 06:48

cycrow there is something wrong with this script. downloaded this again today installed it and it does not show up at the teldi stations. going into the script editor in the setup.plugin.cargodivert lines 16,22,23,30 and 35 the ware item is blank. but if i install the normal emp those lines change to a rexttext 17-10543. this also happens with or without the check mark in the allow use of custom wares.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 15:37

this script uses EMP and not custom wares.

u'll need emp installed for it to show up.

there is only 1 device this script installs, so the others are most likly from other scripts

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 01:25

Is this not supposed to work on larger ships (M2/M1/M0)? Works fine on my Hyperion.. bought a Galleon and installed it, and it keeps rejecting the command. Full cargo space installed (6k+ free), 1.5k energy cells present, only 1 of the device in cargo.

While the device is nice in smaller ships, it is probably even more valuable in larger slower ones that have cargo to burn and not much speed.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 17:47

it defiantly should work on larger ships.

however, you will need alot more free cargo space than on smaller ships.

original it was the same for all ships, but then you ended up with TL's being able to fly faster than a starburst and arrow.

you get command rejected when the calculated additional speed is too low

ie, it works out how much cargo space it can remove and how much speed that will generate. If theres not additional speed, then the command is rejected.

just remember, that it diverts cargo bay extensions, and not a full cargo bay.

so it will never take away more cargo than the minimum amount for a ship.

as some ships dont actually have any cargo bay extensions, then it wont work for those

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 18:59

Yep, that makes sense. It only had 6k free out of 20k, and the base speed of the Galleon was around 93, so the additional was probably insufficient.

I've been having issues docking a TL at the Galleon and transferring cargo off to it anyhow, so I'll probably rethink my storage needs as a result, which will affect how this changes the Galleon's speed.

Thanks for the reply Cycrow.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 23:12

Cycrow wrote:it defiantly should work on larger ships.

however, you will need alot more free cargo space than on smaller ships.

-snip-
No luck Cycrow.. using the same Galleon (20k storage, 7450 used) it keeps telling me command rejected. Doesn't matter if I have 0 energy cells, 50 cells, or 1000 cells in cargo. The Galleon is a M1 from XTM with a base speed in the low 90's.

Ejjarufaf
x3tc

Post by Ejjarufaf » Fri, 9. Oct 09, 08:32

Both download links are broken when I try to open them.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”