[PROGRAM] Ship Manager - Creator & Installer V1.91 : Update 28/02/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think about this program

5. Execellant
78%
4. Good
16%
3. Average
3%
2. Poor
1%
1. Terrible
1%
Not really my thing
1%

Total votes: 326

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 05:06

cycrow what cheats and how would a noob like me go about doing this
thanks
p.s will i still get the ships i want or just the ones available in the game

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 06:05

Grab LV's cheat package available in the sticky in this forum
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 09:57

thanks for the tip but i really just want to import ships into my game dont like useing cheats nothing against them just want the ships.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 16:30

If you use the creator, you can specify what race shipyards gets to have them.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 19:26

yeah dident work for me dont know whats going on :(

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 21:41

Rustybucket,
do you mean there's incompatibility between ShipCreator and the DDRS mod? Or does ShipCreator require one to make a separate 'ShipCreator mod' to use ships created/modified with it? Are there any other mods u know conflict with ShipCreator? I'd really like to know more about this.
Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 21:47

not sure what the problem with DDRS is
but i've run the shipcreator mod with DDRS and it works perfectly fine for me

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 22:05

i,m stuck because they are xsp i think i can put them into the installship no problem but i cant find the scripts cycrow was talking about i'll leave out the ddrs ships and try again i am trying to run some of lv,s scripts at the moment
but haveing trouble understanding them as well.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 22:17

have u installed the latest version, 1.30 ?
if you have u shouldn't worry about scripts, as they should now be installed automatically

clive938
x3

Post by clive938 » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 23:13

i tell you what exactaly i did

i downloaded the list of ddrs and balogts ships in xsp form from the xperiment website and then open them in my x3 folder and on each ship i was given the option to install them directly into he ship installer which is the new 1.30
then i press escape and start a new game but dispite looking in all the shipyards found notting :(

i have also used the shipcreator but no luck there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 23:22

well like i said, the best thing to do, would be to install the cheat scripts.
then use the command to create a new ship
this will bring up a list of avaialble ships, the ships you've installed should appear in this list, if they dont, then there is something wrong with the mod

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 00:48

Cycrow wrote:not sure what the problem with DDRS is
but i've run the shipcreator mod with DDRS and it works perfectly fine for me
I ran the ship creator, selected the new SHIPCREATOR mod package, and was unable to load a save game (it would just CTD - saved game corrupt). Tried that with 2-3 different saves with the same result. Then I started a new game, with the Shipcreator mod active, and found myself in a discoverer with incorrect body parts.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 00:51

Most likely the mod has a components.txt file. The creator doesn't seem to handle it too well when so many things are changed.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 00:54

what did you set as the base mod in the ship installer ?

missing entries in components shoudln't cause it to crash, but the ship installer does create a components file, which is based on the base mod with and added entries for ships if they need them

Fendalis
x3

Post by Fendalis » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 01:56

I've had a problem with shipcreator and DDRS as well, though the ships appear fine, the cockpit appears in the middle of them...for example my dragon I'm right in the middle of, and it won't fire. M3s are okay, so it seems to only affect M6s and up. I scripted in...what was it...prometheus I think, M1 and none of the guns would fire on it. Have the newest version of shipcreator and DDRS.
Welcome to Rev-Co
http://rev-co.net

"If something seems too good to be true it's better to shoot it just in case."

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 02:54

So Cycrow,
if I was to change some DDRS ships within that mod--as opposed to 'extracting' them from DDRS for use within a personal 'shipcreator mod'--how would I do that with ShipCreator? (I'm asuming ShipCreator can do both--modify ships within a existing mod, as well as create its own mod, yes?)...Hope that makes sense.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 03:57

im not enterily sure what you mean.

the shipcreator works by each ship ship (xsp), has all the data for a single ship, ie a line from TShips, TCockpits, any dummies and components entries as well as all the required models.

then the ship install combines all these into a single mod. It takes the files from what ever mod is select, or from the standard X3 files, and appends all the data for the installed ships onto them.

so if your using DDRS as the base mod, the shipcreator mod will contain all the files from DDRS as well as all the files for each ship, the TShips file will be the same as the DDRS TShips just with extra entries added onto the end, the same with the other files, TCockpits, Componants and Dummies

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 04:27

Cycrow,

What happens if you run the shipcreator to build the mod, and then change/edit the base mod that is being used by the shipcreator? The next time you add another ship, will the program overwrite the base mod and shipcreator mod, or will it use the updated base mod and add the new ship files to update the shipcreator mod.?

Rusty

btw i was running DDRS 2.3.3

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 04:54

the shipcreator never doesn't anything to the base mod, it only reads from it, never edits it.

so if you add a new ship, it will copy the base mods TShips file then add the ships to it, so if u've made changes the changes will be added into the shipcreator mod. The onyl changes that wont be is if you add new models to the base mod, then you will have to recreate the mod.

also if you run the DDRS as a fake patch and set the shipcreator to Standard Game, then it will still get the TShips from DDRS for the main mod

both ways especially work the same

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 04:57

The creator doesn't do the components too well. I did it with Exodus mod, which has components in it, but when adding ships, it messed up cockpit positions. Removing components with Mod Manager fixed.
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”