[SCRIPT] Taxi Drivers Guild V1.10 : Update 10/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:17

erm, not sure y your getting a readtext error there, that text is definatly in the text file

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:24

fwiw, I'm still getting the read-text 7129-########## (big number) on the BBS offers. I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc, etc a couple times.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:27

Only on the bbs offers or also when u end a taxi mission.

Because on the bbs i have no probs i can see them all the only thing is i cant play the:

1. Joy ride missions
2. Visiting a few station missions

And the one i can play the ''take me to that station mission'' i get a read-text @ the end. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:27

is this in the title, ie Wanted ReadText 7219-#### Taxi Driver ?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:35

Yep. (if you're referring to my observation)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:39

yeah i've not fixed that yet, but it will be fixed in the next release

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. May 06, 16:42

Ah. Ok. I'll quit worrying about it then. :) Not to detract from this particular script, but is there any reason the assassin missions have all but disappeared? (I know, I've mentioned this before)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. May 06, 17:31

i really dont know what could have caused that, especially as the script hasn't changed, so it must be something else thats effecting it, when i get round to installing 1.4.3 ill check it out and c what i can find

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. May 06, 18:55

Cheers.

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Tue, 23. May 06, 21:49

Having tried out the Taxi script on its own and having it behave I decided to get going on a proper game, and am now back with having Readtext messages at the end of point to point taxi runs and whilst I am getting paid and the mission appears to have been completed properly I am loosing my Cabins.

Installed Mod

DDRS2.23

Installed Scripts

Cycrows Full Pack
BBS Extras and DTS by Al-Main
Station Trader by Naffarin

Also reinstalled Taxi script seperately just incase the pack had a prob

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Tue, 23. May 06, 22:15

Haven't been around for a while, and come back and see that Cycrow is still spitting out scripts like a printing press. Amazing! Did you get a job at a gaming company yet Cycrow?

Anyway, I've just installed X3 on a 'fresh' PC, and have so far only installed the patch, the cockpit mod from the bonus page, your script installer and your package with all your scripts (and that common file needed for it). New game.

I keep getting taxi offers on most bulletin boards, although I haven't joined the taxi guild yet, and the messages have headlines with 'Readtexts...'. Any idea?

Sorry if this has been discussed here earlier, as I haven't read the thread.

Anyway good to see you're still at it, and keep up the great work! :)

Paratrooper.
x3

Post by Paratrooper. » Tue, 23. May 06, 22:18

fud wrote:Ah. Ok. I'll quit worrying about it then. :) Not to detract from this particular script, but is there any reason the assassin missions have all but disappeared? (I know, I've mentioned this before)
The merchants guild has dissapeared for me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 24. May 06, 01:39

the problem with problem the readtext is that its showing missions when you havn't joined the guild, which is a bug that i need to fix, its a pretty simple fix but not had chance to fix it yet as i was looking into another part of the script so i can get a few fixes done in the next release.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Wed, 24. May 06, 15:45

Ok cheers. :)

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 26. May 06, 14:24

I landed in one of the taxi guild stations, but there was no option to join the guild. So since the ReadText messages are clogging up the BBS's in all stations (3-6 msgs), I thought I'd disable it until it is fixed. I did so in your Script Manager, but the BBS are still clogged with taxi messages. Any tips? Should I select 'Remove script files' as well?

Edit:

Never mind, the messages are gone now. Seems the game had to be running a while to clear them out or something.

Cheers!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. May 06, 16:42

yeah the game does cache the the items on the bbs so if you remove the script, jsut fly around for abit and they will be removed.

unfortuatlly theres no way to make a certain article always show on the BBS so sometimes there wont be an option to join

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Fri, 26. May 06, 16:50

well cycrow i still can't find a station or a message very strange:(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 27. May 06, 14:24

Fixed the readtext errors now

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 27. May 06, 15:01

Thanks, I'll enable it again then. As a former taxi driver I feel I have to... :P

Cheers!

DanishEagle
x3tc

Post by DanishEagle » Sun, 30. Jul 06, 20:56

I like the idea of this script very much, and i can soon begin take some missions wich i'm looking forward to.

Just an odd (and annoyng) little thing. I have two guild stations in the same sector wich i find odd teking into concideration that it is the same guild and they therefore should spread out a bit to make better profit. That was the odd thing, now to the annoying thing.

Both Guildyards are in my ST training ground Empire Edge, and for some reason my ST's keep going to them despite they are not bying or selling anything on the Guilds that will make sense for my ST's to trade in. The guilds has spawned pretty far from the center of the system, so Empire Edge in my game is now useless as training ground fur UT's

Do the guilds consume anything that i the player for some reason can't see?

I also have a "Hello, i'm Unknown Object and would like to be transportet to..." issue, but i'm not entirely sure it's this script doing it.
Proud associate of SAS
I want Susie found. Then hung from a tree, shot and gutted, together with her purple dinosaur.
(yup, i played that game too)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”