[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 21. Mar 06, 19:54

D_Zorro wrote:A quick question ?? when i download the spk of the front page, it says version 1.22 not version 1.23 ?? :? Am i missing something here ???
:oops: Sorry. Link upgraded (btw you can use the package upgrade feature of XScript Installer ;) )
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Xylaan
x3tc

Post by Xylaan » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 00:45

I got my first Split Elephant last night, and have been playing around with this script. Thinking towards the future, would it be possible to add a command similar to the 'attack wing' that you could tell a wing to protect a particular target?

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 02:11

This is a great script :)

I actually use Observe's Mobile Fortress(M0). At the moment I have 1 Colossus, 2 Titans, 1 Hercules, 2 Centaurs, 1TP, 11 TS's and 22 Fighters all home based to the M0. When I select the number of defence ships for my Defence Wing, it randomly selects various ship types. Whilst I'm ok with the Cap Ships being part of the Defence Wing, I just need to figure out how to stop the TL, TP and TS's from going out as well.

Any ideas on how I can stop the non-combatant ships from being part of the Defence Wing(or even the Attack Wing for that matter)?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Xylaan
x3tc

Post by Xylaan » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 17:52

Yet another thing:

When a wing of ships is launched against a target, it appears that there is a wingleader, and then a number of other ships set to attack the wingleader's target.

Would it be possible to rename the ships as they are launched, to indicate the wing (a number would be fine, tho the names are running out of space fast)? And along with that, mark which of them is the leader? That way, if we wanted to give the wing a new attack target, we could at least select the wing leader, and tell him to attack our next intended target.

Unless of course, there's already an easy way to do this without telling the wing to return to base and I'm just missing it.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 18:23

ive needed this for so long, kick me for ignoring it :oops:

prays that all my other scripts like it as well :D

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 08:26

the script sounds great :thumb_up:
but the link seems to be down :cry:

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 09:22

RGanB wrote:the script sounds great :thumb_up:
but the link seems to be down :cry:
Just tested and both the links work.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

RGanB
xr

Post by RGanB » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 13:11

ah yes
I just found out you have to "save target as"
sry for my folishness :oops:

looking forward to trying it out

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 08:16

Thanks for this script.

Its just the ticket for fleet command.

Anybody looking for a better way to control your fleet of fighters, I recommend this.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 15:49

Hi Serial: What about the support ships of the M1 like the M6's, M2's.

Also can i use this mod for a fleet without carrier?

Lanora
x3

Post by Lanora » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 00:07

I installed the files but none of the commands are showing up in the menu. What could i have done wrong?

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 01:14

Hi Lanora,

Theres a couple of things that could be causing that.

1. Have you enabled the script editor? (Change your name to Thereshallbewings to enable it. It won't actually change your name, save the game and reload that save)

2. In the readme it states that you might have to "reinit script caches" through the script editor if there aren't any command showing.

When you load the game and the script install is successful, you get an incoming message which is written to your pilots log telling you so.

Hope that helps.

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 17. Apr 06, 02:49

Lanora wrote:I installed the files but none of the commands are showing up in the menu. What could i have done wrong?
Also, if you are using the moxy's extended mod and you have a M0, you will need to go into the in-game script editor go down to the setup script and change the shiptype Battleship M1 to Carrier. This will give you the commands in all ships that are Carrier types.

DarthVain

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 17:00

I am having trouble with the front turrets in my colossus.

They keep resetting to none. This only seems to happen when I have ships launched from the carrier and doesn't seem to happen when I fight on my own. Just a mild annoyance, especially after lining a target up and them not firing.

Other turrets don't seem effected at all, just the front ones which have mass drivers installed if thats important.

Otherwise this runs perfectly.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 19:42

mmm do u have bought that ship via Cycrow's BBS capitol ship script?

Because i have the same prob and some other guys too and they all have bought a ship from the BBS. :)

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 20:06

Thanks for the reply Yellowman.

I have seen that problem posted a few times Yellowman but alas thats not the bother here. The Colossus in question was bought from Argon Prime shipyard and is standard in every way and I don't use the script you mention.

I do have a few other scripts running though but I have tried removing them and the result is the same.

The other scripts I have are Station trader by Naffarin, Cycrows capital ship crews and SOS Mk2.

I did a check to see if any of these conflict with each other as well and they all look fine to work together.

Kelval
x3

Post by Kelval » Tue, 25. Apr 06, 16:12

This is a great script really.

I have had several of the issues that are posted higher, but since it's already said...

The one thing I would appreciate, is a reset command on the fighters base. For example, I want to transfer 5 fighters to the other side of a Xenon sector, and I don't want to have them all the way around. The trouble is I can't reaffect my docked fighters anywhere. You need to own at least one station/other carrier to change the homebase. A way to reset their homebase to null would be cool, as I don't feel like buying another Split Elephant to do the trick ;).

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 00:50

Kelval wrote:This is a great script really.

I have had several of the issues that are posted higher, but since it's already said...

The one thing I would appreciate, is a reset command on the fighters base. For example, I want to transfer 5 fighters to the other side of a Xenon sector, and I don't want to have them all the way around. The trouble is I can't reaffect my docked fighters anywhere. You need to own at least one station/other carrier to change the homebase. A way to reset their homebase to null would be cool, as I don't feel like buying another Split Elephant to do the trick ;).
Actually, Cycrow has a Remove Homebase script

see post here: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110772

DarthVain

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 13:07

Lethal Mitch wrote:Thanks for the reply Yellowman.

I have seen that problem posted a few times Yellowman but alas thats not the bother here. The Colossus in question was bought from Argon Prime shipyard and is standard in every way and I don't use the script you mention.

I do have a few other scripts running though but I have tried removing them and the result is the same.

The other scripts I have are Station trader by Naffarin, Cycrows capital ship crews and SOS Mk2.

I did a check to see if any of these conflict with each other as well and they all look fine to work together.
Then i really cant help you. And i dont think it has something to do with the other scripts run.
One thing is for sure it's a very strange bug..

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 26. Apr 06, 14:01

look for a command like ..

"THIS start task 1 with script ................"

change it to

"THIS start task 300 with script ........."

(or any other *high* number.. as it is task 1 is for your turret)

G

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”