[Script] Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2 3/10/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 20. Jun 06, 16:55

If your going to do another release at some stage, any chance of a BBS message telling about it and where to buy from. I sometimes forget what scripts I'm using and need a reminder to go get these things. (e.g. the advanced mineral scanner BBS messages.)

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 10. Jul 06, 10:48

Broken linky.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

I Got Nothing!! :(

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 10. Jul 06, 20:46

Installed the .spk version of the script and something went SNAFU :( At the Boron trading dock the following showed up: ss_ware_sw_new5 I'm assuming this is the Freight Tractor Beam (though it may be another script I've installed, and forgot about); in any case, I'm not even being offered the System. I got this once before, and the read me file had be place a file from \X3 to \X3\t -- But I'm not sure which file to move.

Well.. hopefully this is enough info for you to get me an 'Anti-Crash Into Astroroid while attempting to pick up wares in space that are Too Dang Close System (A-CIAWATPUWISTATDCS) or you could just call it a 'Tractor Beam' :!:
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 14:15

This script rocks. I'm using it all the time.

Look, the first time I used the .spk I also got ss_new blah blah. But I've since re-downloaded and at some point redid EMP, so I can't tell which was which. All good.

The hotkey also doesn't work for me, I'm gonna try the .zip version and see if that sorts it, tho to be honest, I use the beamer so much that when the time comes, I hit the command sequences in almost the same amount of time. Fast menus, you gotta love it.

Perfect for loading up and sorting looted missiles, taking care of capps, before the next wave in the Deathmatch arrives, and with time to spare to intellegently deal with incomming messages from traders gone lazy/panicky!

Nice one.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 16:15

broken linky, anyone listening...
My Artwork show reel:

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 17:42

Hmmm, you're right, have you tried downloading the .spk Cycrow Installer version too? It's the one I've been using all along.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 17:45

Everyones Antihero wrote:broken linky, anyone listening...
Right click the link, and hit save as. :)

Erilaz
x4

Post by Erilaz » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 17:53

Oh hey, thanks for the reminder, have to try that on some other scripts I missed.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 24. Jul 06, 18:31

Saint-Ashley wrote:
Everyones Antihero wrote:broken linky, anyone listening...
Right click the link, and hit save as. :)
thanks, shoulda guessed LOL :lol:
My Artwork show reel:

Phelan Boots

Post by Phelan Boots » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 21:59

Would it be easy for me to erm...change it to someone else's trade stations? Say the Split? You see, I'm not on the best terms with the Boron right now...

How would/Can I changed that?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 19:45

Code: Select all

014     $dock =  find station in galaxy: startsector=$psec class or type=Trade Dock race=Boron flags=[Find.Random] refobj=null serial=null max.jumps=100

found in setup.cargobeam

change the race to whatever
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Alonzo999

Post by Alonzo999 » Mon, 14. Aug 06, 10:32

1) Hot Key doesn't work for me too :(

2) May be you can make it so as Advanced Mineral Scanner, it will be activated in AL Settings and if transport is full it will be automatically deactivated...

Alyx

Post by Alyx » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 02:46

all right, lets bump it up. the hotkey ain't working on this side of the pond either. doing it via menu is fine with me, as it feels less easy that way, but since it _is_ hotkeyable i'd rather see it work. any clues to the source of the problem?

another thing - do non piloted ships use the beamer too? i couldn't confirm that, so i assumed "no" and played with manual commands, so how's that looking on your end?

this is one hell of a script. number two (right after JDK) on my list of absolutely essential scripts (if you're playing salvager).
People are born to pay taxes.
And die for glory, if necessary.

paulms1980
x3tc

Freight beaming technology?

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 09:30

im sure i saw a script that allows you 2 beam cargo straight in2 your cargobay rather than chasing it around with the doors open.
anyone remember where it is?
p.s i have searched the script list but could not see it.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 09:48

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 10:13

cheers mate, thats the 1.
is the EMP totally bug free?
and when using it do i have to start a fresh game?
P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 10:24

paulms1980 wrote:is the EMP totally bug free?
Yes, its too simple to have bugs
paulms1980 wrote:and when using it do i have to start a fresh game?
no, it works in saved games

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 18:57

Alyx wrote:all right, lets bump it up. the hotkey ain't working on this side of the pond either. .
unless cycrow or a-n-other sorts the hotkey you won't be getting a fix as i can not load x3 :!:
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Alyx

Post by Alyx » Tue, 12. Sep 06, 01:48

LV wrote:unless cycrow or a-n-other sorts the hotkey you won't be getting a fix as i can not load x3 :!:
me feels bad for you. ah, screw the hotkey, i'd rather know if i have to babysit haulers, or not (ie. do they use the beamer?)

EDIT: they do not. collect wares in sector does not make them use the beamer, you have to issue specific orders by hand.
People are born to pay taxes.
And die for glory, if necessary.

Troublefish
x4

regarding hotkey problem

Post by Troublefish » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 02:23

Well not long ago I too had to suffer with the hotkey problem. Was able to beam up via menu but not through a non-conflict hotkey.

So I took a look at plugin.lv.beam.box and changed the value of maxdist to some other numbers and then the hotkey just miraculously worked ! :D

For whatever reason it worked is unknown for me, but i hope this might help someone who has the problem as this is a really great scrip and I really enjoyed it. So please give it a try and post back the result as it might be only working for me.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”