[Script] Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2 3/10/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 4. Feb 06, 22:07

Fachtna wrote:EDIT:
P.S. Its either a Trade Station or an Equipment Dock. No Trade Docks :)

All working hunky dorey now
actaully, in the script editor, there called trade docks :P

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 14:37

Cycrow wrote:
Fachtna wrote:EDIT:
P.S. Its either a Trade Station or an Equipment Dock. No Trade Docks :)

All working hunky dorey now
actaully, in the script editor, there called trade docks :P
no-one likes a smart arse :D

when i am sending my ship to buy the upgrade, i aint sending it into the script editor to do it :)

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Sat, 11. Feb 06, 23:39

here, one more question re this.

why did (see below for tense explanation) my hotkey work intermittantly.

I assigned the hotkey "b"

sometimes when i ran it, it would automatically scoop loot. sometimes it would do nthing.

I assumed that this was a bit of a confusion, as the keybindings for afterburner and cargo beam got reversed at one stage.

i read the thread on how much of a git it was to unassign keys, so thought the best thing to do was to delete x3 totally, including savegames, and reinstall.

I now have the problem that my hotkey "b" key doesnt work at all, and i have to go into the ship command\custom\ to select the beam cargo.

not a big issue, but would be nice of the hotkey worked. I am hoping that it is summat stupid i am missing :)

Nightmariner
x3

Freight Beamer Won't Run

Post by Nightmariner » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 06:13

Hi LV,

Don't want to seem slow, but I can't get the freight beamer to work. I have loaded the mod using Cycrow's installer and have loaded the EMP as well. I can find and pay for the beamer at the Boron Trade docks OK, but once I buy one it just sits in my cargo bay with no way to install it. When I target, say, an energy cell, I get no prompt to beam it aboard, and I'm not seeing any "beam freight" command anywhere in the command menus. Any thoughts? :gruebel:

George Wills
xr

Post by George Wills » Mon, 20. Feb 06, 11:54

This is excelent upgrade for "in battle situations". Anybody left some cargo box and I can promptly beam it onboard before somebody other try to do it or before game engine dispose it for lower amount of objects in sector.
There is some risk of being hit in "autopilot stage", but it is exactly what it needs to not look like simple cheat.

What about possibility of beam onboard astronauts/slaves too (when Cargo Bay Life Support is installed of course). It's very dangerous to pick them up manually in centre of fight and nobody want they catch some accidentally hit, isn't it true?

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 23:33

look at that. i looked this thread up to make a suggestion and was beaten to it.

the beaming of astronauts for slaves is a magic idea. I am using the deathmatch script, and i just LOATHE to see the wee baskets get away.

any chance of a version 1.2 incorporating this?

Loonix
x3tc

Post by Loonix » Fri, 24. Feb 06, 07:50

Can I use this on non-piloted vessels in conjunction with the Special Command to pick up wares?

gtfouts
x3

Post by gtfouts » Sat, 25. Feb 06, 23:56

LV,
This script works like a charm but only when I use it from the menu. I cannot get a hotkey to work no matter what I do. It is there in the interface menu for me to assign, I assign a key, but thats it. It will not work at all with a hotkey. Perhaps I'm not doing something right or am missing something silly. I am within 3k of the target, have it selected as a target even but no go. Yet if I go thru the menu and select it, BAM, it grabs all wares around me. Any hints on what I can do?

I've gone in and tried to change a few things in the script even. Just a little bit of logic here and there on the $g...tried to copy the way others did it. That didn't work. moved it to the beginning of the script thinking maybe that might make a difference....ummm...nope..I am stumped. :?

So I put it all back original. I can see no reason why it doesnt work to begin with. Your original code looks just fine to me, tho I am a total beginner in this scripting stuff, but sense is sense and it makes total sense to me. It just wont call the script to run. Like I said, it appears in the options and I pick a key that has no conflicts....shrug...would really like to get this working with a hotkey. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fachtna
x3

Post by Fachtna » Mon, 27. Feb 06, 21:11

I take it LV isnt interested in transporting astronauts as slaves (ignore the sneaky bump) :oops:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 00:44

been taking it easy the last few days, next version will have space suit capability (at some kind of cost)

I did test my hotkey function and it was fine so i don't know why yours does not work correctly.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Loonix
x3tc

Post by Loonix » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 02:40

LV,

Is this script only useable in the ship your piloting? Can my wingmen use it too?

liquidthunder
x3

Post by liquidthunder » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 12:27

does this script clash with any other scripts. as i dont get the transporter command any more and the upgrade appears as a ware in the transporter docks. apart from any scripts created by you and cyrow i only got TESG salvage network, DTS auction and the Cartel Shield Hacker scripts is there any way to for me to check whats causing the problem?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 13:55

liquidthunder wrote:i dont get the transporter command any more
in your menu or as a hotkey?

liquidthunder
x3

Post by liquidthunder » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 15:19

LV wrote:
liquidthunder wrote:i dont get the transporter command any more
in your menu or as a hotkey?
in the menu

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 16:54

I take it you have one on your ship?

liquidthunder
x3

Post by liquidthunder » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 17:21

yes, but when i went to the boron trading station to buy a new one as i thought it had been destroyed, it appeared as a ware with 9000 units in stock , the old one was still installed on the ship.

collins50
x3

Post by collins50 » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 16:41

:)
Ilike the ideal.
wil it work with transporting goods from one ship to another?
or is there a way to get the transporter to do the transfer of goods,

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 16:54

For whatever reason, I can't get the hotkey to work. :|

It's in the control settings, set, hit the button in game with a conatiner targetted, nothing.

Any clues?

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 00:09

Hotkey does not work for me either.
It works fine through the control console though.

Andrexea
x3

Broken links?

Post by Andrexea » Wed, 31. May 06, 04:49

I just tried to download this script but both the zip and spk links do not work. :(
Dont flame me because im right, I'm female. ;) You can argue all you want but in the end ill still be right and you'll be sleeping on the couch.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”