[SCRIPT] Afterburner MK1/MK2 V1.32 : Updated 17/07/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this script

Excellant
48%
Good
30%
OK
15%
Not so Good
6%
Terrible
No votes

Total votes: 33

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 22:08

Great thanks. Now getting all your other scripts, as well as some others. :)

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 22:37

Links are down again :(
Don't make me slap Ye!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 17:57

back up again :)

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:30

I just found a minor bug (a helpful one i might add :D ). If you have your afterburner going and then dock it sets your ships max speed to what ever you where going at the time. My Nova Raider now goes 494 m/s :D. It might not always happen, this is the only time I have tried that. Like I said I was flying a Nova Raider and used my docking computer to insta dock on my Split Elephant. I then jumped to a new sector to buy some new weapons and when I undocked my Nova was still going 494 m/s so I hit seta and figured it would ware off, but it didn't so I checked my inventory and I still had all 40 e-cells, docked at a station bought my goods and went back to my elephant and still 494 m/s. Needless to say I don't really want it to ware off :D , but I have it saved so I'll try to turn the AB back on and see if that fixes it, but it is something you may want to look into in your next update (if you are planning one). Also another thing I noticed is if you hold a key like strafe drive or roll on the keyboard you can use youboost extension to quickly get to top AB speed. This is due to the fact that as long as you hold one of those keys you are fighting the autopilot for control and during that time the boost works :D Not sure if you can fix that but it's fine if you know how to use it :twisted:
Don't make me slap Ye!

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Wed, 4. Jan 06, 23:41

Ok I tried to reactivate the AB, and my Nova now goes an amazing 740 m/s :shock: :) :D . So for those of you who are not above a little game exploitation for an advantage; here is your chance :twisted: Not sure if this makes any difference, but before this My Nova Raider was overtuned twice to get its top speed to 203 m/s which was very nice alone next I'm gonna see if I can max this puppy to 740 m/s using the same trick :D PLEASE REMEBER THIS IS IMMORAL AND NOT SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE DONE UNLESS YOUR A CHEAT!
Don't make me slap Ye!

Tritous
x3tc

hmmm

Post by Tritous » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 02:59

a few comments....the permanant boost thing...hehehe lol.

there should be a clause that stops you from being able to use the wrong version with the wrong ship. if you have both on your ship and try to activate it it messes up.

also, I think the effect should be able to last longer. perhaps have a limit for useage with spaceflies, but if I have more spaceflies and ecells, why should it shutdown on me?

otherwise, coupled with the overtune script, this has the power to tactfully turn battles
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 08:13

I've recently started to use a slow Teladi Falcon Sentinel, and the AB is very useful in it. However, when I engage it the ship steers to the right when it accelerates. After reaching max speed it stops steering, and I can control it.

Also tried on my Pirate Nova Raider, and I have the same thing there. Anyone else have this?

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 15:58

X-it wrote:I've recently started to use a slow Teladi Falcon Sentinel, and the AB is very useful in it. However, when I engage it the ship steers to the right when it accelerates. After reaching max speed it stops steering, and I can control it.

Also tried on my Pirate Nova Raider, and I have the same thing there. Anyone else have this?
Yes that is perfectly normal and it is all explained in the readme for the script, but there is a work around I found if you hold a strafe drive key and the boost extension key at the same time you can boost yourself quickly to max speed and avoid the autopilot kicking in on you. However if you ever decelerate while the AB is going autopilot kicks back in again to boost your spped back up :(
Don't make me slap Ye!

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 16:50

Thanks, I thought I had read about it somewhere, and forgot to check the readme again and went through this entire thread instead without finding it... :roll:

Anyway, strangely enough during my last game session it worked normal, meaning it didn't go to the right, but straight forward. :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Jan 06, 20:38

well, i thought i actaully made it work so it would remove if you docked, i guess i musta missed something somewhere

when it accelerates, the autopilot kicks in, this is unfortuatly the only way i could get it to work as the script engine is limited

it can mess up sometimes, as the autopilot isn't 100% :P
especially if u enabled it close to another object

Crush
x3tc

Post by Crush » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:46

the script package download link doesn't work. :roll:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 21:51

Typo in the filename, its working now

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update V1.20

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 14:53

V1.20
* Added shield usage to afterburner when no energy
* Fixed distance to station, so wont activate if too close

will now divert shield power when theres no more energy cells available to use

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 9. Feb 06, 15:04

X-it wrote:I've recently started to use a slow Teladi Falcon Sentinel, and the AB is very useful in it. However, when I engage it the ship steers to the right when it accelerates. After reaching max speed it stops steering, and I can control it.

Torque steer. :lol:

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 19:17

fud wrote:

Torque steer. :lol:
LOL yes, thanks! :D Another flight simmer, or real pilot perhaps? Anyway the ships in X3 might as well have propellers since they behave kind of like aircraft anyway.

That would be an interesting twist. A space sim game using ships with props - or even rotors. Since they're all mostly unrealistic anyway (the games), why not? :P Would be comforting to hear the sound of a trusty combustion engine in the cockpit instead of the... uhm.. nothingness we hear now. :wink:

Tritous
x3tc

lol

Post by Tritous » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:42

remember the fabulous rotating rear end on the old boron cap ships...can't get sweeter than that
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

paladin3333
x3

Post by paladin3333 » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 02:34

it's not possible to have a script with all race dock who sell afterburner? i think it's stupid that is a only split technologie.

Can you make a script of mk3 afterburner who need a time of reload without energy?

it's possible to make a script for an engine upgrad speed of 10,20,30,40,50% ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 03:19

the mk1/mk2 afterburners dont need energy cells to run, they can use ur shields energy instead.

what do u mean about engine speed, u mean like the engine tunings ?

paladin3333
x3

Post by paladin3333 » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 09:17

i would like to buy a set who can upgrd original speed of my ship.

my buster have a max speed of 175 & i would like a set who increase the speed.For exemple MK1 increase speed by 15%, mk2 -> 30% & mk3 -> 45%

I have rather to see my ship flying as a turtle! lol

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Mar 06, 16:00

the afterburner gives you alot of extra speed but is temporary, if you want to increase your speed permantly, you want to use the overtune script instead

that will increase ur ships max speed

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”