[MOD] BlackRain Rebalance Release update for X3 v1.3 12.25.2005

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of this Mod?

The Rebalance was done well
49%
Not bad but could use some balancing
28%
Would rather just have more pirate activity
2%
Dont care for the new speeds of ships
7%
Everything about it sucks
14%

Total votes: 43

tetves
x3

Post by tetves » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 16:01

hi

if i read correctly i dont have to start a new game with your mod?

Becouse there is a less roid mod out there, but if u have 1.3 save game it won't work(and i don't want to start over)....does your less roid mod works with 1.3 savegame?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 17:18

You do not have to start a new game with this mod, but any ships that are already in the universe will have the old values! New ships that spawn or that you buy will have the new changes. If you were to start a new game, all ships in the universe would have the new changes, understand? The Less roid mod does not work with a 1.3 save game. The only way you could use the Less roid mod is if you had a 1.2.01 save game, used the mod loaded up the 1.2.01 save game then saved your game to make it 1.3. Otherwise you have to start a new game for the less roids mod to work.

L_B_P
x4

Post by L_B_P » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 18:08

Even I don't use this mod it's proberlly as good as the less enemies/lessroids, that just gave me a bit more time to do other things on my owne hand.

Good balance of enermies, especiel then you get a nice fleet of M6, so the univers get pretty safe for UT and still plenty of pirates to kill.

Keep up the good work :wink:
For my owne record join 04 Nov 2005

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 15:41

Hi Blackrain... I'm triying to combine your mod with other like no civilians.capital rebalance,better spoken text, comunity patch and enhanced bbs. First I try renaming them and put them directly in the folder of X3. Second, try with the mod manager and does't work either. Third I'm not a programer or anything near that. (sorry), but I just love your mod and want to combine with others. So, the question is if there is an easy way, tha I could handle, to combined those mod? If so, can you explain how for an ignorant gamer like me? :oops:

Thanks to you and for all the people that make mods and scipt for make a good game even better. :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 16:57

Hey Puruco, do you have doubleshadows mod manager? All you really have to do is take each individual file from all of the mods and put it into one mod. The enhanced BBS is a script though, not a mod so you can use that just fine. I am not sure if it would be easy to combine the community patch because i think that makes a lot of changes to the Tships file which is what I changed. It is possible but would take some time to do. The same thing goes for the Capital Rebalance, but in my mod I did my own little capital rebalance which I think is pretty good. You can combine the no civilians and mine easy enough though. Is the better spoken text a mod or script? If the better spoken text is a script then you also wont need to combine that.

To combine mods, just make a new mod and put the files you want into it, in the right folders, it is a little hard to explain if you don't have an idea on how to do it. Just let me know if you can't figure it out.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 17:02

actaully i think both the enhance BBS and better spoken speach r both mods

the enhance BBS removes the generic news articles from the BBS by removing it from the game files, which is done via a mod

the better spoken speach mods the sound files rather than doing it via scripts

i've not used either of them but i think thats how they work

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 17:58

Ah I see, okay, I have not used either so I was not sure, you should easily be able to combine them though since they do not use the same files.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 19:03

Thanks Blackrain and Cycrow for your super fast responce. I try dobleshadow mod manager yesterday nigth but when I try to extract the catalogs nothing happend. I know it was me. I read the tutorial from X2 and X3 sticky but it was chinees for me. Sorry but as I said I don.t know anithing about programing. Anyway I will try again today after work.

PD: It was sooooo easy to make changes in Rome Total War maybe because it is a language tha I can understand. But this is part of the process of learnig, breaking the head. :D

Thanks guys....... :wink:

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 13. Jan 06, 20:33

Blackrain/Cycrow: By the way how I put each file from the mods in one mod in the mod manager? Do I have to drag the cat/dat files to the mod manager?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 04:22

Well I use a different program called X2 archiver, although I forgot where I downloaded it, and all I have to do is drag and drop files. I have used the mod manager too but I would have to look at it again to remind myself how I did it, I remember it being simple though.

Wha'ack Kha'ak
x3tc

Post by Wha'ack Kha'ak » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 13:36

Would like to see the cockpits in and also have the M5's go faster. Especially the Split Jaquar. Needed to do the document and inspection runs. I would like the Split Dragon to have more guns in turrets and more turrets like the M6 mod. Seems that these two won't work together.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 17:30

I think the split jaguar goes like 600kms, isnt that fast enough? hehe, if you want it to go faster that is easy to change. I could add more turrets to the M6's as well I suppose.

Wha'ack Kha'ak
x3tc

Post by Wha'ack Kha'ak » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:50

No not fast enough..... I couldn't make it to the station in the 6 mazuras time limit..... in X2 my hmmmmm what was it went 1016 kms.... that would be nice for the Jaquar :lol:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 02:26

hehe yeah but that was an overtuned one, get the overtune script and you will be able to increase the speed of your personal ship.

Wha'ack Kha'ak
x3tc

Post by Wha'ack Kha'ak » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 13:17

It was the Paranid Pegasus at 1009... Had to look it up .. you know at 60 you forget these things

Wha'ack Kha'ak
x3tc

Post by Wha'ack Kha'ak » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 13:44

I really like your mod and am using it all the time, however when I add another like Cockpit callback by Galaxy 613, or M6 upgrade by Ryuujin, yours dosn't work. They work together but yours Blackrain rebalance then dosn't.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 17:18

They dont work togethor like that because the cockpick callback and m6 upgrade mod changes the tships file, you could combine them but you would have to know how to make mods and be able to modify the right files and then put them togethor into a mod.

Seven05
x3

Post by Seven05 » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 09:00

Well you've just made one fighter jock very happy, I can almost get rid of that annoying SETA now :)

The ships speeds feel great, I haven't had a chance to get into anything bigger than an M3 yet but I normally leave those for the autopilot to fly anyway. Combat feels more interesting now with more emphasis on maneuvers.

Some initial observations, don't feel the need to react to these as I've only had about 2 hours to play around so far.

1) I feel invulnerable in my Jaguar, with four PACs and the new ship speed. Without your mod installed I can normally deal with any reasonable encounter with fighter groups in the same ship without much fear. With your mod installed I use hostile capships as "cover" while dogfighting, I don't think they've (the capships that is) hit me yet with their FAA or anything else they've thrown my way. I can also all but ignore incoming missiles, I turn, flip and roll so much in combat that the missiles never hit me even without any real effort in dodging them.

2) The AI doesn't seem to be adversely affected as I read in other posts with your earlier versions. I haven't seen any ships crashing into stuff any more frequently than they do with a stock 1.3 game.

3) Are laser towers supposed to hit anything? If I fly anything smaller than an M3 they can never hit me, in a fast M3 like the Mamba I may take one or two hits while destroying 3-5 laser towers.

4) Dogfights within the superstructure of large stations is insanely fun now.

Overall I am really enjoying the changes to the feel of combat. I may go in and modify my own weapons so they have faster projectiles but then again I may not. I see you had weapon changes in before but removed them, since I didn't get a chance to try any of the older versions I'm curious as to how different combat felt with faster projectiles. Anyway, thanks for the speed changes and feel free to increase pirate activity again, they're still to few and far between for me in 1.3, but then I'm a bit crazy when it comes to fighting and am quite happy to ignore the whole trade and think part :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 17. Jan 06, 23:54

Well the original version was prior to the 1.3 patch and was completely different then this, so there were different responses then. There are some changes I have been thinking of making, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

1) I may go in and test the speed of weapons, also I may make them less powerful so that there will be faster, more firepower with less dmg being taken, but a greater chance of being hit. I did increase the speed of the missiles, but I may not have increased them enough, I fly in a m3 nova raider and I occasionally get hit by missiles. Of course if you have a good back turret, they usually can shoot the missiles down.

2) The only problem that the increased speeds adds is that the AI might have trouble picking up cargo because the AI doesn't seem to slow down enough.

3) I don't remember if I had increased the speed of laser tower fire, that is something I will look into and I may change.

I will take a look at it and I will probably make some changes, since I have been working on this myself it can be difficult to test everything.

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 13:52

1) I may go in and test the speed of weapons, also I may make them less powerful so that there will be faster, more firepower with less dmg being taken, but a greater chance of being hit. I did increase the speed of the missiles, but I may not have increased them enough, I fly in a m3 nova raider and I occasionally get hit by missiles. Of course if you have a good back turret, they usually can shoot the missiles down.
Hey there BRain man.
I agree that the speeds of the laser fire needs to be increased a bit (esp in cases like the HEPTS, yeah they are powerful but whatdya expect from a Heavy Damage Laser type). But I dont know if I totally agree on weakening the lasers. If you were to weaken the HEPTS, then you weaken the PACS to keep the proportion between the types correct, then that would also mean to weaken the IRE's which are at present useless anyways except for shooting spacesuits - make them any weaker and they might as well be not in the game at all.
I think some balancing needs to be done to make the IRE's somewhat more useful, as even if I take a M5 out and pick a fight with another M5 it takes too long to shoot each other down due to the lack of power these weapons have even on scout ships - and it should be a case that the standard IRE for M5 should be enough to knock each other out quickly enough to emphasise the fact they are only M5s (if you see where Im going with this) Ive seen a Pirate M4 fly around and around for ages taking pounding from Argon patrol M5's IRE's and not even have its shields down to 50%, and in my opinion if 3 M5's with IRE's take on a pirate M4 they should stand an equal chance of kicking ass (but at the mo they are just tickling the bigger ships)
Make the weapons slightly (not loads) more powerful with a good balance across the board, thus allowing the IRE and M5's that carry them, have a good chance for once - and also it will make even the best fighter pilots out there think twice about taking on a Pirate Raider party on their own with no wingmen!!!

Also as a side thought - is there a way to reduce the AutoAim (Combat upgrade 2) so that You and the AI\computer controlled ships have to get your aim over the leading aim for a bit longer before the aim starts to flash indicating a target lock - basically Im saying I think it should be longer before any ship gets target lock. Doubt there is a way to do this but thought I would throw it in for thought & discussion.

AS for #2 - Totally agree, after a battle with over 10 pirates last night I had a lot of missiles to pick up - yay lots of money I thought, so stuck it on Special command, collect wares etc and went to get a drink, when I got back it had only picked up one Mosquito and had failed to pick up the various Tempest, Hurricane etc and they had been scooped by various AI ships, and my ship was flying around again and agina trying to pick up the last missile and not being very successful at it either :roll: [/quote]
Also Ive had a fair few more ships and capships crashing and dont know if it is down to your increased speeds or just maybe the 1.3 or something else?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”