[AL Plugin] TerraCorp v2.3 (UPDATED 20/02/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 07:29

It's possible as I did not add pilot names in the ship creation script.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 11:08

yeah pilot names dont get assign when you dotn use one of the main races, Argon, Teladi, Boron, Split, Paranid and Pirates

the rest will assign Unknown object as thep ilot, so you will ha ve to assign them urself

DJ | Wolf
x3tc

Post by DJ | Wolf » Mon, 6. Feb 06, 14:41

The main TerraCorp HQ (Which was in X2 and is still in X3) is in Home of Light, run by Elena Kho (sp?) if my memory serves me correctly. So there are bound to be audio messages to that effect.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 07:30

There is a new update available - please update.

I've discovered a bug (in the scripting engine) that might cause problems. In X2 when you placed a station, the SE checked to see if that position was safe, so that you can't place 2 objects in the same location.

The SE in X3 does not do that check, so it is possible to place 2 stations in the same location.

I've added a check in the scrits to make sure that there is no station or astroid in the proposed location of the new stations.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 12:30

I had a problem in my game where a Royal Boron Traders Bofu Fact in kingdoms end had ordered litterally hundreds of freighters (welll, atleast 50+). So it continuously had this swarm of ships around it trying to dock. I installed LV's cheat scripts and started using the destroy command to remove afew (all the ships werent helping the frame rate and the factory had become pointless as you couldnt even dock at it) but then as soon as i started destroying them the shipyard there started spewing out more ships for the station! In the end i had to destroy the station to resolve the problem.

You might want to look at that though. How does the script maintain the ships for the stations, there must be a loophole somewhere allowing a station to order ALOT of ships?

AL

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 12:53

This is strange - the script should only create one ship for each ware eg for a SPP there should only be 2 ships one for buying crystals and one for selling energy cells.

There is however something strange I also saw, so far it only happens to the Boron owned stations - for some reason the game creates it's own ships for the new stations - I did not script this in.

Can you give me some details:

1) what type of stations was it?

2) look at the names of the extra ships - the ones the script creates are named : "Royal Boron Traders Transporter". the ones the game creates is called "Boron Dolphin". Can you remember the names of the extra ships?

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 13:21

Good spot. That explains alot actually. As i looked at your ...ship.maintain script (or whatever its called) and there looked to be a huge gap before any new ships should have been created yet they were being built almost as fast as i could destroy them. They were a range of ships called Boron Dolphin, Boron Dolphin Superfreighter, etc. coming straight out of the shipyard in a long line towards the station. Would all the ships created by your script DEFINATELY be called "Royal Boron Traders Transporter"? As these (50) ships were ALL listed under the stations owned ships list...

(It was a Royal Boron Traders BoFu Chemical Lab in Kingdoms End btw.)

You sure your script hasnt called something somewhere during the factory building process to get the game to maintain these? If its the game automatically creating these ships then is there a way to get rid of a factories owned ships (dunno how possible that is...) Or I'd reccomend putting an exception in the building script so that boron traders stations arent built in the same sector as a shipyard, as the one in kingdoms end is the only station that i've seen this problem with. Possibly too close to a shipyard or something???....

AL

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 14:02

Would all the ships created by your script DEFINATELY be called "Royal Boron Traders Transporter"?
Yes - they have to be (unless the SE skips the line in the script that names the ships)
You sure your script hasnt called something somewhere during the factory building process to get the game to maintain these?
Not as far as I know - like I've said it seems to happen only with the Boron stations, and the script that creates the stations, is common. So if it is the case, it should happen to all the other stations as well - which it's not.

Or I'd reccomend putting an exception in the building script so that boron traders stations arent built in the same sector as a shipyard
I've seen it create a ship for a boron station that is no way near a shipyard, although it only created one ship.

I will investigate futher and see if I can find the problem.

What is also strange is that in X3 the NPC stations does not own ships any more, so why would the game create ships for a station?

Skiddings
x3

Post by Skiddings » Wed, 15. Feb 06, 19:39

I don't know if it was this script or anougher (I downloaded and installed a bunch at the same time), or it could be this script with anougher conflicting, but for some reason I'm getting loads of mamoths be spawned, and all the names messed up. A quick scan shows that some are carrying stations, but they never deliver them.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 07:34

Skiddings wrote:I don't know if it was this script or anougher (I downloaded and installed a bunch at the same time), or it could be this script with anougher conflicting, but for some reason I'm getting loads of mamoths be spawned, and all the names messed up. A quick scan shows that some are carrying stations, but they never deliver them.
No this script does not spawn any mamoths.

On a different note, I've found the problem with the game creating all the extra ships.

This AL plugin consist of 2 parts, one part creates stations owned by terracorp and the other creates stations owned by the 5 races. The problem is only with the part that creates stations owned by the 5 races (Argon, Boron, paranid, Teladi and Split).

I was wrong in thinking that the problem only exist for Boron stations, the same thing happens for all the Race owned stations.

The Problem:
Some stations have much more ships allocated to them than they need sometimes 50+. The script only creates one ship for each ware in the station. There is a script that maintains the ships, eg if it gets destoyed, this script will replace it. What I did not know / realized (this may be since v1.3) is that for a NPC ship, owned by one of the races and a homebase set, if it gets destoyed, the game will replace it and send the new ship to that station (exactly what I wanted to do in the maintain script).

So what happens now, is that the game creates a new ship, and the maintain script creats a new ship.

So you might say - why not leave the maintain script out. The problem with that is the new ship that is created is send to the station, but does not have any commands, so it does not do anything.

The Solution:
I'm working on it :lol:

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Thu, 16. Feb 06, 16:11

If theres a command to get a facrory's owned ships as an array or somehing then it shouldnt be too hard. Though its not something i've come across in SE. Though there is def one for docked ships.

AL

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 07:27

There is a command for that, but I can't for the life of me get it to work.

I did find a solution and is busy changing the script - it just takes a long time as I have to change everything.

al_main
x3

Post by al_main » Fri, 17. Feb 06, 12:40

Glad to here you've found a solution.

Keep up the good work!

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 21. Feb 06, 07:27

New version is up

Please see the first post for important info on how to install v2.3

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 31. May 06, 02:11

Just loaded this plugin up over the weekend...and it's good so far. Don't know how effectively it will develop into tangible economic competition further into this campaign. But the concept is totally sound, as the economic side of the game is still essentially competion-free and thus too easy. And too easy=boring.

What have other folks found to develop 2 weeks in? One month in? Do the plugin-generated Corporations still function intelligently?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 31. May 06, 07:56

Can you make a Cycrow script package? Id like to try this one :)

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 31. May 06, 22:00

The original 2 TCCP scripts by Myros are currently available in .spk format. But Jensemann's updated version isn't yet. To my knowledge. Yup', .spk is definitely the way to go with scripts..

Morai
x3tc

Post by Morai » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 04:49

Problem....This mod doesnt seem to be working for me. I've spent much SETA time in game trading and fighting and I have yet to notice any new merchants. Does this mod work well with other mods? I have mainly Cycrow's Mods so I am curious. It is on in the AL menu in the options, so Maybe it is working? hmm any help is appreciated :) The idea of this script really intrigues me.

shinobu
x3tc

Post by shinobu » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:35

I agree with Morai- this is a very intriging idea, but I don't see a lot of discussion regarding this script- the last post before Morai's was over two months ago.

Would anyone like to comment on how well this script works or doesn't? (post or PM) I'd love to hear from some people who have been using it...

Y Ddraig Goch

Post by Y Ddraig Goch » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 19:49

I'm a complete noob to x3 but I'm beginning to look at scripts. I just have a couple questions before I try this out...

1: No one seems to have posted here in the last few months, are there any issues with this and the newest versions of the game?

2: In the game I'm playing now there are stations that never produce because they never get enough of their required resources (i'm not bit enough to make up for it yet), is that something that the vanilla game eventually fixes or will this fill in the gaps?

3: Will AI ships other than the ones created with the new station dock there? For example, if this script creates a new station that requires energy cells, will normal AI ships that existed before the station was created make stops there?

I've always wanted to play a game that was a true "living" universe, ever since the days of elite and privateer, so I'm always looking out for scripts that enhance that end of this game. This one looks great, can't wait to try it out.
"Ships? I don't build ships. I build guns and put engines on them."

Don't steal Jobu's Rum

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”