[AL Plugin] TerraCorp v2.3 (UPDATED 20/02/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 11:27

well, the advantage of them building stations, is that now you really have to find ways to take out the competition instead of just plugging holes in the economy ;)

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 11:44

That is where your Mercenaies Guild script comes in :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 11:56

indeed :P

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 13:35

Oh, I'd love to take out the competition... But think of the rep, man! Think of the poor rep! Hehe.

Problem is, I don't like to limit my choices in a game like this... So even though I may never buy a single Boron ship, I don't want to ruin my rep with them, in case I ever DO want to buy stuff from them...

I am, however, planning a massive war on the money-grubbing Teladi, sometime in the far future... ;)

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 13:41

well, thats the idea of the Merc Guild script, you can hire mercs to take out the stations for you without losing your rep ;)

londonloonie
x3ap

Post by londonloonie » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 09:21

Hi

This looks like an interesting script, thanks for the work involved in creating it, and I will definitely install it later, so far i've only inspected it...

I did notice two things though:

1. when the script scans for a sector to populate and it finds a non existant sector, it misses the opportunity to plant a station, perhaps it should do as the enemy sectors, and try again.

2. the pirates would appear to be able to create a dream farm, bliss place, space fuel factory, but not a wheat farm, maybe this should be an option.

Cheers

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 14:27

Dunno how often a new fab is made but I've an idea.

Why not have about 12 random race names so that the universe seems to have several companies for each race not just government led expansion.

Would it be hard to modify the script to randomly select a company name from your list?
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 09:45

londonloonie wrote:Hi

This looks like an interesting script, thanks for the work involved in creating it, and I will definitely install it later, so far i've only inspected it...

I did notice two things though:

1. when the script scans for a sector to populate and it finds a non existant sector, it misses the opportunity to plant a station, perhaps it should do as the enemy sectors, and try again.

2. the pirates would appear to be able to create a dream farm, bliss place, space fuel factory, but not a wheat farm, maybe this should be an option.

Cheers
1) yes I know, this was intentional - the orignal idea was that it would not create more than 1 station per game day - I don't want to kill the player's ability to build stations.

2) It's not difficult to add - will add in next update

Would it be hard to modify the script to randomly select a company name from your list?
No it should be easy - the difficult part is comming up with new names :D

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 23:15

I can come up with some if you want.

I could look through the random pilot names and try to find fitting examples.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 03:27

I've noticed a fab called Null Soyery.

Is that one of your AI fabs with a name gone wrong?

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 07:41

Most likely - I did found that error once, but could not reproduce it, so I thought there was no problem - I will look into it.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 08:03

@DemaeRamen

Could you dock at the station in question, and listen to the station greeting announcement.

Is is one of the standard race greetings or "Welcome to this TerraCorp station"

If I know that it could narrow down the problem, as I don't see a problem with the code.

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Tue, 13. Dec 05, 17:05

The "TerraCorp"-script has build two XL Solar Power Plants and they don't work. They are full of crystal and each has two freighters docked, but they do not start to work.

I play with the german 1.2.01 version.

generalkorrd
x3

Does it work?

Post by generalkorrd » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 03:40

I just downloaded the TC plugin, I extracted it to the x3/scripts folder like directions said. when I start my savegame, it doesn't show that a plugin is running. Do I need to enable the script editor? Thanks for the help

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 07:24

[Sentinel] wrote:The "TerraCorp"-script has build two XL Solar Power Plants and they don't work. They are full of crystal and each has two freighters docked, but they do not start to work.

I play with the german 1.2.01 version.
Stange - there should not be a difference, as the onlything that changes is the text file. I will look into it.
I just downloaded the TC plugin, I extracted it to the x3/scripts folder like directions said. when I start my savegame, it doesn't show that a plugin is running. Do I need to enable the script editor? Thanks for the help
Yes you need to enable the script editor, save the game, quit and reload.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 01:30

Sorry. I've been afk for a few days.

Bah! Now I have to find that fab again.

I'll let you know.

Edit: @Deltawolf

The null fab turned out to be teladi in Blue Profit. The welcome message is about Ceo.

Hope that helps...

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 02:37

I have beside one not working TerraCorp SPP an hostile null Wheat Farm whith two null Freighters docked, but this one is working, many NPC ships buying and selling there. They are in Split Fire. The other (striking) SPP is a Boron one in Queens Space (both XL).

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 07:23

DemaeRamen wrote:Sorry. I've been afk for a few days.

Bah! Now I have to find that fab again.

I'll let you know.

Edit: @Deltawolf

The null fab turned out to be teladi in Blue Profit. The welcome message is about Ceo.

Hope that helps...
I've found the mistake I've made :oops: I've made some changes for ver 2.0 and forgot to make some changes - will / is fixed

N.B.
There is however a problem with some of the stations - SPP, Crystal Fabs, Cahoona Bakeries, Bofu Chemical labs - this is the ones I know about.
It seems that creating a non player station is a bit more complex than I thought.
All the stations that only uses energy as resource, works but those that uses more than one resource, might not work (the heavy shield production facility does work)

I will fix this, but it's going to take some time. I will release a new version on Tuesday 20 December 2005.

So in the mean time, you could switch the AL plugin off. I will also try to make fixes for those stations, that does not work, if time permitting.

[Sentinel]
x4

Post by [Sentinel] » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 12:59

Or destroy them in the next update and write a message in the BBS, that terrorists bombs multible stations to protest agains the galaxy wide economy.

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 07:18

I've fixed the problems - see the first post for the update.

If you find a station that is not working, I've included a script to destroy the station, it's called "a.kill.object.xml" - you have to run this script manually:

go to the script editor, select the script, press "r", choose "null", press enter and then choos the station you want to destroy.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”