[AL Plugin] TerraCorp v2.3 (UPDATED 20/02/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hanki84
x3

Post by hanki84 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 14:42

That ain't good if a player wants to defend his or her stations from others mercs.

I assume LV's DMA uses custom races then..?
Would this be hard to do on your mercs script without chancing the whole structure?

I'm no scripter, but I like to ask questions. Maybe some day I too understand 1 0... :roll:

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 15:05

Sweeeetttttttttt..............

I was led to believe from what I read that this kind of thing is supposed to happen in the stock X3 ???...

Its great to actually see evidence now in a form of a script that does now indeed provide competition at a trader level.

This baby has some serious potential....

:thumb_up:
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 15:30

hanki84 wrote:That ain't good if a player wants to defend his or her stations from others mercs.

I assume LV's DMA uses custom races then..?
Would this be hard to do on your mercs script without chancing the whole structure?

I'm no scripter, but I like to ask questions. Maybe some day I too understand 1 0... :roll:
the problem about using custom races, is that theres only 3 available, so if various scripts start using these, u'll be limited which scripts you can have

one way to go about it, would be to make the mercs that attack your stations as pirates or some other race that doesn't require race reps

Artius
x3

Post by Artius » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 15:48

can u plz send it to me on email too. when I download it, the rar file is like corrupt.

thx

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 17:06

not fair, I want to dl but your file provider wont let me :(

gpz1100
x3

Post by gpz1100 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 18:24

Does the AI look for sectors that that have fewer stations or is the placement random. The reason I ask is that some sectors in my game have been almost wiped out by the pirates. It would be cool if the script could recognise thses oppotunities and start placing stations.

hanki84
x3

Post by hanki84 » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 18:40

Yes that would be good, forgot that you can use Pirates and Yakis the same way...

Could they appear neutral first like in bounty script so you (or your patrol ships) wouldn't notice them until they attack the station?

This would add even more life to the game!!! :D

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 20:15

If someone developed a script that looked throughout the universe and gave sectors 'scores' based on nearness of SPPs, racial agriculture, and types of mines, it would be a lot easier to create a 'smart' station AI.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 20:20

it could attempt to fix the local economey, by picking a random sector somewhere, it could check its surrounding sectors and try to find out what resources are needed

if it can find any resources that might be needed, it could then just try to place a hightech fab to create more needed resources

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 21:04

i would specialize corporations myself. IE Terracorp- mining and hightech gear.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 00:12

The download doesn't work. I really really want to play and look at this! :cry:
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 01:36

Galaxy copy the address and past it
that worked for me
:)

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Sat, 3. Dec 05, 09:44

Question: Will the AI use a TL to transport the station there or does it just *poof* appear outa no where with ships stocked and all?

Coril
x3

Post by Coril » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 12:53

The downloaded zip file is corrupt mate - any chance you could repost/rehost it or email a copy to me please?

*EDIT*

Wierd - right-click and save as and you get a corrupt zip - copy and paste the link and it works fine....
Last edited by Coril on Sun, 4. Dec 05, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 12:54

indeed... no matter how often I download this its corrupt.... :shock:
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 07:53

Sorry about the link - don't know what happend, if I put a direct link in, the file you download is corrupt.

I've changed the link - after you've click on the link, click on the file you want to download.
Does the AI look for sectors that that have fewer stations or is the placement random. The reason I ask is that some sectors in my game have been almost wiped out by the pirates. It would be cool if the script could recognise thses oppotunities and start placing stations.
Not at the moment, but I do plan to add some A.I. later.

it could attempt to fix the local economey, by picking a random sector somewhere, it could check its surrounding sectors and try to find out what resources are needed

if it can find any resources that might be needed, it could then just try to place a hightech fab to create more needed resources
That is excatly what I'm planning :D But it's not that simple
Question: Will the AI use a TL to transport the station there or does it just *poof* appear outa no where with ships stocked and all?
At the moment they just appear

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 07:53

A new update is comming soon (ver 2.0) :D

There's been a lot of good suggestions - thanks for that

New features in next release:
1) added some AI to decide what station to build - it will search for holes in the sector economy and build the required station to fill the gap.

2) added 5 more companies - these companies are owned by the 5 default races (Argon, Boron, Split, Paranid, Teladi). There is also a Pirate company.
These companies work on the same priciple as the TerraCorp company. Because the stations build by these companies are owned by the 5 races, you can increase your race rank with them.

3) I also plan to add BBS news articles to inform the player when new stations are build.

I have not tested the new features, it was late and I was tired so there might be some errors. If someone is willing to test the new features, please PM me and I will send you the ver 2.0 beta.

Any more suggestions, please post now :D

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 14:18

I love this idea, DeltaWolf. Can't wait for 2.0...

Anyway, I get the feeling this will actually make things TOUGHER for those of us who like to build fabs all over the Galaxy... If the AI starts exploiting holes in the economy before you get there... well, bye bye profit opportunity. However, it does seem like it would create more opportunities for your UT's so I guess it might even out in the end.

Still, I'm having a good time right now exploiting the holes in the economy. I might not pick this script up until later. Besides, my economy seems to be functioning, at least at this point in the game. We'll see if it grinds to a halt later on...

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 14:31

@ DeltaWolf,

If you want me to do some etsing let me know and I will be happy to test. After all it wouldnt be the first time :D :D

Dunners

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 07:15

Thanks Dunners, but no need anymore :D

The new version is out - see first post for details.

Added features:

some AI to choose the best station for a sector
added 6 more companies (one being Pirates)
added bbs news items to inform player of the new stations (ok I know it's very simplistic, but hey it works :D )

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”