[Plugin] Self Repairing Hull Technology 1.2 23/4/06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 22:32

I am somewhat hesistant to say it as it sounds kind of clunky, but what I was thinking was that you need to 'activate' the HRT tech on a fully-repaired ship so it knows what kind of fixins a ship needs. I imagine it would work out that when you run the Repair command on a ship it checks whether a flag is set. If the flag is set, it repairs as normal. If the flag isn't set, it first checks the hull status of the ship. If its 100%, it sets the flag and repairs as normal. If its not 100%, HRT fails.

This wouldn't apply to repairing ships in hangars, of course.

Toowizard
x3

Post by Toowizard » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:48

I prefer the way it works now -- i don't think LV should change it, but I don't use Cycrow's damaged capital ships script.

If it's a concern for you, just don't use the HRK on the ships you buy from the BBS. If it's a concern for others ... well, they can cheat anyway, and you don't want to make the mistake of alienating people who aren't trying to use it as a "cheat".
Cargo bay open, sheilds are down
Your cargo bay now contains... Slaves.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 18:52

Sandalpocalypse wrote:I am somewhat hesistant to say it as it sounds kind of clunky, but what I was thinking was that you need to 'activate' the HRT tech on a fully-repaired ship so it knows what kind of fixins a ship needs. I imagine it would work out that when you run the Repair command on a ship it checks whether a flag is set. If the flag is set, it repairs as normal. If the flag isn't set, it first checks the hull status of the ship. If its 100%, it sets the flag and repairs as normal. If its not 100%, HRT fails.

This wouldn't apply to repairing ships in hangars, of course.
or maybe just set a flag on the damaged cap ships, that this script can detect and stop the HRT from working, would have to be put in both scripts

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 19:06

Cycrow wrote:
or maybe just set a flag on the damaged cap ships, that this script can detect and stop the HRT from working, would have to be put in both scripts
you can set a gv or lv for the ship and pm it to me, i'll add a check to see if the ship its running on is tagged :)

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 20:06

LV wrote:I get a kit offer about 1/30 stations but as i'm writing offers while i test i'm going from station to station at about 1100 m/s ;)

Threy are there as is the HRT in the boron eq docks. If you really want more offers pm me and i'll help you out ;)
One of each 30 stations? Well personally I think that's a little low. It should be offerered in almost every station - or at least every Boron equipment dock. No point having it otherwise. It's not like a 'bonus' or something, it's equipment you pay for. Shouldn't be necessary to make it secret or something, especially after installing the main software.

Anyway, I've docked in probably hundreds of stations since installing this script, and still no offers. Can you confirm we can get the offers anywhere, or just in Boron stations?

Still never had the need for it, though. If the hull is starting to go down, I usually blow up completely... :P Or too much equipment is destroyed, and I reload. But it would be nice to have the option of repairing captured ships.

Much easier to simply dock at the nearest shipyard to fix the ship rather than spend days searching for those kits... :P

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 08:21

Quick question, bear with me if this has been asked before, I'm sleepy ^_^;;

Will using this script, or the other scripts listed in the community scripts index cause my game to have a 'MODIFIED' tag like the one in X2? :s

And if some of them do and some of them don't, could you point out which ones are 'safe' to use in that respect? :) Thanks ^^

-- Or just point me to where this question has been answered already, if it's already been asked and answered before :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 11:28

The moment you open the SE your game will have the modified tag in your info menu but not on the screen like in x2.

Edit, some diamond geezer pm'ed me with an exploit from one of cycrows script when using hrt

redownload the file to stop this

Code: Select all

$loc = $ship -> get local variable: name='plugin.bbsextra.damagedcap'
cycrow ^^

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 22:37

Well, to be more precise, I wanted to know if you can install and use some of these scripts without needing to activate the script editor?

Bobamuntung
x3

Post by Bobamuntung » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 08:54

HRT = Hull Replacement Therapy imo :lol:

How true -patching the ol battleship up and keeping `er sweet!!

Quetza911
x3

Post by Quetza911 » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 01:37

Very nice scripts, How can edit the script for having more station offer the bbs, I never found it, I buy the Hull repair kit at Boron EQ dock, but never found a trading dock offer the BBS.

thank

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 14:15

same prob here....
I visited many stations (over 40) and not found the kits on the bbs...

1)Must we look only into boron stations or all stations can have the kit offers ??
2)Must you have the HRT installed in your ship to get these bbs offers?

Please change it that they are offered faster or tell us what we must change (if you want :wink: ) in the script soo that offers are not so rare....
X2 STATS:AoA 1th Grade
Proud NOVA,CENTAUR,ZEUS,K,Oddy PILOT

X3 STATS ??
Nova Vanguard,Elephant,centaur,colosseus Owner
Current trading rank : Master Industrialist
Current Combat rank: Warlord
The only hope in my universe

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 14:40

open the script

bbs.SBT.main
021 return 33
change it to anything under 50, higher == spamfest :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

ecniv
x3tc

Post by ecniv » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 15:01

Darkz0r wrote:Thats nice.
with them, so I cant get it up anyway. (And I want docking computers -.-)
Try scanning pirates - I capped a pirate and before I sold its shell of a ship I noticed it had docking comps - so i transferred them. That I had annoy the paranid at the time so badly (well I was picking on their trading ships) helped :) :D

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 15:47

LV wrote:open the script

bbs.SBT.main
021 return 33
change it to anything under 50, higher == spamfest :)

Ehmmmm :oops:

I open the Script editor,go to the lists of scripts but i do not see bbs.sbt.main in ???

Also you didn't answered,must we look only in Boron stations for the kits or can we find them on all the bbs in the X3 universe?

X3 STATS ??

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 17:16

I am having a hell of a time trying to find Kits been to well over 100 Trading stations and not got 1 BBS offer :(

I am no Script editer but will do my best.

1st off, like SirMathew says I do not see bbs.SBT.Main ? Its not there.

Do you think anouth script has taken out the bbs.SBT.main?

I have:

Self Repairing Hull Technology
System Override Software MK2
Satilite Limited Universal Trader
Treasurhunt
upgrade npc ltowers
upgrade lasertowers

Also once I find line 021 you say change the number 33 to anything under 50? Is not 33 under 50? Or am I missing something?

Hope I get this working as I love it so much.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 18:50

LV wrote:Available at Boron Equipment Docks for only 117,000
look again the script is there
someone else wrote: Also once I find line 021 you say change the number 33 to anything under 50? Is not 33 under 50? Or am I missing something?
LV resists the temptation to ridicule that question .....

Ok change the number from 33 to something higher than 33 but below 50, this means you can choose 34,35,36,3,7,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49 :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 20:10

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel free to ridicule me LV. But OK I understand what you mean.

And I sware I could not find it in the scripts but I will have another look.

Now how do I change the number assuming I find the script? I am thinking I choose Numeric and then type in a new value.

Stay safe!

Hansaw
Hansaw sits for the 1st time in his brand new M3. After smilling happily to himself he looks about and becomes frustrated. "I paid enough for this ship, so where's the damn MP3 Player!" he yells

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 20:40

OK back already as I still cannot find bbs.SBT.main.

The only main is al.thunt.main and right under this is bbs.hrt.offer - Station defense BBS missions

Only others I could find that looked like it was for the Hullrepair are

Plugin.hulrep.fix and Setup.hullrepair

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

or maybe I need to download a fresh copy of the Script and try again?

Stay safe!

Hansaw

SirMathew
x3

Post by SirMathew » Sat, 21. Jan 06, 01:36

i have the same things hansaw with you so don't think that something is wrong...

Seems that LV responds only to 1 question at the time
:lol:

Anyway,i finally found some repair kits but i had visited over 60 stations...

anyway... am too tired tonight to check how it works

Have fun...

Edit....
Could not wait so i checked it out....
It does a GREAT JOB!!!

Also i have found a sec.offer for kits (60 kits :D ) after only 4-5 stations...

Anyway,it works very slow on TS ships ,but fast on m5-m4-m3 ships (smallers ships repairs faster),i used only 1 kit on each ship (time is no

prob for me and repairs does not last much) and still i had many messages about damaged kits,on the TS (mercury) i used 4 kits :cry:

A prob that i noticed was that you must manually change the order of the repaired ships from repair ship to none even if you had the message on your personal log that the ship is repaired ...

X3 STATS ??

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Tue, 24. Jan 06, 01:45

Well I am here again I never did find that bbs.SBT.main.

I don't know if its a line within one of the three parts of the Script or a Fourth part that I do not have.

When I download your Script hrt1.1 and unzip it I have the following.

Folder: Script

t 448807
Scripts bbs.hrt.offer, plugin.hulrep.fix, setup.hulrepair

And it is those three that I can see when I open up the script editer.

I have been to well over 150 Trading stations and am getting prity fed up with never being offered any repair kits considering I got 2 repair kits offered me in the space of 4 or 5 Trade stations when I 1st copied the files into the Scripts and t folder.

It was good while it worked. I am begining to believe that another script has some how crupted the kit offers at the stations BBS.

Have also descovered in game of some ReadText 17 - XXXXXX showing up when I look down a supply list when I want to use the fleet resupply software. So I may be having so issues.

Stay safe!

Hansaw

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”