is this script idea possible to make?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

devilofbelfast
xr

is this script idea possible to make?

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 15:17

hi, iv been thinking recently about a cool idea but with absolutly no knowlodge of writing scripts, i dont even know if it'd be possible to do.

the idea is, the script could spawn, say 20 stations at game start, under race 5 or one of the other ones. these stations should ideally be spawned with minimal hull strength and if possible, only a single 125mw shield instead of the full set. when the player finds one of these stations and docks, you could be 'hailed' by a message in your log. the message could read something like ''i am Ancient outpost xxx, i have been severly crippled by millennia of disuse/neglect. in return for helping me, i am equipped with replicator technology and can create any product you wish, using only a power source. what you call energy cells will be sufficient.''

at this stage you would recieve a new message asking you to undock. the stations products could be altered, possibly using the cheat pack's change product script? you'll get a new message saying ''i need to repair my systems before i can restart my replicators. to do this i will need, for example 50 microchips, 500 silicon and 500 ore. the product of the station could be construction equipment. once the player has delivered all the wares requested, the stations replicators come online and the stations product is reset to teladanium and products to energy. the player would have to supply enough energy to fill the station with teladianium. when its full, the player undocks, the station is destroyed or the hull is reset too 100%. the player redocks and the product is changed to 125mw shields with the product being energy. when the player has supplied enough energy to build say 5 shields the station can be destroyed or reset to have a full 625mw of shields. at this point the station becomes your property and your able to create any product on the wares list using only energy as a resourse.

i got the idea from using the cheat pack to spawn stations but to be honest i just thought this could be a more fun way of doing it. making it into a mini mission of sorts with a cool reward. as i said i know nothing about scripting so folks, is this possible to achieve?

and most importantly... would you be willing to put it together and release it to the community. :roll: i just think it could be a really cool add-on to a great game.

let me know what you think folks, thanks
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 19:00

sounds nice
but honestly: I've never seen any script been written, because someone asked for it :roll:

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 19:31

i know what you mean shadow dream, if you wanna do it, do it yourself.

i however have the excuse of being mentally challenged and just dont have the mental capacity to learn such a complex task as scripting. it just isnt possible in my case.

this is why im putting my idea out there, in the hopes someone else will see the potential in it that i do and also have the knowledge and experiance to make it what it could be.

i know whe scripts are already in the cheat pack and i can use them to create the effect i want as individual scripts but its just beyond my abilities to learn to integrate or combine them.

thanks anyway.
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 01:23

This is possible in X3TC, and maybe in X3R and X2.
But, I believe it would require the use of the Mission Director.
At least I believe you would have more flexability that way.

My MD is rusty, and my scripting is nearly nonexistant. But I have dabbled there on occasion, though very little MD or Scripting in X2.
No Promises mind you, but if I get the time I may be willing to help out with this. :)
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 03:23

the first bit sounds pretty much the same as the HUB plot in TC.

the X2 scripting engine is limited, and there is no MD.
but it is all possible, u just have to do it the long way :P

theres no need to destroy the station each time either, u can change all that without having to destroy it.

u could create a station command to be able to switch what product was being made. I did make such a script once for X3R

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 05:24

Yea, forgot about there being no MD in X2.

Scripting it may be a major effort for me.
But, I'm sure I would learn a few things along the way.

Maybe Cycrows script for X3R could be reverse engineered for X2?
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”