X² White Label/Direct2Drive/Mac version users please read

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

X² White Label/Direct2Drive/Mac version users please read

Post by CBJ » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 14:57

If you bought one of the above versions of the game, then it may not have come with a registration code. All publishers were supposed to have provided registration codes with the game, but it appears that some were not aware of this requirement.

Without a registration code. you can download any patches you may need (though you may not need any if your game is already 1.4 on the CD), but you will not be able to download any of the bonus material available to registered users.

We are working with the publishers to resolve this situation, but in the meantime if you urgently need a registration code you will need to request one individually. To do this you need to send a forum PM to The_Abyss or Stormsong and include in it information about which version of the game you have bought and proof of purchase. If you do not urgently need a code then please hold off from sending a PM, as both these people are very busy!

Update: To ease the problems that people in this situation have been having, we have removed the need to register your game to access the bonus material, and the Tech Support and Scripts & Modding forums.
Last edited by CBJ on Sat, 22. Jul 06, 22:59, edited 4 times in total.

Pat728uk

Post by Pat728uk » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 18:33

When might they be made available and what kind of proof of purchase would you need?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 18:58

As it says above, if you need one urgently then this can be arranged. I'm afraid I don't know how long it will take to make more permanent arrangements with the publishers.

For proof of purchase, a receipt or other similar confirmation of purchase is normally what is asked for.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 11:36

Just looked at the title and perhaps it should be altered to include the "registration code" or something similar as there is no indication of what the sticky is about except thats its relevant to people who bought from a certain source.

Just a thought.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 17:36

Or add Graphics Card something something ^^
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 18:41

Why would we add "graphics card"? This has nothing to do with graphics cards. These are all versions that people have bought separately.

Al, I would add more to the title but there isn't much room left. ;)

Reid

Game code = reg. code?

Post by Reid » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 21:58

Jeez, this might sound stupid....

My game registration code that was emailed ( I bought download version) is different than the 'registration code' for this site? I ask cause mine doesn't work for the website, only the game.

I'm really getting into the game so I'd like to get the BHP Script installed, or the Advanced Trading Software Mk1, or whatever it's called.

Am I to understand these registration codes have to be worked out before I can get these scripts?

Thanksmuch,
Reid

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 22:42

Yes, the activation key for the game and the registration code for this site are two different things.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 01:39

CBJ wrote:Why would we add "graphics card"? This has nothing to do with graphics cards. These are all versions that people have bought separately.
That was my first thought but it did dawn on me after a short while. I'll leave you to think about it until tomorrow. Its not that cryptic :D
X2 Capture Guide

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 01:43

I know the reason really. It relates to those who have bought XFX cards. However, most people who get the game with an XFX card will have a code, whereas no-one who has one of the above versions will currently have one unless they've already asked for it individually. This thread is aimed at the particular group of people mentioned in the title. ;)

ap999
x3

Post by ap999 » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 01:05

I purchased my copy via amazon.co.uk on the white label cover-- as there was no cd code or registration code on it I emailed GSP. This is their reply. Just wondering if this is correct & if so when the need for entering registration code to enable downloads etc will be removed?

Thanks Al

Re : X2 The Threat

Thank you for your enquiry regarding X2.

Now, since we were given the rights to this program, we have removed the need for a CD key.

We have also since then spoken to the program and site developers and said this to them.

They are in the process of removing the need for the CD key from the actual site for registration.

Kind regards

James Chivers
Software Support Engineer
Global Software Publishing (GSP) Ltd

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 01:32

Not entirely, no.

Once again, people are confusing the CD key with the registration code. They may have removed the need for a CD key from the installation, but the use of registration codes for this site has nothing to do with that.

However, to ease the problems that people such as yourself have been having, we have indeed removed the need to register your game to access the bonus material, the Tech Support and Scripts & Modding forum.

speedfreek

Post by speedfreek » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 19:37

I have been in contact with GSP over the last few days, trying to get the online registration code from them.. they say YOU are in the process of removing the need for an online registration code from this site. This was their reply, which I received the day before yesterday...

Thank you for your enquiry regarding X2.

Now, since we were given the rights to this program, we have removed the need for a CD key.

We have also since then spoken to the program and site developers and said this to them.

They are in the process of removing the need for the CD key from the actual site for registration.

Please do not update the game using the patches that are listed on their site as it is fully up to date.

Kind regards

James Chivers

I replied that it was access to bonus material, mods and the technical support forum I wanted.. I don't need any patches as the white label version is already patched to version 1.4. I also informed them that the CD key and the online registration code are 2 separate things. Yesterday they replied...

Do you have the names of the Mod that you wish to download?

Kind regards

James Chivers

I replied that I want to evaluate all of the mods and bonus material, BUT the most IMPORTANT thing is the code for full access to the technical support forum. Today I received this reply...

The registration code on the site is being removed as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we cannot do anything more with regards to this. As soon as we know that this part of their site has been amended then I shall notify you.

Failing that if you\'d like me download these mods and send them to you on a CD, then I can do.

Let me know of the names, then I can get that sorted for you.

Kind regards

James Chivers

So have you removed the requirement for us to enter an online registration code in our profile, or are they just stringing me along? Their technical support page for X2 woefully inadequate. The place to enter the code is still on my profile page...
:evil:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 19:48

Try it.......

Its apparently been removed as CBJ has already stated.

Al
X2 Capture Guide

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 22:20

Yeah, if you read the post just before your post you'll have an official answer on it ;)

speedfreek

Post by speedfreek » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 00:01

:oops:

Oops I don't know how I missed that, but I did!

Many thanks for the help :)

ap999
x3

Post by ap999 » Sat, 27. Aug 05, 19:26

Thanks CBJ,

Just getting into X2-- very impressed by graphics artwork etc...

Cheers Al

Balancer

Post by Balancer » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 18:35

i just bought the x2 white label cd from play.com and installed the european 1.4 patch.

Afteri double click on the .exe button it asks for the game key code in disk 2 that offcource is absent. What can i do? reinstall the game without a patch or there is another way to bypass this?

Thanks in advance

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 18:53

You may have installed the patch needlessly. See if you can find out if it came as 1.4 on the CD.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 19:20

The White Label version is indeed 1.4 out of the box.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”