script-Real Pilots Project 0.2 alpha (12-5-04)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kailric
x3

script-Real Pilots Project 0.2 alpha (12-5-04)

Post by Kailric » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 06:29

Hey all, for all of you who have been inquireing about if or when I will continue working on the RPP it is my hope to start it again sometime after X3 is released as features in that version will make it easier to complete the project.

Hope to see you then!!

Real Pilots Project v 0.2 alpha

Real Pilots Project Online Readme v 0.1 alpha

The first update of the Real Pilots Project is ready for download. This release is still purly for testing purposes only and no one should download with the thought of starting a fresh new game and continueing for a long time as things will change. Any ideas you may have to futher this let me know.
Note to users of the Xai Advanced AI:
Warning!! this is not compatible with the Xai Advanced AI project and will overwrite files that the Xai AI would need to function correctly. I would advise you to make a copy of your existing /scripts folder and your /t folder before installing the "Real Pilots Project". Or you can copy the whole X2:The Threat game folder and thus make a seperate game to use for testings. In a future update I will have somekind of means that you can transfer the levels gained in your Xai AI ships to the ships of "real pilots".
New things and bug fixes

Update readme V 0.2

Note if you are loading a game from v. 0.1 you will need to do the following so the changes will take proper effect:
-First before you install the new scripts load your saved game..now start the script editor. Scroll down the list and highlight: Global Scripts Task and press enter. Look for the script named TK.acad.company.report, highlight it and hit delete key and then select yes. Now you need to make sure only one ship has the Company Command Systems Extension Installed. Find that ship and eject the CCSE into space and then pick it up again into your cargo bay...this will reset the system. And finally you need to go to the script editor again, highlight Script Editor and press enter. Now scroll down the list of scripts until you find the one listed as TK.acad.company.report highlight it and then press "r" and the hit enter 3 times to get through all the options windows and then you are set.

These changes over rule the Instructions...

New things and bug fixes:

-The commands Report Status and Pilot cmd... have been removed from the game. They are now replaced with one command "Tactics Command" and it is found in the extra command slot on the ship. If a ship has a pilot aboard this command will work as before but will not stop what the ship is currently doing. You can just press enter when asked for the Command Code and you will recieve a report as before. On ships with no pilot this will simple return a report as before and there will be no option to enter a Command Code.

-The Sector Report now has a new input, Enter Command Code. As of now there is only one command and that is available and that is 1.list pilots (LP). This Command Code will return full detailed reports from ships with pilots aboard. One report will be recieved every 3 seconds up to a maximum of 20 reports.

-The Command Hire/Reassign will be greyed out if the ship is not a TP class and it already has a pilot aboard.

-The Command Tactics Command requires you to have Fight Commands Mk1 installed on the ship.

-TP class ships no longer require you to have Cargo Life Support installed in order to transport multiple pilots

- Pilots now have a chance to die before they can eject. The chance to eject safely is based on several factors including: reflexes, if in favoured ship, level, and a touch of fate. You can give your pilots a 15% bonus to eject safely if you have a Cargo Life Support System ..these systems now monitor ship intergity and will warn the pilot when hull breach is assured. If you are in sector when your pilot dies, you may here his death cry. Ships carrying pilots will loose all its pilots. This will be changed in a future update.

- some new Pilot messages have been added and others changed

- a bug in the transfer system has been found and hopefully delt with

-Changes in transfer: Now when you want to transfer the Pilot of one ship into the passenger bay of another you have to select any number greater than 0. This will tell the ship that you want to place the pilot in the first available seat in the passenger bay. If you enter 0 the pilots will be swapped or the pilot will enter the cockpit of the target ship. The commanded ship and the target ship can be the same. This will allow you to transfer pilot in and out of the cockpit to the passenger bay. I will add a command later that will give you a detailed list of pilots aboard a ship.

- The Global Gun Command has been removed form the game. It is now an individual command issued from the Tactics Command menu. The command code is 2.gun command(GC). Note: You can enter only one value of the command code that is either 2, or gun command, or GC. This is off by default. This command will be on if out of sector as friendly fire is not taken into effect. Note low level pilots with low reflex and prowess will not use this skill effectively as a better pilot.

- Rookies are now called Cadets

- When you ask your pilot to send you a report it will no longer send you an "incomeimg message" but as soon as you command the ship to do so it will send the report to your ship log, the pilot will communicate with you and then you will here "Message Recieved".

Things in future to add:
- the ability to hire more than on pilot at a time from a single ship
- a morale system
- more pilot and command Command Codes
- recorded deaths of pilots aboard stations
- racial bonuses for pilots
- the ability for Player Ship to hire pilots
- combat system tweaked for better performance and gameplay
- much more

End of report

Examples of the whole idea:

List available pilots: This command contacts the trade station in the sector, and if friendly, returns to the player a log of 3 to 6 available pilots. These pilots can stay up for hire for 1 to 3 days before the roster changes. You get a short discription of the pilot, his/her skills and his/her ID code.

Hire available pilot: This command allows you to choose one of your "empty" ships, then choose the trading station to land at, and then type in the pilots id code. The pilot is then saved until the ship lands and the pilot gets aboard, or the command is stopped.

Then you would have some of the usual features... The report commands, pilot transfer, pilot ejection and pickup, the laser swap command, ect...

Some of the new skills, attributes and abilitys will be:

Attributes of pilots:description (???=still in debate)
Home Sector: ???
Favored Ship: bonus to reflexes, bonus to xp gained while in this ship
Reflexes: Keen, Normal, Sluggish : determines how fast the pilot reacts
Courage: Fearless, Average,Fainthearted: will the pilot try to evade, or instead try to kill its target when faced overwhelming odds
Loyalty: determines how strict the pilot will obey your oders
Moral: effects several of the above abilitys ..that is...high moral means: keener reflexes, more courage..ect...low moral means: flee in the face of danger, and other crazy stuff

Education:
Civilian: starts at level 1
Space Academy Graduate: Starts at level 3

Aquired skills: (graduates have creater chance to recieve these....)
Note: these skills are in "theory" and may not be able to be implemented
Mechanical Engineer: through routine matinace favored ship will have slight increase to speed
Weapons Engineer: if weapons are damaged there is a chance they can be repaired in flight
Shielding Engineer: same as with weapons
Missile Bay Engineer: special missile pods are contructed and maintained allowing for missiles to take up very little cargo space

Special Skills: (there is a chance to recieve a SS at levels 4,6,and 8 )
Taunt: through melatious use of the com link and flight manuvers this ability will allow the pilot to keep his targets attention focused on him. This in effect will allow lighter ships to fire apon a bigger ship and not have to worry about the bigger ship turning to fire on it.
Instructor: All wingmen of this pilot recieve a bonus to xp
Leadership: grants moral bonuses

And of course there will be wages..

Not all will prolly make it into the first cut, but we will do what we can :)

EDIT: And this is also subject to change .....

I also plan to add as an expantion to this the commander ideas I had posted somewhere around these forums :P

CHEERS!
Last edited by Kailric on Sun, 3. Jul 05, 16:25, edited 8 times in total.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 06:36

Outstanding! :D

How do you tell the difference between damaged and destroyed weapons?
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 06:43

Shanjaq wrote:Outstanding! :D

How do you tell the difference between damaged and destroyed weapons?

Hmm, all damaged weapons in game are in fact destroyed as far as I know, that is when the computer voice lady says, "Ion Disrupter Damaged" it is actually destroyed, or does she say, "Ion Disrupter Destoryed"?? Anyway....I have a "theory" in mind on how to create a unbuggy way for an "engineer" to repair weapons and shields while in flight...will just have to test it and see......

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 09:47

Just what the doctor ordered.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 10:32

sounds good man this is geting sign? and if not it a crime not to

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 21. Oct 04, 11:28

Sounding good.
Currently playing without non-signed scripts - but I have a save game series for playing "scripted"....

Furthark
x2

Post by Furthark » Sat, 23. Oct 04, 01:53

Cool!! real pilots to hire.....go on !!!

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 9. Nov 04, 03:33

Just an update on progress..

Things are looking good so far. I am currently working out the pilot ejection/recovery/and transfer.

In this version if you have any ship that has a fight command 1 or 2 installed on it it will return a report. If no pilot is aboard it will show minimal info such as shields needed, hull percent, and if certain wares are installed.

In the first release there want be much difference in combat, behavior, and xp gaining wise between the Xai AI and the real pilots, but I will add the extras as I go along.

Any ship will be able to tranport multiple pilots. Pilots take up the same about of space as a passenger and they must have the cargo bay life support installed in order to transport.

After the frist release I have planned to add the ability for your real pilots to capture ships own their own, in or out of sector. Chance to capture will be basicly the same as of the players. Also, with your pilots ability to capture a ship comes the drawn back that the enemy also captureing your ships, your pilots bravery will determine if they surrender up their ship or not. If your ship gets captured and it still has a fight command installed it just may turn on you! :twisted:

Edit: a ships ability to capture will be determined by its level and maybe some extra skills

Stay tuned.....
Last edited by Kailric on Tue, 9. Nov 04, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

PsychoticFx
x3tc

Post by PsychoticFx » Tue, 9. Nov 04, 06:26

:thumb_up: SWEET!!! :mrgreen:
"Giggity Giggity"

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 9. Nov 04, 13:44

I just can’t wait!!!

This script is getting better and better all the time, keep up the good work that you are doing, I will be here as always, until then I will be knawing my leg off in anticipation

Side note, my legs can’t take much more

For Kailric making the best script EVER!!! :x2:
=

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 10. Nov 04, 21:27

Well done....I've been looking forward to having pilots in my ships since X: Beyond the Frontier years ago.

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 01:28

Why not make it so the pilots use their space suits to go back to your station, and wait for you to get a new ship for them, or if they are out of system go to the trading station, and get a transport back.

O' and how about I dock their pay if they lose one of my ships, and maybe a % thing on capture/kill.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 11. Nov 04, 15:02

E.R.Hyland wrote:Why not make it so the pilots use their space suits to go back to your station, and wait for you to get a new ship for them, or if they are out of system go to the trading station, and get a transport back.

O' and how about I dock their pay if they lose one of my ships, and maybe a % thing on capture/kill.
Pilots do use their space suits already and make way for the nearest base after calling for a pickup. I will have them check to see if the players base is in range also. Their main abjective would be to get to a safe place quick so they don't get picked up by pirates as slaves. In which case you'd have to negociate a trade to get your pilot back :twisted: Depending on play testing I could make it so that you can assign a ship with a "pick up ejected pilots" command. And if a ship is detroyed or captrued and is assigned to that pickup ship and the pilots ejects safely, the pickup ship will then undock and jump to sector and pickup the astronaunt. Automaticly...

Docking pay...? Hmm, if the pilot in question gave all he could to save your ship then I can see no reason to dock pay, but if he lost the ship because of his own neglagence then yeah I could see that. That could be implimented maybe at some point. And if you mean what percentage chance they have to capture a ship, I'll have it noted somewhere...

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Sat, 13. Nov 04, 00:40

Ok so one ship will pick up any all pilots, and ship can use jump drive, and buy its one E-Cells?

And I mean if pilots has freight scanner it shouldn't try to capture a superior ship it should run, or jump away.

And by percentage I mean it should have a Police Licence and we split the bounty, or capture money. The better the the pilot the bigger % it gets, but you allways get 50% if its using your ship.

And it would be nice if I can assign fighters to a system trading station, and have them capture/kill set enemy, or enemies.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 13. Nov 04, 17:53

E.R.Hyland wrote:Ok so one ship will pick up any all pilots, and ship can use jump drive, and buy its one E-Cells?
Haven't planned to set it up to buy its own E-cells...yet, but yes to all things else
And I mean if pilots has freight scanner it shouldn't try to capture a superior ship it should run, or jump away.
That could go for attacking as well. I plan to impliment a full scale "moral" and "loyalty" system. These systems will for example make a pilot run or call for back up, or ignore your command if faced with over whelming odds.
And by percentage I mean it should have a Police Licence and we split the bounty, or capture money. The better the the pilot the bigger % it gets, but you allways get 50% if its using your ship.
I haven't implimented this yet but here are my thoughts:

Pilots you hire will be on salary (this part is well on its way see below). They get paid while on duty so "bountys" won by them go directly to the player as they are working to make the player money. I could insert a "Bonus Cut" command somehow that would allow the player to declare a percentage of the bounty that goes to the pilots, this would have a good effect on the pilots moral and loyalty also.
And it would be nice if I can assign fighters to a system trading station, and have them capture/kill set enemy, or enemies.
Idea noted :)

I have been working on getting the Salary sytem up and running and its well on its way. I have based the wages you pay your pilots on the wages found in the new Patrol scripts. Right now the wages are set at 100 credits per hour times level divided by 2, rounding to closes whole number. So a level 1 ship makes 100 credits per hour, while a level 8 ship makes 400. Once the first pilot is hired you will begin to recieve a annual company report showing number of pilots, last report cost in wages and this reports cost in wages... etc. Pilots that are killed or quit or are fired will be removed from the list of pilots that are hired. I haven't decided the annual time yet for the player to pay his pilots. Maybe ever 8 hours?, he will recievce a report on his company and must pay his pilots. Pilots who don't get paid will loose moral, and if not satisfied soon he may leave formation and head to nearest base, quit and ditch your ship there, or may decided to just take your ship for concelation :twisted: .

E.R.Hyland
x2

Post by E.R.Hyland » Sun, 14. Nov 04, 05:56

I don't like that last part. Will I be able to get my ship back some how?

You know a fully equipped M3, or M6 fighter is an expensive pice of kit to lose.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sun, 14. Nov 04, 12:48

E.R.Hyland wrote:I don't like that last part. Will I be able to get my ship back some how?

You know a fully equipped M3, or M6 fighter is an expensive pice of kit to lose.
Hee hee, yeah I know what you mean. It was just an idea and not sure if I will even put something like that in. But I will prolly have two sets of scripts..one a cut down simple version, and the other a more advanced real to life version....stay tuned..

rubberman
x4

Post by rubberman » Tue, 23. Nov 04, 01:02

E.R.Hyland wrote:I don't like that last part. Will I be able to get my ship back some how?

What about hiring somebody to get it back for a fee ?

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 23. Nov 04, 03:49

rubberman wrote:

What about hiring somebody to get it back for a fee ?
The possiblitys are endles really. You could send one of your Captains to get the ship back..one way or another :)

Been working hard on this bundle of scripts. Here are the commands I got worked out so far besides the report commands....
Report Commands: Used to get feedback from your ships. When used on the player ship the player will recieve a Company Report sheet detailing number of pilots hired and other info.
Transfer/Rescue: Used to move your pilots from one ship to anther or to rescue pilots in space
Hire/Pickup pilot: Used to Hire available pilots or Pick up pilots who where shot down and then landed at a station
List available pilots: Used to return a list of pilots you can hire and also pilots that work for you who have landed at a station. Pilots for hire change every 1 to 3 days or so and are only availble at friendly/nuetral trading docks. Each trading dock will have its own list of pilots to hire.
Pilot Rescue Duty: This will Hire a pilot to man a ship. If the ship meets the requirements it will wait for any pilots who eject and then go rescue them and bring them back to its homebase. It will use its jump drive and keep a good stock of energy cells bought up automaticly.
Pilot Command control: The gives the pilot the fire at will command so to speak. They will use their own judgement when chooseing targets, fireing missiles, and useing the Engine Booster.
Global Laser command: This will order your pilots to use Ions, mass drivers or not

Stonerkrieg
x3

Post by Stonerkrieg » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 17:26

All right,Kailric,I'm starting to drool. :twisted:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”