Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordSuch
x3

Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 07:22

Sector Planner v1.5 released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 64#1139764

Sector Planner v1.4 released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 566#887566

Sector Planner v1.3 (sp3) released
Full details are available here:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 139#584139

Sector Planner v1.3 (sp2) released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 266#579266

Sector Planner v1.3 (sp1) released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 197#575197

Sector Planner v1.3 released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 888#525888

Sector Planner v1.2 released
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 122#483122

Sector Planner v1.1 (sp1) released
You can find full details here:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 324#478324

Sector Planner v1.1 released
You can find full details here:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=70

---
Some of you may know that I have been working on a .NET application that can help you plan your empire in X2, known as SectorPlanner. For the old-timers this was originally spawned from the desire for something similar to the Utopia spreadsheet for X-T.

Basically SectorPlanner makes it easier to spot those lucrative areas in the X Universe for building factories and then helps you keep track of your factories, their effect on the surrounding economy and most importantly the profit they are making for you.

*WARNING* SectorPlanner does display the entire map, including all hidden sectors, if you haven't explored all the map, you may want to wait until you have before using it.

You can download SectorPlanner here.

OR

Old link removed - http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

The major features are:
i) Full map with every NPC station and their in game requirements listed.
ii) A dynamic resource usage display that informs you of the overall production / consumption of all products in the sector and the surrounding areas.
iii) Ability to add your own (player) factories that are reflected in the resource usage displays.
iv) If you set the resource pricing for your factories, it will calculate your profit overall and by sector.
v) A factory pricing calculator useful for finding the minimum selling price given the current buy price(s) for your resources.
vi) A search facility that can locate places selling either a product or a station.
vii) XML based data file generated directly from the X2 data files, therefore the 1.4 version should be release very shortly after the release of X2 1.4
viii) You *could* install it on your work computer and then work out where your next bunch of factories are going to go instead of working - not that I would do such a thing :twisted:

I would like any feedback that people have on SectorPlanner, whether good, bad or indifferent, please let me know either via this thread or via PM.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Sun, 2. Oct 05, 13:50, edited 15 times in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 07:29

dead link

start screaming ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

sq_paradox
x4

Post by sq_paradox » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 07:43

Link Works fine for me.

My god this was a lot of work. This will be invaluable. By far the best thing I've found I'm speachless all I can say is: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You... this is a godsend.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 07:47

LV wrote:dead link

start screaming ;)
If the link doesn't work LV, try:

OLD link removed

If that still fails, I'll try and sort something else out...
Last edited by LordSuch on Sun, 2. Oct 05, 19:37, edited 2 times in total.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 07:49

hmmm...

...tries to sell me airline tickets

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 08:21

sq_paradox wrote:My god this was a lot of work. This will be invaluable. By far the best thing I've found I'm speachless all I can say is: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You... this is a godsend.
Thanks paradox.....
It has been a lot of work; a labour of love, hate and vengeance :)

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 08:33

Thanks, this tool is just what a budding magnate needs to place another 25 loops or so :D

Really nice job!

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 08:48

Dead Link for the download :cry: . The page is fine except none of the graphics are showing, just the little cross in the corner. The MS net link was fine.

Is it a bandwidth thing?

I will try again later, this sounds just the sort of thing I am looking for.

Mark

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 08:53

Grey Mark wrote:Dead Link for the download :cry: . The page is fine except none of the graphics are showing, just the little cross in the corner. The MS net link was fine.

Is it a bandwidth thing?
Mark
It shouldn't be a bandwidth thing....

However if you don't have any joy within the next few hours, pm me and I'll sort out another hosting arrangement (or email you it if you prefer)

LS

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 09:16

LordSuch wrote:
Grey Mark wrote:Dead Link for the download :cry: . The page is fine except none of the graphics are showing, just the little cross in the corner. The MS net link was fine.

Is it a bandwidth thing?
Mark
It shouldn't be a bandwidth thing....

However if you don't have any joy within the next few hours, pm me and I'll sort out another hosting arrangement (or email you it if you prefer)

LS

Got a question, do you have another thing without having to install anything from microsoft ???

I don't really like downloading anything from them. Let's just say i got bad service from them in the past, and since then never downloaded anything from them anymore.

DZorro,

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 10:08

LordSuch, thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

This is not just Utopia for X2 but it's even a step further. Invaluable!

Sabo
x2

Post by Sabo » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 10:50

You will need the .NET frameworks otherwise it wont run. He would have to recode the entire thing to give you a version with no download.

How can you use windows and then not download anything from microsoft.

Malcolm (Cyteen)
x3

Post by Malcolm (Cyteen) » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 11:44

I cant seem to get the file, says it doesn't exist? Is the link down or my computer going awol? Be very interested to see this wonderful piece of work.

Cyteen out
“What is the meaning of it, Watson?” said Holmes solemnly as he laid down the paper. “What object is served by this circle of misery and violence and fear? It must tend to some end, or else our universe is ruled by chance, which is unthinkable. But what end?"

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 11:48

Kudos! Nice work my friend. It looks like a very good tool that I have already put to work. You will probably get a lot of suggestions on how to improve and add a few nice features. I bet over time this is going to be one of the best X2 downloads. It already surpasses anything I've seen out there. Kudos again! :D
I sure do like biscuits

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 12:08

Sabo wrote:You will need the .NET frameworks otherwise it wont run. He would have to recode the entire thing to give you a version with no download.

How can you use windows and then not download anything from microsoft.

Yes, sorry bout that, i already downloaded, it's just microsoft, ait so good, but just because most games playes with it well, that's why i even decided to have it, if linux or other where better, then i would have never gotten wnXP in the first place.

DZorro,

D_Zorro
x3tc

Re: Want help managing your empire? - SectorPlanner released

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 12:11

LordSuch wrote:Some of you may know that I have been working on a .NET application that can help you plan your empire in X2, known as SectorPlanner. For the old-timers this was originally spawned from the desire for something similar to the Utopia spreadsheet for X-T.

Basically SectorPlanner makes it easier to spot those lucrative areas in the X Universe for building factories and then helps you keep track of your factories, their effect on the surrounding economy and most importantly the profit they are making for you.

*WARNING* SectorPlanner does display the entire map, including all hidden sectors, if you haven't explored all the map, you may want to wait until you have before using it.

You can download SectorPlanner here.

*EDIT*
If that link doesn't work try this:
http://www.megspace.com/internet/lordsuch/

If that still doesn't work, please leave a message here or PM me and I'll arrange other hosting.
It seems that the site works for some people, but not for others.... mmm.
*EDIT*

The major features are:
i) Full map with every NPC station and their in game requirements listed.
ii) A dynamic resource usage display that informs you of the overall production / consumption of all products in the sector and the surrounding areas.
iii) Ability to add your own (player) factories that are reflected in the resource usage displays.
iv) If you set the resource pricing for your factories, it will calculate your profit overall and by sector.
v) A factory pricing calculator useful for finding the minimum selling price given the current buy price(s) for your resources.
vi) A search facility that can locate places selling either a product or a station.
vii) XML based data file generated directly from the X2 data files, therefore the 1.4 version should be release very shortly after the release of X2 1.4
viii) You *could* install it on your work computer and then work out where your next bunch of factories are going to go instead of working - not that I would do such a thing :twisted:

I would like any feedback that people have on SectorPlanner, whether good, bad or indifferent, please let me know either via this thread or via PM.

Cheers

LS

Looks like this could be a very handy tool indeed.

DZorro,

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 12:20

Looks like a great idea...but I can't get it running.
Something about quickview.exe not being there :?
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will all say, we did this ourselves' - Lao Tse (circa 600 BC)

FuzzyLightning
x3tc

Post by FuzzyLightning » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 13:01

Let the Profitsss roll in!

Brilliant Work... Hail Lordsssuch!

Fuzzy Isss Very happy....

-FuZzEh!

Hroch
x2

Post by Hroch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 13:34

Looks cool as custard, but, forgive me if I'm being stupid - on the resource usage panal, some negative resources are highlighted and some are not. What's the difference? And does a negative resource represent a shortfall, and a positive a surplus of that resource, or the other way around?

Cheers.

Hroch
x2

Post by Hroch » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 13:38

Hang on, let me guess, the highlighted resources are from different races other to that which owns the sector... actually I'm not so sure!... I'd still like clarification on my second question though, thanks.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”