[Script/AL-Plugin][V1.2] SSN - Sector Security Network

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script/AL-Plugin][V1.2] SSN - Sector Security Network

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 17:40

Sector Security Network V1.2 (unsupported)

[ external image ] _ [ external image ]
Warning wrote:This script changes an original "vanilla"-script. It is strongly advisable to make a backup of the file "!move.movetosector.pck" inside your "scripts"-folder in order to be able to uninstall this script correctly. If you refuse to do so, a complete reinstallation of the game might be necessary. I advise reading any readme coming with any script thouroughly, so that you know what you are doing.
The Sector Security Network uses Advanced Satellites and Patrol Ship to scan the universe for hostile activity. This data is then read by the script !move.movetosector, so that player owned TS and TP use the AStar-route finding algorithm and avoid any dangeroius sector. With a secon AL-Option, a waiting time is entered into any move command so that any trade ship will wait up to ten minutes before entering a sector with too many enemies. This way, the player gets more time to react and send his fleet to kill the hostile ships.
The decision whether a threat is too big to enter a sector is made by looking at the shield strength of the ship, compared to the data the satellites and patrol ships broadcast from the sector.

The following adjustments can be made:
  • Sector Security Network: Satellite surveillance and Patrol Command
  • Sector Security Network: Traders: Wait before entering dangerous sectors
  • Sector Security Network: Satellites mark secure sector
The following scripts support the command "Satellites mark secure sector":
(The other two plugins are supported by every script that uses the "!move.movetosector"-routine. For information on how to make your script able to work with this plugin, contact me via PM.) Download V1.2
[ external image ]

SSN-MovetoSector-Support // Avoid dangerous sectors
This is an older, but more simple script.
To have any player owned TS and TP find a safe and short route, this plugin, which is mainly based on the AStar route finding algorithm by AalaarDB, changes the script !move.movetosector. This way, ships will rather fly through two safe sectors than visit one dangerous sector. This script is an old basic version of the Sector Security Network, but as well works as a standalone-version. It is very similar to the AStar Pathfinder Commands by AalaarDB, which is the original script of these - the only difference is that this script only has an influence on TS/TP...

Direct Download SSN-MovetoSector V0.1
Download not supported anymore.
This script is not really compatible to the above mentioned main script. Installing both will not improve anything, but might result in even less efficience in use.

Resources SSN:
TextID 8757
Textseite 8757
Command slot 356
Script !move.movetosector
Scripters: For a certain reason, AL-Plugins do not reinit in a "reinit script cache". Therfore, the Command "patrol" will disappear from the command list after a reinit. It can be displayed by just deactivating and activating the AL-Plugin in the AL-menu.

Resources SSN-movetosector:
Script !move.movetosector
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 19:18, edited 4 times in total.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 26. Mar 07, 11:58

SSN V1.1 released
- added "Satellites mark secure sector"
- small fixes

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 26. Mar 07, 16:08

first of all, nice script ..;)

secondly, I'm getting the impression you are changing vanilla scripts, if so I really advice to make a "very clear" comment about it ... (else you may find yourself getting flamed later on by people that cant get their game back to original cause they never figured it a smart thing to make a back-up ...)

G

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 26. Mar 07, 16:38

Well, I clearly told everyone in the readme to make a backup (and put in a certain "uninstall"-file next to it...). But yes, I didn't tell anyone to read the readme (except in the readme).

So, yes,
Warning wrote:This script changes an original "vanilla"-script. It is strongly advisable to make a backup of the file "!move.movetosector.pck" inside your "scripts"-folder in order to be able to uninstall this script correctly. If you refuse to do so, a complete reinstallation of the game might be necessary. I advise reading any readme coming with any script thouroughly, so that you know what you are doing.
In that sense: RTFM.

ohnoes1234

Post by ohnoes1234 » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 20:19

With this can you assign a carrier or a TL class ship to respond to hostiles in the sectors you mark?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 21:58

No, this is not (yet) possible.

Where did you get that idea from? Ships will avoid (and wait in front of) hostile sectors, not attack them...

ohnoes1234

Post by ohnoes1234 » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 18:57

I guess I just misread your description. NVM then

ssa3512
x3tc

Post by ssa3512 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 00:24

I have a wheat farm in atreus' clouds. I have my mercury assigned to go up to four hops to get energy cells. This makes Queen's Space, The Wall, Antigone memorial, and Power Circle valid options. It also makes Bala Gi's Joy an option as I discovered a solar plant there. Unfortunately after installing this mod and the Trade Command Extention mk1/mk2 and selecting sats mark secure sectors, AND putting advanced sats in all sectors between and in the sectors with power plants excluding bala gi's joy, my mercury still goes there. Help?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 01:15

You have to have no scanners installed in the ship. No duplex, no triplex. That should be the most certain way to do this.

Usually, the software should work independent from the installed scanners. But that is only possible if the libraries are installed in the latest version, which the script installer does not always do, depending on the order you install the scripts in.

I will have another look at the script in case there are more problems - but I think (or hope ;) ) this is it.

ssa3512
x3tc

Post by ssa3512 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 01:41

ah thats the problem then, my mercury has a duplex scanner in it. thanks! it should work now, I will let you know if I have any more problems

ssa3512
x3tc

Post by ssa3512 » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 02:54

Unfortunately, after transferring my duplex scanner to a different ship, the mercury still ends up trying to travel to bala gi's. Any other suggestions?

Edit: the problem has to be within liv.st.findstation.best or lib.st.sectorlist.within.jumps as the latter is picking a station in unmarked (unsecure) sector, and that is determined by the call of that file in lib.st.findstation.best. Holy crap, I think I am actually starting to learn this language as I have been poring over these scripts to figure out what is wrong.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 09:56

In the first ~10 lines of lib.st.findstation.best, the should be code put in comments. If not, there's the problem: For performance reasons, I first ignored the plain simple commands and only wrote more code for the additional adjustments. As the latter code is now pretty efficient, and does support SSN, those first lines should no longer be necessary, so I took them out.

Otherwise, the problem is at lib.st.sectorlist.within.jumps, which should ignore sectors without sats with the AL-plugin activated (!), or at lib.st.saferoute, which should ignore all sectors that have no sats on the route there...

Edit: I looked through the code now - it has to work.
1.: You really don't have and satellites in that sector?
2.: You activated the AL-Plugin?
3.: When is the "last change"-date of the lib's?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 11:56

Version 1.2 released
* Pathfinding-Routine is now overridden by GAIUS if GAIUS is activated and this script installed after that Global AI Upgrade System.
* Open-end for future plugin included

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 18:41

Is it compatible with XTM? Above post indicates its compatible with GAIUS and MK3 :)

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 28. Oct 07, 19:01

Trokhon wrote:Is it compatible with XTM? Above post indicates its compatible with GAIUS and MK3 :)
Actually I'm not sure whether this will work with XTM. There have been issues with GAIUS and XTM with this script, which apparently have been resolved now - but as I don't know how, I cannot tell you.

But you could try and test this with XTM. If you make the correct backups, you are on the safe side anyway.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”