[Script][V3.03] Taxi-Software MK1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][V3.03] Taxi-Software MK1

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 18:22

Taxi-Software MK1, V3.03 (final)
The Taxi-Software MK1 gives the player a new use for his M5 and TP: With the Taxi-Software MK1, you employ a taxi driver for you M5/TP who uses the ship as a taxi for passenger transportation. The pilot moves from one station to another and earns money with every flight. The more experienced he gets, the further he'll move, until he covers the whole universe. The salary is calculated by rank, distance and number of transported passengers.

[ external image ] _ [ external image ]

Taxisoftware with M5
With the Taxi-Software MK1, you employ a taxi driver for you M5 who uses the ship as a taxi for passenger transportation. The pilot moves from one station to another and earns money with every flight. The more experienced he gets, the further he'll move, until he covers the whole universe.
The salary is calculated by rank, distance and transported passengers.

Taxi Software with TP
In a TP, a pilot is hired as well. This pilot now takes up his route and connects trade stations on his way.

Up from the rank of "Experienced Chauffeur" (7), the pilot looks for a single sector to only cover this sector's trade dock. Only one TP of this kind can work in each sector. The pilot will only cover the directly neighboring sectors and take some M5 to bring passengers to his main trade dock. This is a very lucrative business, as the ship is not in danger of travelling through insecure areas anymore, will not take dangerous tourist-missions and is payed much more, just as the helping M5s are.

Software
  • To start taxi service, every ship must have the Explorer Software and (only M5) Cargo Lifesupport System installed. To be able to use the Explorer Software, you must have installed a current version of the Bonuspack.
  • Taxiships that do not have a scanner (Duplex or Triplex) will only visit sectors where a player-owned satellite is to be found in

This script is a translation of the German Taxi-Software MK1. It is not the same as Cycrow's Taxi drivers guild, as it enables you to use other ships for taxi rides, not your own ship.

>>>download page<<<
>>>more information<<<

Direct download V3.03
[ external image ]

This script package contains:
2 Readmes
2 textfiles (8751)
10 Scriptfiles
1 .spk-Script Installer file

Commandslots: 559 (!) -> How to change them...

DE
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sat, 4. Oct 08, 21:52, edited 22 times in total.

shinobu
x3tc

Post by shinobu » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 18:50

Quick question- can you only use this script with M5s? Could one use it with TPs?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 26. Dec 06, 19:21

There is a German script for TPs, so I didn't include TPs here. I could, but I'm currently having bigger problems with another script. I'm only here because X³ just crashed again. There might be a translation for the TP-script around somewhere.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 12:29

Here I am again...

You can probably change it to TP yourself. Just look for the "setup.plugin.taxisoftware.mk1"-script in the scripteditor and change the "Light fighter M5" in line 004 into "small ship". That should do.

Crypton
x3

Post by Crypton » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 13:32

ahh, good stuff :D Adding to my collection, thnx!

tofuflash
x2

Post by tofuflash » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 18:55

looks good...

any chance 2 get an .spk of it :?:
--------------------------------------------------
extended all the way!..................dies
--------------------------------------------------
[ external image ]

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 27. Dec 06, 19:05

Well, if you make one, you have one... I'd even upload it for other users if you send it to me.

Rudenut

Post by Rudenut » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 02:16

where do I buy the software??

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 13:34

You don't have to buy it. You just install a "Cargo Life-support System" (now I know what that thingy is called...), available at any Pirate base, and start off.
There might be a special software to install in some future version, but as long as the ware slots are so limited, I better like having a script compatible to every other script than the luxury of having my own software.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 7. Jan 07, 00:11

I just thought of how much interest there is in a TP-script like this - would anyone want to send his TP on a "journey of your life" or use it as a bus?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 05:40

I would! I think that would be excellent, you could quite literally start your own space-liner business, get a nice TP, give it an appropriate name, and the rest is up to what your script will entail. I think it's a brilliant idea!

I see it as a very lucrative business, why have a taxi of one passenger when you can have a ferry full of them?

Additionally, this would be a very efficient way of harvesting potential slaves *wink*

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 16:55

The way I understand it this transports only one passenger per flight so a TP would ferry more empty cargo space around and be slower at the same time.

And what about Discos in the current state of the script? Will they use a jumpdrive? The Hauler version still goes 360 with a cargo capacity of 67 which allows for quite a few jumps and can leave a Jaguar in the dust. =)

PS: Just changing the ship class to "small ship" as mentioned above won't do the trick because that adds all 3 fighter classes as well as all TS/TP. And who expects an 18-wheeler when calling a cab?
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 22:00

Since 2.0.01, the Discoverer is really an M5 and therefore it works fine with that. There can be multiple passengers per flight (normal cabs do that, too!), and for a TP, I'd have to change some things around anyway. A bus driver earns some more money than a taxi driver, but should have less opportunities to work, as there are only normal public-transportation buses and charter buses for long-range trips.
Next time slot is next weekend, looking forward to that - this weekend is already pretty full (three script releases planned so far).

Taxis will not use a jump drive (so far). Do Y-wings have warp-engines?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 02:17

Yes, Y-Wings do.
They use their R2 units for the hyperspace calculations, just like X-Wings.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 22:02

Just released V2.1
- added possibility to work with TPs
- restructured code
- found and eliminated one little bug
- included .spk-Script Installer File
- rethought and rewrote calculation of salary
- rearranged global var management

Due to variable changes, all taxis currently running will stop and send a (wrong) error message to the player. You will then have the opportunity to install the Software for the Taxi-Software and restart. Unfortunately, some data will be lost. This could only have been avoided by adding a lot of code that is not necessary for normal running.

terra.
x2

Wie installieren?

Post by terra. » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 23:25

Hallo zusammen,

das Los eines Newbee's ist es dumm aus der Wäsche zu gucken wenn dieser ein Skript ausserhalb des Bonuspakets installieren will. Kurzum bei mir tut dat net. Ich habe folgende gemacht:

1. Alle Dateien aus dem "Skript" Ordner in den X3 Original Skript Ordner kopiert
2. Das geliche mit den Dateien aus dem Ordner "t"
3. Im Spiel den Spielernamen auf "Thereshallbewings" gestellt. Danach pausierte das Spiel kurz und der Name war wieder wie zuvor. Dennoch finde ich den den Boron Ausrüstungsdocks die Taxi-SW nicht.

Kann mir jemand helfen?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 15:09

Well, okay... I think the problem is solved now via PM - just remember this is the english forum ;)

German Thread here.

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Thu, 8. Mar 07, 15:45

Finally a use for TP-class ships! I may just diversify into the taxi business because of this script. Thanks!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 17:19

Due to a problem with the Explorer Software having changed the ware slot without telling anyone, I locked the downloads right now.

For those who already installed the latest version: There is no problem using this software. You may note that all Explorer Softwares are now called Taxisoftware. I will soon upload a fix that changes the name back.

DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS SCRIPT!

This would remove all Taxisoftwares and Explorer-Softwares, so that I would have to write another script that resets the Explorer software to display in Teladi EDs again.

esse
x3

Post by esse » Sat, 10. Mar 07, 11:10

I don't have the Explorer software. Can I download the newest version?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”