A momentary lapse of reason - Ch 15 pt 1 (01/12)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Mercenary
x3tc

A momentary lapse of reason - Ch 15 pt 1 (01/12)

Post by Mercenary » Fri, 1. Dec 06, 22:23

Now I remember ...

Chapter 1 - The Lapse
Chapter 2 - A Past Life
Chapter 3- Old Friend
Chapter 4 - Pirate Spy
Chapter 5 - Dream Factory
Chapter 6 - Pirate Colours
Chapter 7 - The Ruse
Chapter 8 - The Other Face
Chapter 9 - Reflection
Chapter 10 - Cracks
Chapter 11 – Back on the Trail
Chapter 12 –
Chapter 13 – Unforseen Talent
Chapter 14 – Pit Fighter
It's been some time ..

Chapter 15.

Creed stared down at the corpse and regret washed over him. He mouthed the word, “Sorry.” The faint sound of humming and a hiss had him turn his head sharply and stared at the camera pod. He said, “Keep out of my way.”

The camera shot away sailing over the balcony and down out of harms way. Creed looked at Raish and he saw her trembling in the corner of the room. He attempted a smile and then turned away, “You’d best follow me.”

“Why?” Her voice shook from the effort.

“To stay will get you killed.”

“I’ve never seen a man die before. It was terrible, how can you live with yourself?”

“Get used to it, there’s plenty more to come,” he said with solemn conviction that lacked emotion. Creed remembered how calm and collected she had been out in the corridor and how differently she now reacted when witnessing the true brutality. He focused his attention on her and said in a near whisper, “In truth I can’t,” he looked away and added with bitterness, “But I do.” Crouching down he picked up the fallen hatchet and walked to the door. The alarm continued to blare through the station and became more intense when the door opened ahead of him.

“Follow or become a slave again. Those are your choices.” He did not look around but heard her treading carefully through the room behind. There were no guards in the corridor and no sign of the victims of the previous battle. He took his bearings and followed the corridor to the waiters lift, and within a few brief sezuras the lift door opened. He felt a tremor in the deck and looked back at Raish, “We’d best hurry, they’re powering up the engines.”

“I still don’t see how you expect to escape?”

“They normally let me leave for health reasons.”

“But won’t they try and kill us in space.”

“There’s a good chance of that,” Creed said and ushered her into the lift. A short while later and he was in the original room and stared thoughtfully at the vacant space where his weapons had once been.

“What now?”

“We leave,” Creed replied despite the desire to find the person who took his possessions. He walked over to the guest lift and touched the control panel. The door glided open and he looked over the empty space before gesturing Raish to go in first.

Reluctantly she stepped up to the threshold and stopped to examine the inside of the lift. She asked, “What’s up with this, why don’t you want to go in first.”

“The doors open on one side, and you’ll be behind me when they open at the bottom.” Creed responded and stepped in. He turned his back to her and watched the shuttle lift door close.

Seemingly effortlessly the lift dropped to the dock level all the while the station alarms blared through the station. The door opened and Creed stepped out without hesitation, he expected death and found only fear.

A swarm of faces pale, each one apparently suffering from a cold case of instant sobriety when faced with their personification of the devil incarnate, and every which way he looked he could see the pale fearful shallow shape of death etched in their faces. Inside he could feel the pity of Lumar shrink back against the power of fear that Creed generated. He did not hesitate as he strode between the pilots and addicts, but all the while he felt the tug of Lumar tearing at the blackness that shrouded his soul. With scarcely another thought, save those that would instinctively kill anyone that dared to threaten him.

Ahead of him was his ship and his expression hardened, in the hands of two security guards and a smug looking official was Nattelamannis. He strode on.

“We’ll kill her if you don’t drop your weapons and surrender.”

“What makes you think I care?” The man looked perplexed as the two blade span out of Creed's hands and rammed into the skulls of the two guards. In one motion he grabbed the official by the throat lifted him off the floor and broke his neck. Creed looked down at the cowering Teladi and said quietly, “Are my weapons on board?”
Last edited by Mercenary on Sat, 2. Dec 06, 09:06, edited 2 times in total.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 02:55

Woohoo! Excellent read! So it does appear as though Creed will make it off the station. Out of the sector will be a different story altogether. You know, when I saw that post I thought, who is this Merceneary again? :p

Good to see you back, even though you forgot the title. :D

Looking forward to the next part tomorrow! :thumb_up: :p

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 05:14

i wouldn't stand sit or even stumble in the way of creed. Just hope he still has teh fear in space as he dose when people can see him.

Excelent chapter BTW, Still makes me wanna find out what happens.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 09:01

Cheers, just a brief momentary lapse of memory as the case would have it.

Must be due to this cold I seem to have picked up and can't shake off. :shock:

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 16:35

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ] Awesome read! Hope you feel better soon. :thumb_up: :D

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Mon, 4. Dec 06, 13:21

Excellent reading! :P Keep it up 8)
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Return to “Creative Universe”