AL PLUGIN [Beta] - Respawn All NPC Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL PLUGIN [Beta] - Respawn All NPC Stations

Post by LV » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 23:53

Respawn NPC Stations Plugin.

[ external image ] Cycrow Installer Download

***********NOTE**************
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been written with the X2 script engine and therefore until somebody tries it I have no idea if the command structure is the same in the X3 SE but i'm pretty dam sure it should be ok.

Please use a new save to test until I can confirm the X3 engine is fine (by one of you telling me as I can't load X3 anymore)
------------------------------------------------------------

The plugin found in the AL menu is disabled by default. Once enabled it will destroy and respawn all NPC factories (Docks/wharfs/shipyards/eqd's are left alone) in the game to different Sectors. It will not destroy NPC mines or your stations and any of your ships that are landed on a station are undocked but NPC ships will bite the bullit..

Using this plugin will eliminate the ability to just check an ego spreadsheet for the good station locations and also make exploring for fruitful again as new trade opportunites will be available.

Once run you will get the option to spawn stations with the old stocks included or to spawn empty ones. To spawn empty stations all you need to do is change your ship or eject once the Stations Info Message appears.

Once run the plugin should be disabled again but if you want to repeat the process leave the plugin enabled and after a few minutes it will restart.

If at anytime you need help ingame just change your pilotname to Help (with a capital H) and the Help screen will refresh. (change name back to stop)

It is advised that you are in a clearish sector when running incase a station spawns on top of you!

Install Instructions

Find your main x2/3 directory and extract the zip to that. you can find this folder address by right clicking on your x2/3.exe and clicking the properties icon. then click "find target and the folder will open giving you the location of your x directory. You can also just drag and drop the files in the zip into this folder and they will install to the correct location.

File info

Commands - None
t - 448827
Last edited by LV on Mon, 18. Jun 07, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Mon, 1. Jan 07, 19:27

For anyone that wants this in Cycrow Installer Version :

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3spk/r ... ons.ci.zip

LV just made an Imperial mistake in the copy and pasteing of links. :)

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 09:19

Is this script compatible with other mods like DDRS that introduces new sectors? Would NPC stations spawn in the new sectors?

:)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 10:30

try it and let me know :)

the script should scan a station, destroy it and respawn it somewhere else so i can't see why it wouldn't work

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Wed, 21. Mar 07, 10:40

I did run it and follow all your instructions. I then waited for the station to respawn but nothing happened. When I did this only the DDRS mod was installed.

How long does it take for the stations to respawn?

Thank you for your help :!:

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 08:49

A long time, the script gives a message when its done

It works on normal X3.

And by the way, LV, could you somehow ensure that the script doesn't run again if you leave the AL Plugin on? I put it on seta and whent on doeing my homework while i runned the script and the stations respawned around 10 times, when I came back it was in its 11 cycle and all stations where gone, so i had t owait to get them back again...
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 17. Apr 07, 19:49

I can't really ensure that the plugin does not run again as that's what the option to disable it in the AL menu is for (well i can but i'm not going to), if users can't do that i'll beat them with the proverbial spoon instead of feeding them with it :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”