AL PLUGIN [Beta] - Respawn All Asteroids

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL PLUGIN [Beta] - Respawn All Asteroids

Post by LV » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 23:51

Respawn Asteroids Plugin.

Zip Download Here

Cycrow Installer Version Here zipped as my isp wont host .spk files

***********NOTE**************
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been written with the X2 script engine and therefore until somebody tries it I have no idea if the command structure is the same in the X3 SE but i'm pretty dam sure it should be ok.

Please use a new save to test until I can confirm the X3 engine is fine (by one of you telling me as I can't load X3 anymore)
------------------------------------------------------------

The plugin found in the AL menu is disabled by default. Once enabled it will destroy and respawn all asteroids in the game to different yields. It will not destroy asteroids with mines built on them and it will also ignore the sector you are in when it's run if there are any asteroids in that sector.

The plugin also add a very small amount of Nividium roids to normal sectors although their location is not provided.

Using this plugin will eliminate the ability to just check an ego spreadsheet for the good roid locations and also make exploring for high yield roids fruitful again.

Once run the plugin should be disabled again but if you want to repeat the process (it checks how many Niv roids are presents and stops building them by the way ;) ) leave the plugin enabled and after a few minutes it will restart.

If at anytime you need help ingame just change your pilotname to Help (with a capital H) and the Help screen will refresh. (change name back to stop)

Install Instructions

Find your main x2/3 directory and extract the zip to that. you can find this folder address by right clicking on your x2/3.exe and clicking the properties icon. then click "find target and the folder will open giving you the location of your x directory. You can also just drag and drop the files in the zip into this folder and they will install to the correct location.

File info

Commands - None
t - 448826
Last edited by LV on Tue, 28. Nov 06, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Kadaas
x3

Post by Kadaas » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 03:01

Did a quick test with a new game just to see if it worked.

Started in AH and scanned all the roids the juped to LoH and ran the plugin.Got the warning/confirmation that it was about to run,then got the message that it was done and reminder to turn it off.
Jumped back to AH and scanned the roids,everything seems to be working,they were all diff yeilds from before :) .

This will definately add some new variety to the game.Thanks
Last edited by Kadaas on Mon, 27. Nov 06, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

Abanon
x3

Post by Abanon » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 22:17

Great idea but will this effect the 'mission sensitive' asteroids?

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 11:14

i would assume those are brought in upon starting that mission, as otherwise they could be destroyed naturally anyway. =)

Althought confirmation would be good :P

KayEss
x4

Post by KayEss » Thu, 14. Dec 06, 06:08

I've run this a couple of times on new games using DDRS (I'm testing the new 2.4.2 RC1) and after the script runs I always seem to end up with four Paranid Daedeluses.

It's happened a couple of times so far (every time the script has run). The first time I did see one of the spawned Nividium roids, the second time I've not yet.

The ships have no equipment.

K

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 07:52

Hi, LV. Am getting a CTD (twice, once on SETA, once not) when the script starts trying to do the asteroid thing. I get the message saying that in 2 minutes it'll start replacing asteroids, and then boom, a couple of minutes later I have one of Microsoft's wonderful and informative error messages. :roll:

I am in Argon Prime, running 2.0.02, not running any scripts that I think will conflict. Need any other info? If you need a save-game, just let me know and I'll let you have a link to it.

Radon.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 11:03

It could be an asteroid landing on something (?).
Does the CTD depend on which sector you are in?.

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 14:45

Bunny wrote:It could be an asteroid landing on something (?).
Does the CTD depend on which sector you are in?.
I've only tried it while in Argon Prime, but tomorrow (AEST) I'll try testing it from other sectors. I just sat in a sector that has no asteroids that register on the scanner.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 16:08

Well that rules out the first idea.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 19:16

if your feeling generous bunny just scan the sctript code in the x3se for me as there may be a change, possibly asteroid type as iirc x3 may only use 0 where x2 had 0-9

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 20:37

If I get chance I'll have a look.

[EDIT] CTDs due to object type is a likely suspect.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 09:54

all types changed to 0

re-download + re-install script from OP links
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 17:05

[EDIT] New version is Dadelus free :)

Info X3:
Looks like 95% of asteroids are type 1 and the remainder are type 0. So type 0 should be fine.

Exceptions are:
Family Zein which has a type 4
and
Senator's Badlands which has types 0,1,2,3 & 4

It might be worth checking if the CTD happens with a new game. I had no problems with it last night but there are some things to adjust.

The Nividium asteroids could still potentially land on something but the game engine should shift it to a safe position.

[CMA]Radon
x3

Post by [CMA]Radon » Sun, 21. Jan 07, 08:42

Thanks, I'll look at it as soon as I have some time.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”