The Last Arclite Chapter 7

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

-=Legendary=-
x3tc

The Last Arclite Chapter 7

Post by -=Legendary=- » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 20:24

The Last Arclite

Chapter 7

Sector 1

1500 hours

Dry Plains

Koteck Tribal Camp

Maybe around 20 little huts, made from some type of animal skin. They were in four groups of 5. In the middle was a giant pit of fire with rocks laid in symbolic formations. The sun was still in the final phase of setting far of in the horizon the bluish orange burned into the sky.

Inside one of the huts was Xander; he was an average sized Arclite with markings on his body from previous battles. On his right cheek there was a deep wound which looked as if though it was very deep long ago. He wore a tarp like every other Arclite around his waist except that his cared to extend to his left shoulder, held by what looked like a worn leather strap. On both his shoulders were two very large skulls, shaped a lot like a Arclites except it was obvious that the skull belonged to a much more savage creature. They were Phoenix skulls.

Xander sat on a wooden seat, as he stared intently at Overdose who was laying on a tarp inside the big tent like dome.

Overdose got up and reached for his gun. Nothing armor gone, weapons gone, all he had on was his dark pants and undershirt. He realized that he was stiff suffering bruises from his crash too, he should have died he was lucky that autopilot landed him at an angle where the ship could slide.

Lorn stepped forward with his axe in hand at the hostility of Overdoses motions. Xander made a motion with his hands to stop Lorn.

“No he can do no harm to us.”

Lorn slowly walked backwards and stood vigilant again.

“Where am I? Who…what are you?” As he sat with his back erected, showing his bulky arms and thick neck.

“You are in my home, I am Xander an Arclite and the leader of the local lands. What I would like to know is where have you come from and WHAT are you?”

“Uh… my name is Overdose and I’m a hybrid, I come from Earth”

Xander tilted his head awkwardly. Xander knew all about the prophecies and that warriors from “Earth” would one day reign in favor of the Arclites.

“Hy-y-ybrid… are there more of you?”

Overdose looked around himself and ran his hand through his hair ‘What did you do to yourself this time’

Xander grunted, as if he heard Overdose speak in his head

“There is more of my kind, but you shouldn’t worry about them it’s the ones who made us. They are called humans, they are greedy weak creatures, and they choose to make means to improve themselves then to work for themselves.”

Overdose dropped his hand it and fell rather fast… the gravity was stronger here that was for sure.

“How many of you hybrid are there?”

“Well… that’s a difficult question to answer, there are hybrids like myself, and there are others that the humans use like tools mostly because we are made and not born. The ones like myself I don’t exactly know a little under 8 I would say, the type that are used like tools then around 15,000”

“These humans sound like the traitors that pollute our planet”

Overdose figured Hazzard and his team wouldn’t get down here for another two days or so, so he figured he might as well learn as much as he could.

“Xander, tell me everything about this planet that you know”

“Very well but first you must do something for me”

“What do you want me to do?”

“I sense a channel of strength coming from you, I want to see It”

“And how do you expect me to do that”

“Follow me to the gauntlet”

Overdose stood, he had a major side ache. Probably a broken rib, it should heal itself within the next 10 minutes he thought.

“Where’s my power ar- my suit?”

“Your armor is in a safe place for now, Lorn and his men removed it from you it resembles the traitor’s way Lorn did approve of it”

‘Bastards’

Xander stopped just before he exited the tent, he was hardly taller then Overdose but were built about the same

“What does that mean? Bastard?”

“Oh it means… it’s just a expression used when something doesn’t go your way”

“Interesting…let us continue”

“How did you hear me?”

“Our kind picks up signals usually only vibrations of movement but sometimes we can hear the thoughts of those that are not Arclites.”

“hmm”

As Xander walked with Lorn and Overdose other Arclites came out of the hut likes shelters. Some with long spikes on their heads, others with no spikes at all. Some had major gashes on various parts of their bodies. Drums started playing to the right, four Arclites were hitting there palms against some type of rock.

Overdose realized that they were leaving the village, and that the village itself was surrounded on one side by hills and a big cliff. But the opposite side probably west was wide open plains.

A lone Arclite made his way to the top of the rock cliff, he had a spear with a black rock at the end and some type of bones dangling on the sides. He wore what looked like a wolf pelt except for the wolf jaw that came over the head of the Arclite was way to big to be a wolves jaw and the lower jaw worked like a neck guard. The pelt was still gray though; there must be some wolf like animal on this planet, much bigger then those on earth.

The Arclite looked up and did some type howl, the only kind of a howl an animal could make when it can only speak through vibrations in its neck. It was eerie; dark, it sent chills down Overdoses back.

The Arclites name was Dust, he was 95 years old, but not old by any means. Still really young seeing as how Arclites can live to be thousands of years old. The spikes on his head had already begun to form and extruded rather stubbly, although no one could see while he wore the Conite pelt (A species of wolf on this planet).

It seemed all the Arclites in the village were following Xander. There must have been at least 300 of them. Overdose noticed he didn’t see any small child like Arclites or anything resembling a female Arclite.

Xander led them to a huge crater like formation; there were rocks and torches made in a circle like formation. Before the slope down to this formation was a big stone slab, it was sleek and it held a huge array of swords, axes, spears, hand claws, leather straps with spikes at certain points.

“This is a gauntlet; all Arclite settlements have one, even the traitors. I would like to test your strength against Lorn”

“This is not a fight to the death, but until one is thrown out of the circle or injured badly.”

Overdose looked Lorn up and down and realized he wasn’t some pushover; his stature showed an Arclite that has seen death.

“Lorn you have first weapon of choice then enter the gauntlet”

This setting reminded Overdose of the arena, during his syndicate training over 90 years ago.

Lorn stepped forward towards the huge stone slab, he picked out a small axe and put it in a strap on his back and another. They were small axes about 3ft long. He then picked out a spear and clicked a button. Just then it opened up on both sides, revealing a double scythe on both ends of the 5ft staff. He stepped into the arena.

“This is going to be bad”

Overdose looked over the array of weapons, and came to a pair of swords.

They were sleek and black bladed. They came up around 4ft and they went straight up and on both sides came out a little and then went straight again. They looked deadly. Overdose grabbed both of them and they were extremely light.

“Those are not Arclite made.”

“Huh?”

“Those are not made by us, we got those from a rogue stalker.”

“What’s a stalker?”

“All will be told once I know you are a prophecy, if not I will have no choice but to kill you”

“Oh god…”

Overdose stepped down into the arena. The circle was really big it was probably 200ft from side to side, it covered almost the whole crater.

All the Arclites gathered around the crater most were armed with some type of weapon.

Xander sat on a wooden like throne that had a perfect view of the whole area. He raised his right arm.

“BEGIN”

Earth

On route to Florida.

1450 hours

Hollow was speeding down what remained of the highway, after the confrontation with Black-Tech it was obvious their mission was compromised. They had to get to the other Hybrids before Black-Tech did. Their next stop was going to be Denton Florida to get Smoke. He was a arena fighter down their. The last “Civilized” city that there was in Florida.

Hollow switched spots with Kinovi and now Kinovi was driving. Hollow got on the comm unit.

“Base this is Rhino one, I repeat Rhino one.”

“Affirmative Rhino one, this is base”

“Mission is compromised, Black-Tech Forces ambushed us at checkpoint 1, I’ve lost two men, and objective 1 has, I repeat has been terminated. Request backup I repeat request backup.”

“Rhino one, Syndicate team Silence is due to be extracted, rendezvous at checkpoint 2 and be relieved”

“Affirmative base, over and out”

Hollow turned to Hazzard who was in the back.

“Well Hazzard it looks like we are handing you over to one of the most elite teams the syndicate has to offer.”

“I’ve taken out whole battalions of the most “elite” I’m not to sure they’re going to be more then a burden on me”

“Hazzard you cant keep trying to do everything on your own. One of these days your going to end up between a rock and a hard place and your not going to be able to shoot your way out of either.”

“Insquequo vestri permaneo spiritus , renuo morior”

“What”

Hazzard looked out the window

“Until your last breath, refuse to die”

Hollow shook his head and turned faced forward again.
http://blackjackal21.mybrute.com/

AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad Core Processor
8 GB DDR2
1 TB HDD
ATI Radeon HD 4650 1024MB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit with SP1

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 09:45

Good read. Will be interesting to see how Overdose performs this time after being knocked out so easily first time around. With the stronger gravity he will certainly have to adjust his tactiques a bit.

Looking forward to the next chapter. :thumb_up:

Return to “Creative Universe”