They were correct -Chapter 15

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Legion400
x2

They were correct -Chapter 15

Post by Legion400 » Sun, 22. Oct 06, 00:49

Background to the story:

This is set after kyle and elana have long since died and this story is about a problem the 'old ones' never delt with sufficiently.
(I am using part of a story im writing atm because i think it will fit in well with the x universe)

Prelogue:

The destruction of Earth as we know it was inevitable. Humans had known it for a hundred years. It was lucky they had such a large timescale to evacuate from the planet, otherwise our race would of suffocated and starved into extinction.

Human greed was the cause of this, at sometime around 2950 A.D. environmental protection had broken down; no one is sure why it happened. But it did. In the few short years of greed driven production, pollution had tripled and was increasing every day. The leaders of these companies only cared about a rich and pompous life and not for the planet and its life.

Eventually they were stopped. But by then it was too late. Eco-systems began to crumble, thousands of species of animals and plants were becoming extinct and the delicate weather patterns destroyed. The world would change quickly and human calculations had put the best estimates of Earth becoming inhabitable for all life in a fifety years.

Humans then planned for the evacuation of what would be left of their race along with the animals and plants needed for survival. They busy began to construct launch pads and equipment to send everything spaceward. The moon, mars and several of Jupiter’s and Saturn’s moons were picked for colonization along with giant space stations orbiting the Earth and other planets.

It would take the most of the time they had left on Earth to achieve such an audacious but vital plan. Faced with destruction humans spent forty-five years with conditions that worsened every passing year until humans were ready to take to the stars and leave the planet that had been home to them for over a hundred thousand years.

Chapter 1 - Aboard the UTNS Protector. The year is 3015 A.D.

It had been many years since the evacuation of earth. Humans had settled among the solar system to begina new life, a new era in their civilization. But already, the volitile nature of the human species was becoming a problem again. And so a meeting aboard the UTN's flagship, the Protector was organised inorder to sort the new problem out.

General Ramiro Montgomery of the United Terran Navy cleared his throat to gain the attention of humanities most senior officials and when the room fell silent he began his speech.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I am here to address the issue that many people belive is becoming a problem. Evan with the abundance of resources and space in our sol system, humans continue to fight eachother. Therefore I beleive we should begin to re-colonize the stars to spread humanity and give less cause to fight eachother over material things as the universe around is is surely big enough to satisfy anyone with no need for competition. The last time we took to the stars, we was almost destroyed by our own terraformors. This shall not happen again"

At this the officials gave the expected gasp and muttering Ramiro was waiting for. At this he straightened himself up more and carried on.

"It has been almost a century since Kyle Brennon and Elana Kho left the sol system to never return. When we heard nothing from Elana we decided to stop our gateless-drive technology and left it to mothball with our gate technology. But now i suggest we reopen both these technologies for use in our new, and improved re-colonisation plan"

The general sat down and waited, the officials began to talk amongst themselves agreeing and disagreeing. After 15 minutes he stood up again and waited for the chatter to die down and gain their full attention.

Edison Banks, one of the officials, stood up with encouragement from the others and he nodded with agreement with Ramiro.

"After our discussion we have decided to agree to your, seemingly easy plan and you have been appointed as official leader in the matter, we give you the power to do what is necessary to insure humans once again travel deep space."

At this the meeting came to a stop and people began to leave the room. Ramiro again sat down and began to ponder on how he would implement his ideas and plans.
Last edited by Legion400 on Sun, 17. Dec 06, 11:32, edited 14 times in total.
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sun, 22. Oct 06, 01:18

intresting idea. it will be nice to see where this is heading i take it,will it tie in with X³.

Any how i think your about 700 years out.

:edit. yep acording to the time line at agronapedia kyle and elana went the the Xunivese 700 years later in 2912

http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/histmenu.p ... 3f9322067b

There are also a couple of typo's with in it. though i can't remeber where. Mostly letters the wrong way round like teh for the. (not that i ever do that)

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Mon, 23. Oct 06, 00:58

Ah thankyou. Now i will type my chapters up in word to avoid any more spelling mistakes. And i have changed the dates so it fits in with the timeline :)

Im afraid i cannot go on argnopedia as i ahve been banned :? evan though i havnt been on it for over a year lol.

And now onto chapter 2...

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 25. Oct 06, 02:04

Chapter 2 – 3016 A.D.

It had been a year since General Ramiro Montgomery was entrusted with humanities colonization plan, within this year the gate and gateless-drive technology had been tweaked to give improved performance. The gate was no longer confined to an outer ring. limiting the size of objects needed to eb transported. It now consisted of four projectors which would produce the gate effect and these could be moved to create a bigger or small gate when needed. The gateless-drive now had any bugs worked out and worked perfectly and also powered up quicker than ever before.

Since earth was no longer habitable but still humanities homeworld the new gate was chosen to reside in orbit around the planet as a reminder for anyone would travel through it of what not to do on a planet.

There was still fears that activating the gate which would again lock onto the ancient gates already spread through the milky way would attract the attention of any terraformers still activated as no one was sure if the terraformer fleet that was tricked into leaving had been destroyed by the heroic Terran fleet. However weapon and electric experts were confident that the Terran EMP Cannon would stop any terraformer in its tracks.

The gate would forever have a military presence and be under military control so that hostile races or the terraformers would never gain a foothold in the Sol System. Weapon platforms, EMP Cannons and a UTN Contubernium (Group of 10 ships, 2 of which are support ships) would stand guard at the gate.

With the gate and the sol system protected, it was turned on and immediatly locked onto one of the ancient gates. Humans then began to re-colonise the milky way.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 02:46

I decided to tweak chapters 1 and 2 as i was not satisfied with what i had written :) please re read them before continuing on with my story. Thankyou, any comments would be appreciated since so far ive only got one :( :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 - 3020 A.D

Four years had passed since the gate was activated. So far twelve solar systems had been transformed into human colonies. Each of the systems original gates were destroyed and replaced by superior human gates. These could lock onto any gate in the new Terran Network and so stopped any need to travel through many sectors in order to get to the one you want. Also within these systems a point in space was chosen for the gateless-drive arrival point. It was believed doing this would stop a ship materialising in the middle of a busy traffic lane, which could cause an accident.

None of the original systems once controlled by the Terrans had so far been found and were not given much thought. But all that changed when the next arranged sector locator locked onto a system all too familiar in the records. Probes sent through the gate confirmed that this was one of the sectors first attacked by the terraformers at the start of the terraformer war. The planet in this system, formally an earth-like planet named Erucia, had been re-terraformed wiping out all trace of any human colony. The debris of the battle that took place over the planet was still here, no one had entered this system since it was first attacked many centuries ago.

The Erucia system was rejoined to the Terran Network and a suitable memorial was set up in memory of those who died in the first strikes of the terraformers. However this system then became even more important than it already was. On the fringes of this system another gate was found. The probes that were sent through sent back information on much activity in the system. The 'old ones' must have missed this gate as it lead into the X Universe! On noticing the humans an age ago, the 'old ones' reconfigured the X Universe gate network so none of the human gates could lock onto them, however this gate must have missed the reconfiguration.
Last edited by Legion400 on Sat, 18. Nov 06, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 10:21

nice i like it its more of a story than anything else rly
i am reading it like i read my history manual
but its good its captivating go on m8 go on :wink:
The answer is just another question.

jackhanna88

Post by jackhanna88 » Sat, 28. Oct 06, 12:56

Really enjoyable, Legion! Just a small point, a couple of times you've written "must of", where it needs to be "must have" (i.e "The 'old ones' must of missed this gate..."). Other than that, great!

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 15. Nov 06, 20:49

well u gotta know the storys background history :wink:

cheers i was never that gd with grammer :oops:

sorry about no reply i havnt had the internet for weeks and ill get cracking on the next chapter (i kno i cld of done the chapters and then added em when i got inet back but ive been busy catching up on college work)

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 21:10

Chapter 4 -3020 AD

Preliminary results showed this new system must be of importance as two large vessels have been detected amongst hundreds of smaller ones. There is what looks to be a shipyard which could certainly produce the large vessels detected. In the centre of this system appears to be the heart of the systems spaceward civilization. Ships enter and exit through two gates of the ancient inferior design, already a human gate is on its way to replace the gate connected to this system as intentions of this new civilization is unknown. The majority of ships and stations in this system are of aquatic design. However many ships of different configurations also pass through this system for us to believe there are other races. A network has been found!

With the human gate in place and the inferior gate destroyed, contact with this new race was now given the go ahead. The UTNS Peacemaker, a Type-50 Cruiser would lead a Contubernium into the system and establish contact with the indigenous race. Three contubernium’s would stand by in case of trouble. ‘First contact’ was scheduled for next month with Lieutenant Colonel Rosario McGuire leading the expedition.

A month was up; as the expeditionary force prepped for jump another probe was sent through for a last minute observation. When the go ahead was given the UTNS Peace Maker jumped first. One by one the other ships jumped through the gate (it was believed a sudden appearance by eleven ships would be too startling for a gateless jump to be performed).

Peacemaker arrived into the system and moved out of the way to allow the next ship to arrive without collision. LC Rosario was in command and sat quietly in his chair waiting for results from the sensors.

“Their long range sensors will not detect us for another ten kilometres, although if anyone were to look in the direction of us they would see the flash of the gate working.” Said the sensor operator on the bridge.

“Good, we will wait for the other ships to arrive and then we shall converge on the systems central station in formation Zulu.” Replied Rosario.

As the other ships emerged from the gate, orders from Rosario were relayed to them and they quickly formed up. Once all eleven ships were in formation they began to move.

“Sir we have been detected by their long-range sensors, from our sensors I detect increased activity. One of the large vessels is turning to intercept us, if their communication systems are like ours we should come into contact ETA 5 minutes.” Spoke the sensor operator.

“I want all ships to stop once we come into communication range, also I don’t want any weapons systems powered, they could mistake it as an act of aggression. I would rather not want to screw up our first contact.” Rosario’s order was relayed to the other ships and once in range they slowed down to a stop.

“Open a audio-only channel on all frequencies until I deem it safe for video. Greetings I am Lieutenant Colonel Rosario McGuire aboard the United Terran Navies Ship, Peacemaker. We mean you no harm.” Rosario waited for a reply from the large vessel looming over him, he reckoned it was between a cruiser and dreadnought class ship but would not stand a chance against his ship and the other eight destroyers if a fight broke out.

After a slight pause that seemed like infinity to Rosario, the strange aquatic ship replied.

“Greetings, we are glad your intentions are not hostile but we must ask. Who are you? Where do you come from? I have not seen your race before although the word Terran is familiar; I shall send for the gonar priest currently on this ship.”

Rosario was not sure what a gonar was but was intrigued to know that they had heard of the word Terran before. He decided it was safe to open a video channel and did so. Rosario could not believe his eyes with what he witnessed next. The bridge crew of his ship and most probably of the others gasped with shock. The alien sitting at the chair looked like it was crossed between a humanoid and an octopus; this explained why the design of the alien ship was of aquatic origin. The alien also shocked.

“You look similar to the argons! Now I know why Terran was so familiar to me, your are the race that spawned the heroic Kyle Brennon and Elana Kho. I must send a message to everyone at once. This is a special day indeed, worthy of a place in history. I must ask you to wait here as representatives of my race and of the argon are already on their way here.”

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 18:42

Chapter 5- 3020 AD

Rosario could not believe his ears or his eyes, neither did everyone else. No one could have imagined that they would find where Kyle and Elana had gone over a century ago. The strange alien creature mentioned Kyle was heroic, what had he done? These questions from both races would soon be answered as flashes off towards the systems gates signalled the arrivals of these representatives the alien spoke of.

Before the representatives could come into communication range, Rosario learned that the creature he was talking to was from a race called the Boron. That there was in total seven main races and a minor race. These were the Argon, Boron, Teladi, Paranid, Split, Xenon, Khaak and the Yaki. The Xenon, Khaak and Yaki are hostile but the main races don’t have the resources to eradicate them and so they run rampant through the systems. The Xenon and the Khaak both tried galactic domination but Kyle and his son was responsible for stopping them, which explained why he was a hero.

Rosario and the Terran ambassadors that came with him shuttled over to the Argon One, the Argons version of a carrier class vessel. There they were led to a large room with a circular table seated at which were several aliens of Argon and Boron origin, they were the representatives the two races could organise in such a short time.

Rosario entered first and did the usual military stand-to-attention and salute, introducing himself and then to each of the ambassadors in turn. They sat down at the table facing the aliens who introduced themselves. An argon spoke first.

“It is indeed an honour to finally meet with the infamous Terrans of which the Gonars and Kyle always spoke of. Kyle never stopped trying to find a way back to his home but never succeeded. And now we have proof that you do exist and an apology from the x-universe should be given to the Gonars for they speak the truth. Before he died Kyle gave us a video journal that he wanted us to give to you if we ever found you. I am glad to present it to you and if you wish we may watch it now.”

The ambassadors agreed, intrigued to know what Kyle was like and to see what he would say. An argon placed the recording into a projector and it was played.

What was shown in the next few minutes shocked the humans to the core. Kyle spoke of the terraformers still around but in much greater force and complexity than before and probably will remember their creators. He warned they may come again to finish the job they started and terraform Earth. Kyle also talked about how much he missed home and how alien he felt in this ‘universe’. He said the argon and boron can be trusted with the argon being closer related to humans than many liked to believe. A recording of what he found in that asteroid in Chins Clouds and documents from argon archives in the Gonar temple also played giving amazement to the humans. The recording also gave all the known terraformer or ‘Xenon’ systems and of the entire discovered map so far.
The recording stopped and there was a awkward silence. The humans were in shock that the terraformers still existed and could attack any time. And the others were shocked with how much Kyle had given away and that the Xenon gave such an impact on the Terrans.

Finally Rosario spoke, but it was an order to one of the scribes that had came with the contingent, he did not give a single though to the aliens in the room.

“You there, I want you to take the following message back to HQ now. ‘First Contact’ success full stop. However they bring terrible news full stop. Terraformers still exist and reside in their network of systems full stop. Terraformers stronger and more organised than before full stop. Suggest immediate mobilisation of forces to strike before they know were here full stop. Suggest gate leading to Erucia to be destroyed to stop terraformers from gaining human held system coordinates full stop. Included in this report is a detailed map of the aliens known systems including terraformer held systems full stop.”

The scribe immediately got up and left to relay the message. The aliens looked even more shocked than before and stares of outrage gave way on their faces. One of the boron’s blurted out in anger.

“How dare you make such drastic measures, you have just arrived here in our universe? The Xenon have been around for as long as we can remember and from what Kyle said they appeared when you tricked them from attacking Earth. You started the Great War that killed tens of thousands of people and now you wish to start another war which will cause even more death and destruction?”

Rosario started at the boron until he sat back down at his chair. Rosario replied calmly but firmly.

“The Terraformers are our greatest enemy, the fear and anger they bring has been embedded into all human minds. You cannot expect us to acknowledge them and treat them as equals? We will destroy every last one of them before that happens. I’m sorry but I must return to find out what will be done about this new development. You will be contacted when a decision has been reached. Good day to you.”

Rosario stood up, saluted and left the room. The ambassadors continued in discussion with the angry aliens in hoping to calm them down and put them to reason.

However with the knowledge that the Terraformers were still around, humans could not ignore the call to extermination.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 21:23

Nice story, great time line. I can imagine the Boron in particular being angry about such radical intentions like exterminating the Xenon, even more so since the Ancients had asked them in the great war to save them from extinction.

Looking forward to the next part! :thumb_up:

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 22:28

nice update. so are eth humans now powerful enough to eradicate eth teraformers (xenon). or have they sprwead too wide for that.

Are they perchance in Kingdoms end?

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 21. Nov 06, 17:17

Well captain apart from the few pirates theres almost know threat to the human controled systems so they could concentrate there fleet without fear of dispersion. And well you will have to wait and see if they can take on the xenon :wink:

cheers guys for the support :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 6- 3020 AD

Rosario took his shuttle back to the Peacemaker to await his orders from high command. He knew the aliens would not be happy about this but that would not stop the humans destroying the terraformers. At least he hoped not! With no real enemy since they tricked the terraformers to leave it had seem pointless to keep a fleet but with fear they would return one day led humans through the greatest military technology breakthroughs since the 21st century.

Humans still fought each other, and rebellions and pirates still had to be quelled often enough for the UTN to keep a substantial space navy which increased with the colonization movement. Humans had more military experience than any of the x-universe races combined and they would use this to there advantage.

Peacemaker was bombarded with requests, demands and pleas to stop what they believed would happen but Rosario ignored them, he would only answer to his superiors. Finally a message was relayed to him on the bridge.

“Lieutenant Colonel Rosario, your orders are to destroy the alien side gate with normal procedures. Soon the UTNS Orbiter, a RAA (Research And Analyse) type frigate, will jump into the system you reside in. After completion of gate destruction your orders are to take two destroyers and a support vessel from your contubernium and protect the Orbiter as she completes her mission, her captain Commander Jeannine Valentine will fill you in on her mission. The rest of your contubernium are to proceed to the following coordinates. Goodluck sir.”

Rosario wasn’t sure what he would have to do but he knew he would do it. He decided to pick the UTNS Nomad’s Radiation, Devious Vision and Seeker's Safety to accompany him who was captained by Lieutenant Commander Davis Wagner, Ryan Kim and Captain Shon Dotson.

Once the rest of the ships had left on there own mission the UTNS Orbiter arrived in the system. It would be the last ship to use the ancient gate ever. Rosario was still being bombarded by communiqués from the aliens and now he decided to inform them of the immediate danger.

“This is Lieutenant Colonel Rosario McGuire of the United Terran Navy. We are about to destroy the gate leading to our system. I advise to anyone within 100km of the gate to move away as the shock wave can be quite powerful.”

With that Rosario ordered for the launch of a ‘gate-buster’. A missile powerful enough to destroy a gate. One of the technologies invented after colonization began, its purpose was to destroy gates that no longer served a purpose. It was considerably cheaper than to dismantle gates and a lot more human-like! A few minutes after launch and a point in space erupted into a flash of light so powerful that it would give a solar flare a run for its money. The ship shook with the dissipating shockwave but at this distance it was harmless.

Once the gate had gone Rosario called for the captains of his small contingent to meet him in the Peacemakers conference room at 15:00 hours. There they would discuss the upcoming mission.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 21. Nov 06, 21:46

Cripes, humans as brutal as ever. :D I wonder what will come of this. Not sure if the X races consider Rosario and his people trapped but then again, they wouldn't have stayed with as many ships as they did if that was the case. So what are they going to do? Dec;are war on them? Let them do what they think they have to? Try to negotiate? ...

Looking forward to the next part. :thumb_up:

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 00:12

Im afraid your going to have to speculate as im saying ntohing :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 7- 3020 AD

At 15:00 hours Rosario sat in the conference room on the Peacemaker with three of the captains. There was idle chit chat and speculation for what was in store while they waited for the captain of the Orbiter to arrive. She arrived and made her apology for being slightly late. Then with the look of expectation on their faces she knew she would have to speak first.

“Well I’m sure your all wondering what I am doing here and why you are here also. Lieutenant Colonel Rosario I’m sure has told you what he knows but that won’t be enough for what’s in store for us. Here is a map of the alien system network. (A projector in the middle of the table lights up emitting the map) As you can see Terraformer held systems are in red. From what they know, there are seven of these systems. My mission is to survey these without detection to find out the following priorities. What is their strength and are they in a position to threaten our existence? How far advanced are they in technology compared to our own? Are there any more systems controlled by them?
Your mission is to make sure these priorities go about unhindered and to protect me, my crew and my ships.”

Jeannine sat down and waited. The other captains were busy in thought studying the alien map and thinking up plans to help aid her mission. She had been brought up properly enough to know when to be patient and so she waited until Captain Shon Dotson finally broke the silence and spoke.

“I know I am only the supplier and that I do not have the military or scientifically state of mind that the rest of you have. However I do know enough to know our first problem. Supplies. I’ve been in my profession for many years now and I know when or if to expect our own side to give us the needed supplies so a question is where are we going to get them from? I’m sure HQ will supply us with what we need time to time, but at other we will have to fend for ourselves.”

Shon had raised an interesting issue, it would mean they would have to trade for alien equipment and food when needed to, and that meant having good relations with them. However at this moment in time the argons and the borons are not happy and so trade seems unlikely with them. The only other option would be the other main races. Earlier on during first contact the aliens had mentioned the system they are currently in is called Lucky Planets. From looking at the map the closest terraformer system is ‘Xenon 101’. Unfortunately this map did not give the coordinates of each sector (The aliens probably didn’t want them to know because of there plans.) and so travelling to the system would be done the old fashioned way.

Rosario had made his decision of what he thought they should do. He stood up ready to leave, signalling that they should do also.

“Well I think we should check out ‘Xenon 101’ first. The quickest route would be from here up to ‘Aladna Hill’. Once past here we shall be in the pirate sectors and so hopefully we should be left alone. I have a funny feeling that the Argon and Boron may try to stop us wherever and whenever they can. Dismissed.”

They left the conference room and back to their ships. Rosario plotted in the course and the ships made they way towards Xenon 101.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:19

Dont suppose theres a thread which tell you how to make x-universe names? Im not really sure what each races names would be liked (havnt played x in awhile) and so for teh momen the first alien name is well crap lol. Id appreciated it if someone could help lol

Chapter 8- 3020 AD

At the time Rosario was thinking all business in the conference room but now that he sat in his command chair while his contingent of ships travelled through Light of Heart, he realised how good looking Jeannine was. She was tall, taller than him and slender. She had an ass walk and a very fine ass indeed. She had shoulder length brown hair which suited her hazel eyes and fine facial features. But as he sat there thinking about her, she was also thinking about him on her ship.

A bridge crewman jogged Rosario back into reality when they were about to travel through the gate to Aladna Hill. So far he had been receiving so many communiqués asking who and what he was that he had switched it off due to its annoyance but just as they was about to jump he turned it back on as he had a funny feeling about the upcoming system. And he would be right.

Upon entering the system the sensors went nuts. The systems they had travelled through so far had been fairly quiet but Aladna Hill had a lot of activity, normally Rosario would have dismissed it thinking this system must be a good place for commerce however the sensor and visual indication of a small fleet blocking the west gate brought him concern.

“All ships full stop. Ryan I want you to move in front of the Oribter and stay there. Shon I want you to move behind the Oribter and stay there. David I want you to patrol around all three ships. And I want all three of you to stay behind me. Continue towards the west gate at normal speed, I don’t want them to think we feel threatened by their presence.”

The ships quickly moved into formation with fine precision that couldn’t be matched lightly. As they approached the gate Rosario was hailed by the lead ship of the opposing ships, this time he knew not to ignore and accepted. A hard faced argon sitting in a command chair similar to Rosario’s flashed onto the screen.

“I am Captain Orval of the Argon Navy. My orders are to stop you from coming into contact with the Xenon and I assure you it would not be wise to try and stop me from achieving my mission.”

Rosario had a smile on his face, he knew this argon’s scanners could not penetrate the anti-scanning technology which was built into every Terran ship and so knew he would not be able to tell what firepower Rosario had. Rosario would use this to his advantage.

“Captain, I know you have been trying to scan my ships to find out their specifications, and I know you failed. It is not wise to underestimate that you don’t know. So I suggest you move aside and let me pass like a good man. It would be in your best interests not to interfere.”

Rosario noticed the argon’s face twitched slightly, a sign that he knew this. But Orval would not give up.

“I am in command of two titans, a colossus, four centaurs and whatever fleet of fighters the colossus contains. That is more firepower than you could possibly match. So I will ask again. Turn around and go back to where you came from.”

Rosario sighed. He did not have the time to waste with this alien. Writing a message on a datapad, he gave it to a crewmember which then sent the message to the other ships. Terran ships were all able to communicate with eachother without outsiders knowing.

“Well I would sit here and keep chatting; however I have a busy schedule, many terraformer systems to survey. Goodday to you.”

And before the argon could reply Rosario switched the channel off. He ordered the ships to implement his message and before Orval could react the Terran ships disappeared with a flash of light and reappeared behind him next to the gate where they quickly jumped through to the system beyond.

Orval was furious and ordered for ships to follow them and not let them escape. But he already knew they had gone. Evan so he was still amazed at how precise and quick they were able to jump behind him. He would take a mental note of this for later encounters.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 20:49

Chapter 9- 3020 AD

Everyone gave a sigh of relief; it seemed that the argon at least would try to stop them as much as they could. This wouldn’t be much of a problem Rosario thought; Terran technology was superior in every way and once the Terran big guns would arrive on the scene the argons would defiantly decide to stop interfering, he hoped.

After evading the ships sent by Orval, Rosario and his team sat within sensor range of the gate leading to Xenon 101, Jeannine got straight business as terraformer ships were constantly milling around the gate shooting at anything that came with range.

An ensign gave Rosario a datapad. He was to meet on the Orbiter for Jeannine’s first report along with the other captains. He shuttled over straight away and met in the Orbiter’s conference room with the others. Jeannine started on her report.

“Right well now everyone’s here I can get cracking. I thought this would take longer but thanks to Ensign Cantrell we was able to hack into Orval’s ship database which contained a database on all the known ship types all the races have and what they know of these ship types. And so with that and our initial scanning we’ve got a good idea on terraformer fighters. The Terraformers have four fighter variants which have been designated as M5, M4, M3 and M3+ called the N, M, L and LX. From looking at the database they are pretty much matched with the races ships which would explain why neither has gain a foothold on each other.
The races fighters are also in the M5, M4 etc designations but with a lot more variety. On paper our fighters could handle these easily, but in actual combat I’m not sure how they would fair, from the records terraformer combat style was a copy of ours but it may have changed with facing these other races.
For a more accurate estimation on their fighting ability, which is why I’m here for, would be to have a skirmish with them. However using our own fighters would only alert them to our presence which we can’t afford to do yet. So I suggest we ‘acquire’ a race ship to do it instead.”

Jeannine was smiling at the thought but Davis was concerned.

“We have already upset two of the races, I wouldn’t suggest upsetting anymore by stealing one of there fighters… Although saying that we are in a ‘pirate’ system and from our scans the pirates use similar ships to the races. Then at least I don’t think the races would mind if we stole a pirate ship, we would be doing them a favour.”

The others new this was a good idea. Unlike the races designs, all Terran ships of destroyer size or bigger had fighters, used to help defend the ship against multiple targets. The Peacemaker was able to carry three of such fighters, the Orbiter carried two and each of the destroyers carried one. It was decided four of the seven available fighters would be assigned to capture a decent pirate ship. Orders were sent off straight away and the captains returned to their respective ships.

Four Atmosphere Space Interceptors (ASI) class fighters took off and headed for a lone Pirate Nova Raider which was traversing the system. They hoped the pirate wouldn’t be foolish enough to not surrender but of course it didn’t. After a very brief dogfight the pirate gave up finally realising he was being foolish. The Nova was intact but certain ‘modifications’ would be needed to make it battle ready again, it was towed to the Seeker’s Safety where Shon and a team of engineers began to strip the ship of its inferior technology and refitted with superior Terran tech. The ships old equipment would be taken away for analysis and the chosen pilot was made familiar with the controls. After a quick spin to check it out, Pilot Elena Skinner was given the go ahead and she made her way to the south gate.

At the time two ‘Xenon’ M’s were patrolling the gate when Elena pounced on them, as suspected they thought she was an Argon and were oblivious to the enhanced technology. Sure enough Terran weapons and shield technology were effective and inkling into how the terraformers fought was taken out of the encounter. After the two ships debris began to drift Elena made her way back to the Seeker’s Safety.

Now they had to travel into Xenon 101.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 25. Nov 06, 12:28

Nice one. A Super Nove :D Looks like they sure have p***ed off the Argon and Boron. Perhaps that is good when dealing with the Split, perhaps not. Certainly the Teladi will take comfort in this as they can make big bucks.

Regarding the naming conventions, there should be a thread from HelgeK on here that has more detail. With Argon you have almost free hand of what you want to call them, Split names are usually split into two by an apostrophe followed by a syllable starting with t ('t). Paranid have always the 'royal' (I think) 'nck' toward the end of their name. If you are uncertain, just pm HelgeK ;)

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 16:51

Cheers mate ive pmed him :). Ah well im afraid im going to have to be naughty and leave you to speculate :twisted:

Chapter 10- 3020 AD

The plan was for the Nova to travel in 101 to acquire its special coordinates so that the fleet could jump in to survey the sector. If they were to be discovered surprise would be lost and there would be more casualties. However the UTNS Orbiter was designed to be stealthy, using special sensors that can’t be detected. Stealth technology had come a long way from the infamous F-17 Nighthawk in the 21st century although still scientists had not achieved perfect invisibility, but it was near perfect.

The captains were once again in the conference room of the Orbiter, Ryan had put forward this plan and it was approved of by the others. Pilot Skinner would again fly the Nova but all she needed to do was jump in, wait for the onboard computer to calculate the coordinates and jump back. As she departed on her mission Jeannine readied the Orbiter so that it could convert to stealth mode as soon as it jumped in.

The Nova reappeared and transmitted the coordinates, as it came into to dock at Seeker’s Safety the Orbiter disappeared with a flash of light.

Once appearing far from the centre of the system, the Orbiter went into to stealth mode, deactivating all ship operations accept its sensors. They would analyse the date they would collect later.

The system contained only one station, which possibly acted like the central station in Lucky Planets. It was almost solid apart from the docking bay. This was strange as structures the terraformers were programmed to build were designed for human use but this station could not possible support life, it seemed to be one big robot as the terraformers had no physical body, but just a ‘brain’ built into ships and obviously these stations aswell.

It was known that they had gateless-drive technology, as humans had taken the technology from them but on scanning the ships no drive was detected. Perhaps they had abandoned the technology when their jumpship had failed in the Sol System.

Compared to the other races, this system had a large number of ‘capital ships’ and there was literally hundreds of fighters. If the other terraformer systems were similar to this setup than the battles would be huge, engulfing hundreds of ships and thousands of men in every sector.

The data so far collected would prove useful, several new ships had been recorded and would be analysed for battle effectiveness. Several new theories have been formalised and would be sent back to HQ for analysis also.
But before the Orbiter could probe deeper, a scout was detected travelling directly in there direction. With no choice they had to jump out of the system to avoid recognition and complete detection.

Now with the information sent off to HQ, the Orbiter would begin to analyse the data itself during the journey to the next system to be surveyed. A system called Xenon 357.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 19:24

Good read. So did the Xenon detect them or was it just a by chance event that the scout travelled in the Orbiter's direction?

Looking forward to the next part. :thumb_up:

Return to “Creative Universe”