[SCRIPT] Attack Target of...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Attack Target of...

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 16:24

[Readme] . [Bug Tracker] . [Download]

Script: Attack Target Of...
Scripter: Xai Corporation
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-ATO

The Attack Target of command is the same type of command as the protect... command. It causes a ship to fly in formation with a lead ship, and will attack the same target as the lead ship during combat. Unlike the protect command, ships using the attack target off command will not wait for the lead ship to come under fire before attacking.

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 16:47

Very usefull, i've been wanting this since the game was released :D

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 17:02

should have stopped by Xai Corporation. I released it months ago. I just hadn't realised I hadn't posted it here until today :roll:

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 06:53

Hi moggy2 (is there a moggy1?),

I've installed this ship for a while, but had to remove it just recently due to its conflicting with the new release of XTM, however, the command "Attack Target of" still exists in my command menu. Does the command itself "vanishes", so to speak, after I remove it with the plugin manager?

I also have the Fight Command Software MKIII installed along with XTM - one of them seem to introduce exactly the same command in another Xia Coporation script, so I wasn't sure if the "Attack Target of..." command was left over or newly introduced.

Thanks!

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 13:46

My Command Software MK3 introduces the command "Attack target of...", but there's no incompatibility with the XTended Mod, as I'm using it myself.

Every command has to be set every time you load a game, so if there's no setup script, the commands won't appear in the Command Menu.

btw: The FCS MK3 uses exactly the same command slot as moggy2's command... in quite the same way, afaik. The only change is the link to the MK3 AI.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 11. Jun 07, 14:24

The XaiCorp Group Management System does offer the "Attack target of .." too, although a bit hidden among other functionality. Thus, the standalone XaiCorp "Attack target of .." is sort of redundant at this point. Whether GMS has less or more conflicts with XTended, I do not know.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 12. Jun 07, 03:00

Ah, well mystery revealed, X-Freak. Thanks. Oh, and I'm aware that your script is compatible with XTM ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”