[SCRIPT] Trade Commands V2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

This script is...

pointless
13%
interesting, but I wont use it
43%
usefull
43%

Total votes: 30

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Trade Commands V2

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 22:21

[Readme] . [Bug Tracking] . [Download]

Script: Trade Commands V2
Author: Xai Corporation
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/project/fixTradeCmds

Update the getware and sellware commands so that they can be repeated a specified number of times, or indefinately
  • After installing this script the ''getware'' and ''sellware'' trade commands will be updated so that they can be set to repeat a number of times.

To use these commands the ship needs to have the ''Trade Command Software Mk1'' installed, which is standard on all TS ships, and it must have a homebase assigned. To run the command you select a target station and ware, as you would normally, then you set the number of times to repeat the trade run. If you enter ''0'' as the number of repeats then the ship will repeat the run indefinately.

R.Styles
x3tc

Post by R.Styles » Mon, 16. Oct 06, 01:02

Why the buy ware doesn't do this indefinatly I'll never figure out, yet sell ware for best price does, hm.
Never have completly figured the Comodity Logistics Software out.
thanks.

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Mon, 3. May 10, 13:22

Hopefully this wont count as thread necromancy. I read the rules and it said to post any questions in the relevant thread so here goes.

Im running x3 reunion and this script sounds perfect for what I need. Problem is I cant get it working. I have downloaded it through zipgenius and am doing what the instructions say (downloading by zip file then extract the 6 scripts into the scripts folder). But I cant get it to work. Its not coming up in mod packages and I've tried the "therewillbewings" thing but nothing.

Am I right in thinking that if this mod has loaded properly once you select 'sell wares' and then chose the station and ware you wish to sell there should be another screen to input the amount of times sold?

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Mon, 3. May 10, 19:32

athelos wrote:Am I right in thinking that if this mod has loaded properly once you select 'sell wares' and then chose the station and ware you wish to sell there should be another screen to input the amount of times sold?
Yes, that what should happen. Do you have ''Trade Command Software Mk1'' installed on the ship you are using?
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Mon, 3. May 10, 20:20

Yes, that what should happen. Do you have ''Trade Command Software Mk1'' installed on the ship you are using?
Yes I do. I thought maybe it might be a limit on the type of ship I was using but it doesnt work on any ship I have....

Do you have it loaded on your game? Its just that when you start x3 reunion you get the load screen with options like graphics, check for updates, etc. This mod that I have unzipped isnt coming up in the mod package option. Do you need to select it or does it automatically start working?

athelos
x3

Thereshallbewings...... I think not my friend!

Post by athelos » Tue, 4. May 10, 23:03

So I've been having troubles getting a script to work (trade commands fix v2). Just hasnt been running for whatever reason. So I thought I'd start again.

Just deleted the scripts involved. Went into my game and done the Thereshallbewings thing as I couldnt remember whether I had done it on this particular save yet. Saved in a new slot and quit. Went to re-load and it wouldnt... Sat there for ages just on the loading screen. I hit ctr, alt, del and it was not responding. The game before I activated the Thereshallbewings thing works fine but the one after it is activated doesn't. So heres the question. What happens if you do this twice? Does it cause the game to crash at loading like I'm experiencing? I cant 100% remember if I done it or not on the older game save.

Hope this makes sense.

P.S.

Also, when doing the wings thing for a script, do you have to load the script first and then change the name, or change the name first? Or does it matter what way its done? I ask as I really want to get back to the game and want to sort this faulty script out. :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Wed, 5. May 10, 01:44

Ok so heres an update. I've tried all sorts but heres the end result.

Got to the point where I couldnt even recover from ctrl alt del and was having to restart my computer. So I deleted the scripts again and started a new game. I changed my name to Thereshallbewings and docked at a station which autosaved. I then completely quit and then went back onto it and it was fine. So I loaded the save from my real game and it loaded fine. I reloaded the script and what do ya know it wont load anymore. So to me this sounds like a problem with the script maybe?

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Wed, 5. May 10, 01:46

*double post sorry*
Last edited by athelos on Wed, 5. May 10, 10:14, edited 2 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. May 10, 07:42

athelos wrote:So to me this sounds like a problem with the script maybe?
Script or its installation are the usual suspects.

However, the Forum Posting Rules clearly tell you to ask this question in the thread of the script. It really helps everybody. Now I can only guess what is "trade commands fix v2". Guess of lock. I'll try the guess. :)

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Wed, 5. May 10, 10:28

However, the Forum Posting Rules clearly tell you to ask this question in the thread of the script. It really helps everybody. Now I can only guess what is "trade commands fix v2". Guess of lock. I'll try the guess.
The thread that came from was a separate thread with a different question about the Thereshallbewings thing. It was only slightly related to this one in that because of this problem I was asking that question. But it was still a different question from this. I still haven't got an answer from it either so my problem could possibly stand. :(
Script or its installation are the usual suspects.
I cant see how I've installed it wrong. It has about 6 scripts in it that, if downloaded in zip form, just need to be extracted to the scripts folder. Doesnt say anything else.

On that note I think I am going to give it up. Which is a shame because the game was just getting interesting but this problem, while not big enough to be a game breaker is just big enough to be really irritating.

If anyone has a solution then I'll happily take it and I'll keep checking back just in case. But untill then (and untill x3 TC comes in the post). Bye

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Wed, 5. May 10, 17:29

This is the correct thread for the script in question. athelos was wanted to know if he was installing it wrong. He didn't.

I used to use this script for X3:R vanilla and the XTM mod. It worked as it was supposed to do.

Then I started a new game after I un-installed the game and installing it again with Reunion, XTM and the Plugin Manager in their updated versions. After an hour or so into the game stopped. Ctrl-alt-del didn't work so I rebooted my rig. Restarting the game from the last save didn't work. It just hung at the loading screen.

I started removing scripts one-by-one. It was until I removed the six files of this script from the Script folder did the game started to work again.

The cause cannot be from the XTM mod or from conflicts with other scripts as I can't it to work with X3:R v1, my box version, with no other scripts installed.

I don't know why this script no longer works. The only thing I think of is that XP SP3 which I installed before I re-installed the game is the cause, but that is just a supposition.
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:06

Well, yes, the "how to activate the Script Editor" is discussed in the Tutorial Sticky rather than in thread of particular script. I would assume that the attempt to rename your character to "Thereshallbewings" does nothing but enables the UI for the Script Editor, and that re-enabling an already activated SE does nothing in practice. If I were a Dev, I'd make the rename special case to set variable "SEenabled" to "true", and have other parts of the game check on that variable.

I wonder whether these scripts do depend on game features, or call stock game scripts that exist only in specific game versions, i.e. have changed between patches? Does not sound likely.

The script does override/replace stock commands without replacing their files. It must therefore do the rebind-command-symbol-to-new-script in its initialization file. The "leaky loop" could be there.

Furthermore, these commands are executed only explicitly, unless you already have a ship on "0" infinite repeat. If you do have such, it should have some of its code cached in the savegame. And there could be a conflict between the cached version and the files.

XP update ... rather unlikely culprit. Audio codecs ... those could cause trouble, but this script is not terribly verbose, is it?

However, and this is the big one: For what purpose do you want to use this script for?

The Commodity Logistics scripts (available in Bonuspack) do something similar, and are thus an alternative.

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Wed, 5. May 10, 20:52

However, and this is the big one: For what purpose do you want to use this script for?
The problem I have in my game is that I have an alpha IRE forge in Omicron Lyrae. It has a transporter to get its resources which is running off station automate and a discoverer to sell the products to the ED in two grand. Problem is, I went exploring and after getting to the sector Ianamus Zura now and then it'll try to sell to the ED there, instead of Two grand. This means my little M5 has to go through a xenon sector and eventually gets itself killed. What I needed was this to get a simple sell loop set up to avoid that happening.

Ive looked at CAG and I know I could use that but I could not get my head around the whole setup of it (inputing numbers, etc). Also I think its overkill to have to train a pilot and eventually pay him just to have a sell command like this. Alot of fuss for basically nothing. As for CLS, I'm not sure I can get the result I want from that... Or can I?

By the sounds of it this script is no longer working for whatever reason. If there is another one that does something similar or locks the sector out, etc that would be great. But I suppose I will have to do that in another thread.

Sorry to have been a pain and thank you for all the help.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 5. May 10, 23:44

The CAG can do that, in many ways too. In principle, a CAG without Jumpdrive should not fly through Xenon, because they are Foe by default.

Or you could enter config '4' '10' '4'. The config command asks three different inputs. (10,4) is the index of Two Grand. The jumprange could be 0, and then the ship would only trade in Two Grand.

CLS Mk2 can do the job too. Waypoints:
1. Buy some IRE from Omicron forge.
2. Sell some IRE at TG dock.
3. (If jumping, refuel at Omicron forge.)

But the CLS2 configuration is more scary looking than the CAG.
Spoiler
Show
CLS2 can be set to sell to a Dock that does not stock the ware. Almost non-documented feature.

athelos
x3

Post by athelos » Thu, 6. May 10, 19:09

As I said in my previous post I didnt want to set it up as a CAG. I havent started using them and the reasons why I dont want to start quite yet in this case are there. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I've just resigned myself to doing it manually. I cant find another script/mod that does quite the same as this script. Shame I'm not a computer wizard otherwise I would look through this one to find out why its no longer working. I tried going to the website to contact the creator but couldnt find a contact address... Oh well.

Dragonlord27

Post by Dragonlord27 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 01:39

so is it safe to say that NO ONE has figured this script out? I had this script about 2 years ago and it was working flaulessly...no problums whats so ever. Now I reinstall the game and get back into just to find out that the one and only script I ever downloaded and really enjoyed no longer works?

The thing that sucks to most is that I worked great. And I now know what I am missing and the game just isn't as much fun. :evil:

Why does Xia-Corp not fix it (though for him he may not know it needs fixing and with all the scripts he has made its hard to keep up with all of them but still.) If anyone has figured this out yet and has it working please post if not I will do some deep digging and see how I got it to work a few years ago....though it may just be I had a diffrent version of it.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 17:28

You need also to install the Station Upgrades Framework to get this script to work.

One of the 6 .xml files in the Trade Command Mk2 script is called setup.Xai.st.SUF.xml. On a whim I installed the Station Upgrade Framework script and the Trade Command Mk2 script as been working perfectly ever for me ever since.

Dragonlord27

Post by Dragonlord27 » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 22:54

OK SWEET yeah I found out that when I deleted the setup.Xia.st.SUF.xml the game loaded but the commands didn't work. So I know it had to be something about that one command. Thanks for your help I will download the station upgrade framework and see how it goes. Thanks again.

****Edit****

Yep it works great now.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”