Xenon Reborn: Prologue

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

The_Hypo
x3tc

Xenon Reborn: Prologue

Post by The_Hypo » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 04:18

Ok guys and gals, I have the prologue of my first ever story right here for you to read. I dont need to tell you I am immensly nervous about sending this out there but I am.

C&C welcome and probably needed :wink:

========

Prologue

A blinding flash of light swept through Xenon sector 472 blinding all unlucky enough to set their gaze on it. From the flash emerged a ship at an amazingly fast speed unfortunately for this mystery ship a raptor carrier was directly in its flight path, whether the pilot was unable to turn the ship in time or simply didn’t see the two kilometre long ship looming ahead of it is of no consequence as it hit the side of the carrier and was almost crushed while ripping a 10 metre deep hole in the massive ships hull.

Elsewhere in the sector a mamba raider was attempting to tear away from a small armada of xenon scout ships, commonly called N’s. The raider’s rear gun started firing its mass driver reducing its targets to floating garbage in mere seconds but still the little scouts came, like stinging ants alone they wont hurt too much but together they can do real damage.

“Guys, a little help would be great!” exclaimed the pilot.

“What? Cant you handle a few N’s?” laughed another voice over the wireless.

“Not when there’s twelve of them chasing me making it impossible for me to stay in one place long enough to kill any of them!” the pilot hissed.

“Fine, but you owe me one.”

The second mamba rushed in from above firing his eight high energy plasma throwers cutting half of the N’s to pieces.

“Can you take care of the rest or do you want me to call for some artillery?” the second pilot smirked.

“Yeah, yeah I’ll be fine from here”

The entire sector was a battleground of enormous proportions, with 90 Mambas, 2 carriers and 3 destroyers, in fact the entirety of the Blade Corporations offensive fleet. Against 36 Xenon K destroyers, 5 J class Carriers and an unthinkable number of fighters, all but chump change to the Xenon.

After the battle the Blade Corporations fleet, heavily damaged but lossless as usual, makes its way to the shipyard at Omicron Lyrae. The Hope, flagship of the fleet, leads them into the safety of the docking berths in the shipyard where their ships can be repaired the crew relaxed and your wallet lightened.

The 10 meter deep hole however was to be left for the regular crew of the Hope to investigate, repair and hopefully salvage anything left of the crashed vessel.

“This is repair team alpha to CIC”

“Command Information Centre, we read you loud and clear”

“It appears that the ship that crashed here was almost totally destroyed, but the main cockpit seems to be intact, if a bit banged up.” Reported Chief engineer John Hamelton.

“This is Commander Drew Kelly, to the chief; begin opening the hatch to the cockpit.”

“This is Chief Hamelton; I’m opening the hatch…”

“Inside the cockpit is what appears to be an Argon woman who is injured quite badly, sir she’s been here for hours I recommend we beam her straight to the infirmary.”

The Argon woman fades out in a blue haze and the chief begins checking the computers for any sigh that they’re still operational.

“The computers don’t seem to have any power, sir I recommend moving the wreckage to one of the cargo bays”

After a brief pause the CO agreed and sent out a retrieval team. Meanwhile the unknown woman is treated for several broken bones, severe internal bleeding and a concussion.

Several hours later the Commander pay’s a visit to the downed ships pilot in the medical bay.

“Hey, I’m Alexandra, call me Lex”

“Why Lex?” asked Commander Kelly.

“Alexandra is too long for my liking” replied Lex.

“So since your talking I assume you didn’t die” Kelly joked.

“Well, I wouldn’t be to sure” she answered, unsure of herself.

“What do you mean?”

“She means that she has amnesia, sorry to barge in…” Said the doctor, suddenly realising who he was talking to” Sir…”

Kelly just smiled and said “You’re new on the ship, Doctor…Maclaren?”

“Call me Mac sir, everybody does”

“Ok so, getting back to me, what’s the prognosis Doc?” Lex interjected.

“Oh, of course,” Mac began “Well to start you’re now in perfect health, apart from the amnesia that is, but you will have to rest for a few days and you’ll need to stay for observation I’ll keep you here for about 3 days.”

“Sounds good to me” Lex yawned.

“Well that’s taken care of then,” Kelly started “I assume with your amnesia you don’t remember anything about the ship you buried into us?”

“Buried?” Lex asked, clearly confused at the question.

“Well it was about 10 metres inside the ship when we pulled you out of it”

“OH! Was anyone hurt?” She gasped.

“Fortunately not as that area was the mess hall and since we were in battle no one was using it, if you’d hit us an hour later…” Said Kelly, grim faced.

“Phew, dodged a bullet there” she grinned.

“A ship actually” Smiled Kelly.

The next day in the infirmary Lex, Mac and Kelly are playing blackjack

“Hit me”

Lex places a card in front of Kelly.

“Damn, 22”

“I’ll stay at 20” Mac stated

“I’ll hit” then Lex pulls out a card from the deck “21” she gloated.

“How do you keep beating us?” Mac asked slightly stunned.

“How do you keep losing?” she responded smugly.

“We keep getting high numbered cards” Mac said dryly.

This was their 7th game and Lex had won them all, of course what Mac and Kelly didn’t realise was that she had shuffled the cards in a way so that she knew which cards were coming so could easily win each game. Unknown to anyone else this was a high stakes game for her as she needed to know as much as possible about this new world she was in if she was to have any chance of surviving. So far she had learned about the credit grubbing lizard people called the Teladi, the peaceful boron who are the most scientifically advanced of the five main races and live underwater, to interact with the other species they have constructed humanoid shaped environment suits to use in our atmosphere. She had also found out about the hateful split, who hold contempt for almost all life but if you can befriend one they will do anything in their power to help you, if it doesn’t clash with their agendas, they are also incredibly strong compared with an average Argon or ‘human’ as they had now taken to calling themselves. The last race she had learned about were the Paranid, a highly religious race who view all the other races as inferior.

“The sixth race…” Kelly started.

“Wait, sixth? I thought you said there was only five?” asked Lex.

“There are”

“But…”

“…only five main races” Kelly finished.

“Oh…you should have said that.” A slightly embarrassed Lex mumbled.

“Anyway, the sixth race are called the Xenon, they were one of the most formidable races we’ve ever encountered. They were originally robotic terraformers sent out by the planet earth, the original home of us Argon, 822 years ago they received a flawed update which caused them to try and terraform the inner planets of earths solar system. Naturally this starts a war with them, one that decimates the human race, the only reason we weren’t wiped out was because the few remaining ships in the system banded together and lured them through the earth jumpgate which was then destroyed cutting the fleet off from earth.” Kelly paused trying to think what happened next, he’d only recently learned of this information as he was taught that earth was a myth and until recently he had no doubt about it, until they made contact with the terrans, who interestingly released their historical data and a large amount of media from the 19th and 20th century. He had particularly taken an interest in an artist called Bon Jovi.

Realising that he had started thinking a bit off track he resumed “One hundred and eighty four years later the terraformers reappear but as earth’s memory has been all but erased from Argon history people do not recognise these obviously hostile species as terraformers so are dubbed Xenon. The Xenon start numerous bloody wars and eventually develop a ‘planet killer’ ship. The ship was destroyed and the Xenon were driven back into the depths of interstellar space, for some reason the Xenon have decided to hang back in their sectors for a few years now we don’t know why.”

“They don’t sound particularly friendly” Lex said, more to herself than to anyone.

“Well if you don’t like those guys you’ll hardly like the Khaak.” Kelly stated.

“The what-now?”

“The Khaak, they appeared out of nowhere about two and a half years ago and killed over half a million people in just a few minutes, there was even two titans in the sector at the time and they were washed away by the storm of their weapons. As soon as everything in the sector was dead or dying they left.”

“Half a million in minutes?” Lex exclaimed.

“Soon after they sent small clustered fighter groups to terrorise the rest of the universe, the casualty lists are massive, a few days after they attacked Omicron Lyrae en mass with a planet killer of their own. Fortunatly a few brave people managed to destroy the massive ship before it could destroy the planet.” He paused so he could calm himself “Then two years later once the Argon fleet had been reduced to thirty percent and the Paranid had secretly constructed a gate to an unknown location, which amazingly turned out to be earth, they attacked with a large number of destroyers and a whole mess of fighters trying to destroy the gathered ships and newly activated jumpgate, they were stopped but most of the ships were heavily damaged or destroyed, further reducing our ability to defend ourselves.”

“I really don’t like those guys.”

“No, me either.” Stated Kelly sombrely.
Last edited by The_Hypo on Wed, 30. Aug 06, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 12:13

intresting start. i wonder where lex is from.

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 20:39

mabe shes a xenon that looks like a human...

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:41

A very good start

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 22:46

Nice one, Hypo! I like the reference to Bon Jovi :D

It is indeed interesting to see where Lex is from. Considering the title she could, as Kurt suggested, be Xenon. I guess we will find out eventually.

Looking forward to the next part! :thumb_up:

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:38

Thanks guys! :D I'm relieved that you like it.

If all goes according to plan things could get interesting, especially the next chapter :wink:

It might take a month or so as i can only wright when i'm feeling inspired, (and have access to the argonopedia).

Thanks guys :D (i'm just going to keep saying that are'nt I? :lol: )

Bye :)

The Zig
x3tc

Post by The Zig » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:43

Interesting start! Good mystery around Lex, I wanna know where she's from! So I take it she doesn't really have 'amnesia'?!

One tiny thing that I'll point out cos I get off on being a really annoying person!!
'witch' - is a woman who cackles as she flies around on a broom with a black cat and a pointy hat; 'which' is the word you wanted.

There's lots of dialogue which is great for style - dialogue keeps things moving, builds character, and holds interest like nothing else. I like that a lot! Keep that up! Nicknames are great, they add a nice dimension - I suppose this can be a good way of hinting what kind of person a character's going to be! Cool.

So where's Lex from? Curious. Time will tell I guess. Yeah... good start!

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 00:58

The Zig wrote: 'witch' - is a woman who cackles as she flies around on a broom with a black cat and a pointy hat; 'which' is the word you wanted.
Fixed. and another lil bit which noone noticed :)

Bye :)

Return to “Creative Universe”