Red Glow - Chapter 21 (COMPLETED: 03.09.2006)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

KiwiNZ
x4

Red Glow - Chapter 21 (COMPLETED: 03.09.2006)

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 11:47

Hi chaps. Here is the first part of chapter 21. You may wonder what too me so long after stating that the whole chapter was more or less done mid-week ... well, did have a few things to sort and didn't get around to reading through the lot before now. :oops: :D

UPDATE:

Part 2 posted under ======
COMPLETED under ++++++

------------------

A few moments later Ashoka materialised in a dark sector, full of asteroids. If there had ever been a sun illuminating this system, it must have exploded a long time ago. The only source of light was a weak red glow at the far Eastern edge. Like an everlasting sunset it’s light gave the sector at the same time an ambient of imminent apocalypse as that of most beautiful and enchanting romance.

Where did they end up? Arox had not announced the name upon arrival. In fact, Arox did not say a word at all.

“Arox? Where are we?”

Silence.

It was Tagor who answered the question. “If I am not mistaken then we ended up in …”

“Enemies inbound! Taking defensive action.”

His words were cut short by Arox’ announcement, rapid acceleration and a sharp turn of the ship. The ship jerked to the side and then up before anybody could react. Both, Val and Tagor, struggled breathing under the sudden surge in gravity. Looking at the gravidar, Val turned pale. A large number of hostile signatures were visible and not a moment later all turrets of the corvette started firing randomly in a desperate fight for survival. Firing at what? Val could not see any ships.

“Where are they?! Arox! I can’t see any ships!”

“Everywhere, check the gravidar. Cloaked.”

Val turned her eyes back to the gravidar, never had she seen so many ships in one place. There was no way they could win this fight!

“Arox, abort! Turn around! We have to leave the sector now! Get us out of here!”

While shouting the commands she tried to activate manual control but it did not activate. The ship still jerked from one side to the other, only just missing the gate.

It was unclear what Arox had picked up, neither Val nor Tagor could see any ships. All that was visible was their own laser fire at an invisible enemy.

Frantically Val hacked commands into the terminal. It took several never-ending mizuras until the ship’s motion stabilised. With a sigh of relief Val looked up and screamed out. The Dragon headed straight for one of the nacelles of the gate. Still, manual control could not be activated. She returned to changing code feverishly and sezuras before impact controls came alive and Tagor pulled the yoke to the side. With wide-open eyes both of them expected to crash any moment. Then they had passed the gate.

“That was close. What did you do?”

“I deactivated Arox. Meaning we are completely blind, have limited manoeuvring and no weapons control. Sitting duck is what the Goners call it.”

“Well, nobody is firing at us, which is good for a start, I guess.”

“True, but now we have to see what we can do about getting out of this dilemma.” Val opened a console and started reading the ship logs. “I have no idea what caused that malfunction but it was serious enough to almost get us killed. Hopefully there will be a few anomalies in the logs that give an indication. Anyway, better put the helmet on. It is going to get pretty cold shortly and oxygen will be used up in not too long. With Arox our life support and gravity has gone. So watch out when you open the buckle.”

“You were saying you recognised this system?”

“Huh? Oh, right. If I am not mistaken then this may well be Red Glow.”

‘So you are saying that if we go through that gate over there we’ll be safe?”

“If my guess is correct, yes. Otherwise we could easily end up in a sector full of Khaak or even worse creatures.”

“I love your confidence. I’d say we better find out what went wrong and try to fix it before we tempt fate again.”

After more than three stazuras Val had completed her work.

“And you think that’ll do the trick?”

“As far as I can tell from the logs, there has been a continuous data stream through our scanner interface since we entered this sector. By severing Arox’ connection to all external interfaces I am confident that whatever or whoever was linking up will not be able to do so again. And isolating the massive amounts of garbled code in Arox’ subroutines will hopefully make sure she doesn’t go on a collision course with a super structure again. You ready?”

“Have I got a choice?”

“Nope.” And Val added with a grin. “Trust me.”

“Now that doesn’t sound good.” Concern was written all over Tagor’s face. There was little that he disliked more than feeling helpless. The past stazuras he had helped Val writing a small program to get the ship running again. But as much confidence he had in his own or Val’s abilities, the preceding events had taken place so quickly and with such devastating precision. Was there anything at all in their power to put against it? Val seemed to think so and he hoped she was right.

“What happened? Why was I offline for more than three stazuras? The ship is flying blind, I have no access to external interfaces.”

“Welcome back Arox. Uhm, I … err … I switched you off. You caught a virus or something. So I isolated infected parts and restricted access to external interfaces. Have you any idea how and where you picked it up? It made you go mental and we only just survived the trip!”

“Upon entrance to this sector I received an enormous amount of data through the scanner interface. It must have activated my survival routines.”

“Not so sure about that, after all, it brought us on collision course with the gate!” Val entered a number of commands into the terminal. “Ok, I have now reduced the maximum volume of data that you can receive through the scanners to a tenth. You should be able to cope with the attacks now. However, we need to do something about that parasitic code. Can you go through it without going nuts again?”

“While I cannot guarantee it we can try opening access to one section at a time.”

“Not that you have been very reassuring but here we go. Let me know when you have contained it successfully. But first of all, please get the scanners back online.”

While Arox was occupied Val and Tagor took the time to take in the view, or as much as they could see anyway. This sector was dark, there was no sun and the only considerable light source was a red nebula, lit up by electric discharges.

Not too far away they could make out the wrecks of a multitude of ships of various races. Some of the hulks were huge; remains of battle ships. They could only guess what a battle must have raged. Judging by what they had just been through it was very likely that these wrecks had been fighting ghosts and in the process destroyed each other.

Val took the corvette slowly closer and, once the gravidar was back online, scanned the wrecks for salvageable items. There were a large number of missiles and weapons as well as various commercial goods. Salvaging this place was bound to be extremely profitable.

The hold of their ship filled up quickly. After two stazuras Arox had managed to contain all alien code and they headed south.

“There is a station to the east. Looks like Paranid built, almost like a short version of a trading station.” Val called out while zooming in on the structure.

Tagor nodded. “So it is true, we are in Red Glow.”

Arox brought up a screen with sector information.

“There is not much information available on this system but here it goes. Red Glow has a long history of unsuccessful attempts to claim it. It is rich in mineral resources and strategically important because it connects the southern Paranid sectors with the old sectors. The introduction of jumpdrives has diminished the military importance but nonetheless it offers very good commercial prospects. That was also the initial reason why the Teladi tried to claim it. Due to their massive requirements for ore they’d have benefited most from the available resources.”

“But how did the Paranid get to build a base in here but not stay? They can’t have had the problems we did when entering the gate or the station would not be here.”

“Reports indicate that the South gate appears to be a safe entry to this system. Even as we travel now, the data stream that tries to access my systems gradually reduces its intensity.”

“So whatever or whoever put this in place is guarding the North gate but not the one to the south. Could it be they had not anticipated two gates?”

“If the data stream keeps dropping at the current rate it means ships entering through the South gate will still be affected. It simply will take longer to overwrite their routines.”

“So you are saying this sector is kind of a safe haven?”

“For us it now is. For everybody else it remains a death trap. It is almost impossible to send or receive data from within.”

“Now there is good news at last. Let’s have a look at that station.”

Once they headed for the station Val thought about Arox’ last comment.

“So you say almost impossible? Does that mean you found a way?”

“At the moment I can only receive data. I am using the gate as a relay point. Essentially it means we get the information significantly later but at least we get it.”

“That is good enough for a start.”

The journey to the abandoned Paranid station took almost two stazuras. However, there were so many things to see, time literally flew by.

“It is offline. I hope we don’t have to shoot our way in.”

“Shooting will not be necessary,” Arox responded. “Just one of us will need to don her space suit and go for walk.”

“You love saying that, don’t you? Remind me that I hire somebody to do the walking.”

“You could always ask Tagor. Something tells me he is familiar with this sector.”

“Good thinking. You recognised this system, I assume it is safe to say not from pictures, right?”

======

“Indeed. I was here at the opening ceremony of the station but left in time before everybody got spaced.”

“Got spaced?”

“Yes, the air locks of the station opened and filled space around it with a lot of dead bodies.”

“How come you made it out alive?”

“Analysing reports and an educated guess, if you want to call it that. One of my assignments had been monitoring progress of the station deployment. Naturally, every race was curious to see how the Paranid would fare, and so was the Argon secret service. I spent a lot of time travelling in and out of the sector. My Pegasus had a relatively simple computer, which was easy to reset, and I used it to determine the deterioration rate. Then did the maths to a station computer and … was very lucky because I had timed it to have left the sector by the time my ship computer could go nuts.”

“But they managed to finish building the station then. How is that possible?”

“Only at the very end they switched on all computer systems, thus providing the virus with an opportunity to spread, I presume.”

“Hmm. Ah well, let’s get started and see what it looks like now.”

Grumbling Val donned her suit and left the ship. The distance was short; Arox had stopped the ship right in front of a maintenance hatch. Val found the lever and tried to move it but had no success. She then used her legs to support the effort but nothing happened.

“I could do with some help out here.”

A couple of mizuras later Tagor floated next to her. He was clearly just as keen on space walks as she was. With their combined strength the lever moved and the hatch flung open. Val motioned Tagor to stay outside while she checked inside. Shortly after she re-appeared and waved him to follow.

Once they had left the airlock, Tagor took the lead and, slowly floating, they headed down a wide hall.

Love or hate the Paranid, they sure had a touch for impressive ambient. Val followed him slowly, taking in each and every feature of the heavily ornamented walls and ceilings. Even with the dim light of the space suits, it sparkled everywhere. The walls of this hallway appeared to be of dark red colour, giving it a religious character, which, no doubt, was intentional. Every now and again the hall opened up into a circular space with a pyramidal sealing and another path leading towards the centre of the station. After they had passed four of those Tagor turned into one and, after a few metres, stopped facing the wall.

“It’s got to be here somewhere.”

“What?”

“The entrance to a maintenance tunnel.”

Both looked at the map their data pads displayed. Arox had provided them with a map of Paranid trading stations. Chances were this one here would differ from the general schematics. Still, it was all they had and would have to do.

Currently they were five levels below the control centre and eight levels above the hangar. First priority was to enable basic things like environmental control. Floating without gravity may be relaxing to start with. But if you had to move in such an environment for any length of time, it was incredible strenuous, thrusters or not.

Neither of them felt particularly comfortable inside this ghost station. So far they had not seen any bodies. According to Tagor’s description they all got together for the opening ceremony and from there straight into the cold emptiness of space.

A sudden realisation hit Val. Somebody must have survived the event. Arox had found images of the ceremony. How did these get out of the sector if, according to Arox, no signals could be sent or received? This thought did not exactly make her feel any better. It was something she had to find out did she want to be able to guarantee their safety.

After some searching they found the hatch to the maintenance tunnel. At this point in time it was their only way to traverse in between different levels of the station. Val opened it and slipped through, closely followed by Tagor.

The maintenance tunnel was narrow and Val started to sweat climbing through it in her bulky space suit. She’d loved to remove it but this was impossible for as long as life support was not operational. Ten exhaustive mizuras later they eventually forced the huge door to the control centre open.

To their surprise they did not see any bodies here either. Somebody must have cleaned up.

A quick analysis revealed that the station computer had been completely reprogrammed by the virus and eventually simply run out of power and shut down.

“Arox, is it possible to upload an adapted version of your code to this station to take over at least essential parts of the functionality? It would get us started and we could then try and debug the old code.”

“Positive but it will take one and a half stazuras to develop and deploy the code.”

“That is alright. Let me know when you are ready, we can use my data pad as interface to the station computer. In the meantime we will have a look at the power supply.”

Almost two stazuras passed and there was still no news of Arox’ success. Tagor had explored the engineering part of the station. Everything appeared to be in pristine condition. There was an eerie silence in an area that should be buzzing with activity accompanied by the gentle hum of generators. All batteries were at full charge, so the only thing that was left to get working was the computer, preferably in a contained environment where they did not have to fear being spaced when they were not watching.

In the meantime Val had inspected the hangar and maintenance levels. While the latter area looked like it had never been used, the former was filled with used and brand new ships of mostly Paranid design. All ships were empty; there was still no trace of any form of life, be it alive or passed away. The ships would be good for parts or in-sector use. She could, however, not risk showing them to the public, at least not without removing any traces of their origin. Otherwise there was little doubt the Paranid would be back with a vengeance. Val did wonder how she was supposed to fortify the sector and station sufficiently to deter undesired visitors. Laser towers? A massacre was not what she had in mind. Perhaps a device similar to what Arox had developed to cloak the ship. It was unlikely to be capable of cloaking an entire station but faking sensor readings should be sufficient for a while.

“Hmm.”

“Hmm what?”

“I wondered how to secure this sector and had a rather good idea.”

“Laser towers? I’d call it a cruel idea, not a good one.”

“We agree there. But LT’s weren’t what I had in mind. I thought we could deploy a means to give them fake sensor readings. And while following that train of thought, I wondered if it was possible to amplify the signal strength of the virus at the South gate.”

“Not bad an idea, indeed, but would that not cause carnage, as well? Just look at the North gate.”

“Potentially, yes. Perhaps we could find a way to piggy bag code of ours that, instead of causing numerous deaths takes them straight out of the sector. But first we need see if we can increase the signal strength in the first place.”

“Program completed, ready for upload.”

“Now that is about time, we thought you’d never finish it. What took you so long? You estimation was one stazura less.”

“There were some unforeseen complications. However, I managed to tweak the code and now it will archive and analyse the malicious code instead of simply overwriting it.”

“Excellent! Perhaps we can find out where it originated and possibly even make it work for us.”

Val’s eyes shone at the prospects. Back at the control centre she connected her data pad with the console and Arox started uploading the program.

“Upload complete, ready for power-up.”

Val pushed a button and emergency power activated. Instantly Arox’ program began to eliminate the alien code. Tracing its activation her routines performed memory replacement operations and stored the copied code in a separated space. The fight between the two programs was merciless but Arox had the distinct advantage of precognition due to her optimisations.

Although neither of them was physically involved in the battle inside the station computer, the sheer tension what the result would be was enough to leach the last energy from Val’s and Tagor’s body. After thirty mizuras Arox announced the successful code-replacement and both collapsed completely exhausted.

The station powered up and while Val observed the control screens, Tagor looked through the station logbooks.

“You should see this.” He called Val over after a while. The screen in front of him displayed highly classified military research information.

“Now how exactly come the first thing you find is top secret data instead of anything immediately useful?”

“Well, considering what we have seen in the Khaak sector and what my father hinted, I believe this information could be immediately useful. These are the shockwave generators the Paranid have developed. It appears at the time of the demise of everybody on this station there was only a limited number of ships equipped with this weapon, one destroyer, two corvettes and 30 heavy fighters.”

“Hmm, I wonder …”

“Wonder what?”

“The station hangar is full of ships. I wonder if some of those 30 haven’t made their way here. Could be quite useful, don’t you think?”

++++++

After a short moment of silence Tagor continued. “It appears to have been created as the perfect weapon of mass destruction. While relatively weak in close combat, at its most efficient range it could inflict more damage than any other weapon currently available. Sure, Ion Disruptors would have a more rapid effect in their range but the Paranid shockwave generators would also destroy the hull. Worst of all, this weapon appears to be most effective on large ships. Essentially, the bigger the ship it is aimed at the higher the damage caused. This would allow heavy fighters to take on capital ships.”

Arox was still busy rewriting code as the station computer initiated more and more tasks. It was a job that would probably take another tazura or two to complete. In the meantime she had taken control of the docking bay doors and brought the Jaguar into the station. The link to the station computer remained unidirectional. Too high was the risk that she lost control of this powerful infrastructure.

Val turned her attention back to the control screens. In about five mizuras they should be able to remove their bulky space suits. Life support was up and running but it could not hurt to monitor it for a while. With only basic functions enabled, the station appeared to be fully self-sufficient. The current power drain was easily absorbed by the solar panels that covered the outer hull. Given the lack of a sun in the sector, there was not much light to draw energy from. However, the Paranid appeared to have constructed a system that worked at extremely high efficiency, making it a viable option for a sector as dark as this one.

“Here is something else that could be of interest.” Tagor interrupted her train of thought. “I found some interesting data on the Paranid developments. Some of them are very concerning and we will have to work on appropriate counter measures. Their Phased Shockwave Generators are a weapon purposely built for the fight against capital ships and stations. However, they most likely also show devastating effect against smaller targets. And … uh …”

“That is good to know, it might be of use against these Khaak, that tend to attack with an abundance of small ships.”

“I was just going to say this. Not sure if I interpret this correctly, but it may well be that the development of this weapon has been in response of a first contact with the Khaak a few jazuras back.”

“Are you saying these creatures have been in our sectors for a longer period of time?”

“That I am not sure of. I will need to read more. It could also be that the Paranid had somehow managed to find one of their sectors.”

“Not very comforting.”

Each to their own they continued scanning through various files that were held in the station computer. It’d take mazuras to go through all of it but only a small fraction was likely to be important enough to read.

“Arox, what is that? The internal scanner shows a moving object on this level?” Val suddenly exclaimed.

Tagor interrupted his study and came over to have a look. “And it appears to be coming this way, too. Do we get any heat signature?”

Val looked around. The command centre was huge but provided very little room for shelter. Whatever or whoever was going to step through the large door would have no problem seeing them.

“Most signs indicate it is a Paranid making his way to the control centre. However, I cannot determine where he had been hiding. His first appearance occurred near a maintenance hatch but scanners in these are not functional yet.”

“Any weapons?”

“Energy readings suggest a heavy assault rifle and a medium blaster.”

“Is there a containment field that we could turn on? I don’t want this guy to ruin the place. And are we within transporter range from the Jaguar, in case it gets messy?”

“Containment field activated. His weapons will have no more use than a stick. However, your current position is outside transporter range.”

“Great, what a nice trap. Any other doors we should be aware of?”

“Negative. The command centre had been designed for highest levels of security, single point of access.”

“Air conditioning vents?”

“Multiple vents located, both near the floor and ceiling.”

“Great, lets take one of those.”

“Dimensions sufficient for the native red squirrel of Sonra 4, not designed for potential assassins, or evacuation purposes for that matter.”

“Any chance you have got good news?” Val looked distressed. The prospect of a fight with a Paranid was nothing that tickled her fancy. Neither her nor Tagor could remotely match a Paranid’s physical parameters. Then the door flung open and the two of them stared into the barrels of a heavy assault rifle.
Last edited by KiwiNZ on Mon, 4. Sep 06, 13:54, edited 7 times in total.

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 12:34

Nice, was wondering when Red glow was going to show up again :D

And I wonder what Tagor knows about this place, hmm?

Bye :)

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 12:38

:D I have been looking for a link back to the original story all the time but only now something actually presented itself ... more by accident, I have to admit and quite literally, too. :D

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 12:44

Hi Kiwi!

First the corrections (D'oh!)

So you are saying that if we go through that gate over there we’ll be save?”

Change save to safe.

-------

"By savouring Arox’ connection to all external interfaces I am confident that whatever or whoever was linking up will not be able to do so again."

Change savouring to severing

---------

"collision course with a superior structure again. "

Not sure if that should be super structure? :?

---------

"red nebula, lit up be electric discharges.

be to by?

------------

Exellent read! The story's really coming along nicely.
What are they gonna find on the station?

:D

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 12:55

I am not sure where you want have located all those. You must have read the wrong text, go, read it again. :P

Thanks for all the spots. :oops: And not (yet) telling what is on the station. :P

"savouring" - oh dear ... yes, them connections are a real pleasure for the palette these days. You should try the strawberry flavour. Delicious! :D

"superior / super" - I actually wanted to express something along the lines of 'bigger' w/o using big as a word but 'super' fits actually quite well. Changed :)

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 14:52

KiwiNZ wrote:I am not sure where you want have located all those. You must have read the wrong text, go, read it again. :P
Blows a Raspberry! :P :pirat:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 27. Aug 06, 15:05

Shiver :lol:

The Zig
x3tc

Post by The Zig » Tue, 29. Aug 06, 23:55

Aha! We arrive at Red Glow!

So some hacker-data stream? Sweet idea! It got poor Arox all a fluster!
One day, Val is going to enter a sector, and nothing will go wrong and she'll be so shocked, she'll have a heart attack and die!
(Oops! Hope I didn't just give away your ending there! :P )

Hm... another cliff hanger of sorts. Gotta find out what's going on in Red Glow.
Look forward to the next part!

Good stuff. :thumb_up:

ps.
I am not sure where you want have located all those. You must have read the wrong text, go, read it again.
:lol: Yeah, you're right. I didn't see any of those! Reckon he's going a bit barmy!!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 30. Aug 06, 00:07

Yeah, I am sure he is :D

As for the cliffhanger, the answer to that is in one of the first chapters :wink:

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 10:56

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 11:46

Hehe ... I wonder what took you so long to respond to our insults. But the smileys explain it all :D :lol:

-----------------------------

Guys, part two posted under the ======

Not much action at the moment, I thought I'd give you a moment to catch your breath :D

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 12:54

Hi Kiwi,

Possible corrections time :twisted:

"My Pegasus had a relatively simple computer, which was easy to rest,"

Wondering if that should be 'reset'
--------------

"Val found the leaver"
Lever?
----------------
Suggestion.
Instead of "Everything appeared to be in best conditions." how about "Everything appeared to be in pristine condition." ?
---------------
Val did wonder how she was supposed to fortify sector and station sufficiently to deter undesired visitors.

Should that be "Val did wonder how she was supposed to fortify the sector and station sufficiently to deter undesired visitors." ?
---------------

All done! :twisted: :P

Nice read, so Val maybe in a position to get hold of a shockwave generators and maybe even a Perseus or 2?

Looking forward to the next part! :D

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 13:15

I am sure you have telepathic powers. I would NEVER make such mistakes voluntarily :D

Thanks for the spots and suggestions, all adapted and changed. :)

Ya well, we will see if there is anything useful to be found, shall we? :D Need to look at the old files to see how I continued the story from there. From memory not all I had in mind is applicable anymore and I also have another little idea. :twisted:
Last edited by KiwiNZ on Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Mastermue
x3ap

Post by Mastermue » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 17:27

ssssshhhhhhhhhhh! Trying to keep my weird telepathic powers a secret... they come in real useful when playing poker! :twisted:

Looking forward to the next part even more now! :D

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 12:20

Ok, I won't tell anybody about your TOP SECRET telepathic powers then :P

-----------

Right, finished the chapter because I needed distraction from some work that I should do. :D

COMPLETED under ++++++

Lochen

Post by Lochen » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 15:42

Too high was the risk that she lost control of this powerful infrastructure.
Just does not seem right, dont know how to improve it though.

Other than that the last section looks good, though I have been known to miss things.

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:06

KiwiNZ wrote: Right, finished the chapter because I needed distraction from some work that I should do. :D
:lol:

More red and glowy reading material to read, YAY! :D

*reads*

Sneaky paranid there, to bad his gun wont work :twisted: Still, they dont exactly stand much of a chance against him in hand to hand!

I'm betting the artificial gravity will either go a bit funny and squish him, or turn off and they can just wizz past him with their thrusters!

Bye :)

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 20:38

Thanks guys :)

Will see if I find a way to write that sentence so that everybody can understand it, Lochen. I am known for expressing myself as complicated as possible at times. :D

Blimey, Hypo! I had completely forgotten that they still had their suits on. Bu**er. Never mind, changed the next bit to reflect these circumstances. :)

The Zig
x3tc

Post by The Zig » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 10:26

Nice! A paranid... how'd he survive so long? Or did he? Hmm... he alone?
Guess we'll see. Cool!

Mastermue's
Spoiler
Show
evil telepathy
caused one small error, I think:
“Multiple vents located, both near the floor and sealing.”
Ceiling?

Good, dude. Lookin forward to more.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 13:55

Thanks, Zig :)

Good spot, too. It did look somewhat wrong when I wrote it but do you think I made the effort to double-check?? :oops: :roll:

Return to “Creative Universe”