[SCRIPT] Cold War (22/08/2006)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of this idea and its implementation?

Will revolutionize my X3 gaming experience!
26%
Close to revolutionizing my X3 gaming, but needs a little more substance
19%
Significantly improves my X3 gaming, and doesn't need any more substance
19%
Excellent concept. This system could work, but requires serious alterations
16%
Excellent concept, but the whole system needs a major rethink
9%
Poor concept, but well implemented
7%
Bad idea in the first place
5%

Total votes: 43

voxol
x3

[SCRIPT] Cold War (22/08/2006)

Post by voxol » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 06:29

Cold War
by Voxol

Introducing Cold War! With this plugin you can be hired by the various races to attack other races assets, depending on the races disposition, and be rewarded based on the amount of notoriety you manage to lose with the enemy.

-Download-

Feedback requests:

- Notoriety can be annoying to work with. I've used a library that should normalize it to keep rewards consistent. If anyone sees very inconsistent rewards for destroying stuff (after the initial 'surprise attack' payments), please let me know asap! For the technically minded, please check out this thread, where I try to explain and demonstrate how this works.

- Reward amounts, I think, are set quite balanced, but please anyone let me know if you think it is too much/little of a reward for what you destroy.

Readme follows:

Code: Select all

===========================================
Name:		Cold War
Version:	V1.0
Author:		Voxol
Updated:	22/08/2006
===========================================

The races are at war, only noone knows it yet.  With this plugin, you will start to see new a new BBS entry when your ranking with a race is above Federation Martial (or equivalent).  An unknown official will offer you the chance to be rewarded for destroying ships and stations of the opposing race.  This is linked to your notoriety, so the more notoriety you lose with the enemy, the more you get paid...

NOTES:

- Each race has a seperate likelihood of offering on the BBS, depending on their general disposition.

- Each race has a seperate likelihood of offering the contract against each other race, depending on how much they have in common.

- Initial couple of rewards for a surprise attack may be high as notoriety drops suddenly, then it will reduce to more stable payments.

- If you gain too much notoriety with the enemy race, the contract will be cancelled.

- If you lose too much notoriety with your employer, the contract will be cancelled.

============================================

Change log:

- Initial release.

============================================

Technical:

Language file: 8710
Text page:  8710

Enjoy!

Voxol.

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Tue, 5. Sep 06, 20:39

the only problem that it will take years to make it to federation marshall it would be better with lower

BobSmalls

Post by BobSmalls » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 04:05

I really enjoy making war. Your script sounds like an excellent incentive to trash enemy sectors.

If only one of the five races were expendable. Sadly, there isn't a single race I can live without. Well, maybe the Teladi, but they are nobody's enemy, right?

Until the X3 notoriety system can be made more forgiving, I'll be unable to test your script. :cry: <-- genuine tears

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 05:25

BobSmalls wrote:Well, maybe the Teladi, but they are nobody's enemy, right?
That is correct...

They even support Piracy in their sectors. :wink: That should be a well know FACT if anyone reads the BBS!

voxol
x3

Post by voxol » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 08:36

Saint-Ashley wrote:
That is correct...

They even support Piracy in their sectors. :wink: That should be a well know FACT if anyone reads the BBS!

Thanks for some feedback on this finally.

I figured a high notoriety should be required to trust you with such a sensitive contract, but I understand that precludes a lot of players from using this script so I'll consider downgrading a little.

As for Teladi, they're the one race who will offer up a contract with equal probability for all the other races, and I would think this 'cold war' style perhaps suits them best of all. Rather than risking all out warfare, they just use their profitsss to sponsor people on the sly to do their dirty work for them...

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Wed, 6. Sep 06, 14:56

voxol wrote:
Saint-Ashley wrote:
That is correct...

Thanks for some feedback on this finally.

I figured a high notoriety should be required to trust you with such a sensitive contract, but I understand that precludes a lot of players from using this script so I'll consider downgrading a little.

As for Teladi, they're the one race who will offer up a contract with equal probability for all the other races, and I would think this 'cold war' style perhaps suits them best of all. Rather than risking all out warfare, they just use their profitsss to sponsor people on the sly to do their dirty work for them...
about rank i think above Trusted ally would be good
(im paranid DoHL and i kill them so i want that to make rep with argon)

leloa
x3

Post by leloa » Sat, 23. Sep 06, 18:31

anything new on this?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 6. Feb 07, 21:35

Apparently not.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Tue, 13. Mar 07, 23:36

Just saw this I'll give it a run.

Edit: Well now, a cool 2,240,000 . oops forgot to check what was reported against my bank account. But that can be if'y with a running economy.
12 kills.
The mesg came in unannounced to the ship.
Only attacked ships so far. Might have got paid for killing "fighter drones".
This is> distroy the assetes.

The Customs Patrol ships of the race that hired me did start turnning red one by one. But did not attack .
ALso my race rank seemed to stay the same for the hiering race. While the race that I'm commencing attrition upon has started to lower my race rank, Slowly.
Now when I join the military with a different script that I have installed.
I'll be able to retire very soon.

Mr. Phelps the Secretary will dis-a-vow any knowlage of your existence.

A side note .The arms dealer said , he wants Peace. :gruebel:
mmmmm I didn't believe him.

This could be a fun script. I have ~ 87 :o scripts active. So It's most likie compatible .

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 12:43

What about making cold war a very warm war? I mean, player must not always be the protagonist. i would be great if in the border sectors there are frequent skirmishes between the argon-boron alliance and the split-paranid. You fly there and see this massive battle going on and eventually can participate... :wink:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”