[SCRIPT] WayPoint command

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] WayPoint command

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 16:44

Script: WayPoint Command
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-Waypoint
Description:Tell a ship to fly to a specific sector before continuing on to it's final destination.

This is a relatively simple command that allows you to tell your ship's to go round potentially dangerous sectors without interupting their original command
To use this command the ship must be equipped with the Navigation Command Software Mk1
The Set WayPoint command can be found in the Auxiliary Ship commands menu

Set the ship's final destionation (ie, Dock at... Argon Trading Station, Argon Prime)
Set waypoint sector to travel to first. eg. Kingdom end

This will cause the ship to first fly to Kingdom end then continue on to Argon Prime.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:17

Can you set more than one waypoint for the journey? I think it would be nice to be able to set a whole array of waypoints, since it just might be necessary in some instances, especially if you are hostile to specific races...

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 19:37

yep, multiple waypoints will work. The only limit I can think of is if there's a limit to the number of scripts on the stack.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 17. Oct 06, 23:03

Wow, this is just what I've been looking for, thanks! I hate capping ships then having to tell them to move on a sector-by-sector basis to avoid hostile sectors, babysitting them all the way back to the shipyard. Sweet! :)

Maian
x3tc

Post by Maian » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 07:59

Is it just me, or do the waypoints have to be assigned backwards? For example, to go to sector A, then B, then C, you need to give the command to go to C, then assign a waypoint to B, then assign another waypoint to A.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 22. Jan 07, 15:02

yep, 'tis a bit counter intuative.

You set a way point between the ship's current location and it's current destination. The current destination could be previously defined waypoint.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”