A Misadventure (chapter 1)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Captain Chris sTc
x4

A Misadventure (chapter 1)

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 00:51

Here's the first chapter of a little story I'm writing, It's basicly a bit of an expansion and eth story behind a Little BBS news article i wrote to go in XFP. if you wann basicly know the hole story head over to their site and read the news article. Yeah i know the title sucks but it's best i can come up with at the moment that's relative to the story.
Any how here's the first chapter.

CHAPTER 1 :Monday moooornings.

Durrrt, durrrt, durrrt, durrrt. The alarm woke Commander Gardna from his peaceful slumber, with its usual efficiency. He slapped the snooze button for that precious extra ten minutes. Durrrt, Du… he hits the off button and wonders how they could have come up with such an annoying noise. Commander Gardna, (Trev to his friends,) swung his legs out of his bunk and scrapes them on the floor forgetting that he’d had it lowered a few centimeters to make it easier to sit on and relax. After finally getting up and noting that he looked like a bag of shite. He headed towards the command level. God he hated Monday mornings especially when it was his turn to do the early shift. Although Trev was the commander of the Trading station, and buy extension the whole of black Hole Sun. He still did a fair shift like all the people in his command not like some other commanders he could mention, the one at Omicr.. No that will do no good, thinking of Hathaway like that, each commander has their own way, and this is mine. At least I’ll be at the com in time for morning coffee.

As Trev Exited the lift in to the command level, he could smell the alluring aroma of freshly poured coffee. Ah good right on time Trev thought to himself, as he strolled on to the control room. Lieutenant Michel Gardna was already stationed at his post studying the Gravidar, with his cup of coffee steaming away next to him, and Ensign Charlotte Gardna was monitoring the Com traffic that was floating about at this time in the morning. As he approached the table that was in the middle of the room, and had a holographic representation of the sector, seated upon it. Captain Chris Miadon, turned around and stood to attention.

Trev saluted him and asked “anything to report.”

The captain returned the salute and replied “nothing much just the usual, a few Xenon trying to cross the sector, but there was there was the usual pair of hired hands to deal with them”. (Hired hands were the up and coming private fighter pilots that tried to scrape a living of shooting enemies of the argon empire and as Black hole sun was next door to Xenon 472 there was a continuing supply of income and continuous supply of pilots eager to make something of them selves to get rid of them.) “They didn’t yield when requested so they were”.

“Sorry who didn’t? Trev interrupted whilst reprimanding himself for thinking about the irony of the fact that he has fighters stationed to protect the sector whilst some under equipped pilot tries to take on the xenon hoard that continue to travel through his sector, when he should have been listening to the ever efficient and to the point captain’s report.

“The Pirate ships that tried to skirt the sector but were discovered by the patrol of M3’s that happened to be in this part of the sector. Any way as I was saying” a slightly annoyed Captain continued. “The Pirates refused to yield to request and were destroyed. Also we have deployed a couple of the new Advanced Nav sats in that area in case anymore convoys try that route.”

“Very good and dismissed” said the Commander. With that the captain saluted, offered Trev his cup of coffee that had been waiting on the table, turned and walked out of the control room. No doubt to see his little barmaid down on the main hanger deck mused Trev.

Trev took his coffee took a look around the holographic representation of the sector, wafting his had through the photonic picture and marveling like every morning, at how his hand easily past through the 3D picture of the station and it’s surrounds. Then he turned and headed towards his chair, noting that it was now 2 meters to the right as he had requested the last time he was in the control room. Once seated he placed his coffee in his specially added cup holder and bought up the small computer that was placed in the other arm of his chair. As the little computer raised and unfolded it’s small keyboard and touch screen. The commander look through his main viewing window, which was now just beside the hologram table in his point view. He had always thought it best that he could see the gate to the Xenon sector so that he could see any trouble that might be coming his way. Placing the Chair the table and the window in a straight line was just silly. His computer had now finally unfolded it’s self and finished booting up. On the screen were a series of different symbols supposed to represent the different departments, how some of the symbols came about he’d never know. Like the One that went in to weapons and ships that he had at his disposal. It looked like some kind of extended knife across a large flat surface with a cross over the middle of it. How this was linked he’d never know. Trev quickly found the symbol he was looking for, and put his finger too it. Instantly the screen changed to a list of various news reports, Both planet side and the BBS news messages that had occurred since he’d last logged on. It always amused him to see what people considered news. There was always some elongated explanation about some celebrity having to wear trainers instead of shoes or something equally pointless. Where as if there was an attack on some station, or some other dangerous yet useful to know occurrence in the universe. It was always put at the end of the news almost added as a last minute job. Just as Trev was going to select such an article there was a large flash seen through the main viewing window, along with the sounding of the incoming threat alarms.
Last edited by Captain Chris sTc on Mon, 21. Aug 06, 22:53, edited 4 times in total.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 02:06

Good little story, but what I have to complain about, is the formating. Few places it was hard for me to follow the dialogue. Otherwise :thumb_up:

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 12:47

Cheers. is that any better?

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 18:26

Yes! Much better :)

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 13:36

Nice one! good start and will be interesting to get a point of view of a station manager for a change!

:thumb_up:

Return to “Creative Universe”