story i started

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

what u think?

good
20%
crap
20%
could be better
60%

Total votes: 5

BROWN14UK
x3tc

story i started

Post by BROWN14UK » Mon, 3. Jul 06, 19:34

this is the 1st story i have written, its not about the X universe.
sorry about any spelling mistakes, i am dyslexic.

Chapter 1
My Life
It was a cold wet night; I and the rest of my platoon were camped out on the Breacon Becons. The sound of the rain hammering of the tent kept me awake. I’ve been part of the Hitler Youth since I was 10 years old, me and my friends loved it at first. We went camping, rock climbing, shooting you name it, we done it. It was not until I became older I started to see what they were doing, sucking us in, feeding us propergander twisting or minds, making us think like they do. I would have tried to stop it, but I am but one person against the entire army. After finishing the Hitler youth I joined the local guard, set up by the Germans in order to try and get the local people on there side. I don’t know much about what happened in the past, to be honest I don’t think many people do. All records and history books were burned, I remember my teacher telling us about it. I think I could have learned a load about the past from him, but he was taken away one day. I never found out what happened to him, what ever happened I can’t imagine it was nice. I do know this about the past, once we were a proud nation; we stood for freedom, honor and justice, the great British Empire.

I woke that morning with the sound of birds singing. I climbed over Aaron, taken care not to stand on him. He was a good guy, he had a keen ability to build things, it helped us a load when we were doing or command tasks, building bridges over rivers and gaps. I climbed out of the tent, thanking god that the weather had cleared up, not a cloud in the sky. The grass was cold and wet on my feet so I slipped my boats on and reached in to the tent to retrieve my rife. My platoon was armed with 7 Gew 48s and 1 MP 40, they were old but they worked. I give Aaron and Owain a boat it the side to wake them up. Owains one of those people you would always imagine as being Hitlers descendant or something, all I can say is that I am glad he’s on our team. We opened or ration packs and started a brew, the ration packs tasted like chicken, I would not have minded but it says lamb stew no the side. The rest of the platoon started to wake; I went to take a fresh cup of tea to lieutenant. It’s always a good thing to stay on your commanding officers side, Even if he is the biggest ass hole in the world.

Later that day we get a call on or radio pack, I pass the head set to the lieutenant, he goes quiet listening to the orders. As soon as he finishes, he gives the orders to scratch camp. I quickly start taken down the tent when I hear the others saying that a small village had attack there German guard and that we were to take the town back. I shrug at it, just gossip. Most of the villagers around here were old and few in numbers. They would be no match for a full armed German guard. Packing the camp away went quickly; we had done it hundred times before. LT barks orders to us, do this, do that. You know the usually crap officers give us. As I set up my Burgan ready to use, I do a quick supply, I notice that I am running low on water. I volunteer to get the water for Aaron and Owain, I don’t really know the rest of the platoon, but I have spent most of my life with them two. I check the map and find were I am. I notice there are streams running down from the Black Mountains, an ideal place to collect water. So I set off should take me less than five maybe six minutes to get there and back. As I follow the path to the steam I get a bad feeling, I am being watched.

The hair shoots up on the back of my neck I reach for my rifle ready to shot the first thing I see, that’s when training takes over from instinct. I steady my breathing focus on the woods look for anything out of place. I approach the corner of the woods, taken my time studying my surroundings, that’s when this thing comes right at me. I jump back and stubble over a rock and land hard on my ass. I wince with pain rise my gun, pull the trigger and nothing. Dam safety, I look up just in time to see a sheep dog looking at me with astonishment as if he was wondering what all the fuss was about. I give the dog a pat on the head and tell him to bugger off, embarrassed that I had been spooked by a dog and even angry at my self thinking that could have been anyone, an to make a stupid mistake to leave the safety on, I hang my head in shame.

When I get back to the camp site with the water I decide not to tell them. I could do with out a dog joke every few minutes. I give Aaron an Owain there water, LT did even realise that I had gone. I don’t make a habit of disobeying orders, but the only reason he was in command was that his dad had friends in high places, and he had brown tongued his way up the ranks.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Sat, 8. Jul 06, 11:27

Nice way that the story is developing but I think it belongs in the Off Topic forum.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sat, 8. Jul 06, 12:09

Syndrome wrote:I think it belongs in the Off Topic forum.
Then you think wrong :P

This is the Creative forum.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “Creative Universe”