Xperiment-Fusion-Project now on a new thread and released

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Northstar
x3

Xperiment-Fusion-Project now on a new thread and released

Post by Northstar » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 22:37

Now released for pubic enjoyment :)

See it here :arrow: http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=148330

* 101 new sectors
* Now 130+ new ships
* Observes moonbase and asteroid stations
* Goner sectors so you can build your status with the goner, they are in the heart of pirate sectors so there should be lots of targets.
* Sector auctions - you can bid for one of five player sectors which have stations in them ready to be handed over to the one with the highest bid
* An alien sector with a difficult mission and a big prize for the player if completed coming in V1.0
* Terran sectors which are accessed via a difficult to find entrance.
* New race sectors again opened via different access point, new ships, factories etc.
* lots of excellent scripts that improve gameplay and add new things, many by the Guru Cycrow
* a whole new range of BBS stories and news bulletins generously donated by many good members here at Egosoft
* Two Starwars sectors, one for Imperial and one for Rebels with ships to match
* New very tough Pirate sectors, some are very dangerous areas
* Ashleys Factories improved version which works well with Armegeddons hubs
* new sector sounds by our resident sound coordinator Digsin
* new sector music, one of which is donated by the very talented composer sVGA

Here is a list of scripts so far included and those to be included where asked for http://www.xperiment-fusion-project.net ... c.php?t=41

Here are the ships included so far and there are a few more to add as they are being modelled. http://www.xperiment-fusion-project.net ... c.php?t=16

These are just a few extras but there is a lot more included. Even on beta release we will still be looking to add extras to make it even better but by using scripts so that saved games are preserved. Please bear in mind though the beta will be a new game strart so add ons will preserve your game once you get into it. Any major additions will have a separate release version.

On behalf of the Senior modding team at xperiment, I would like to thank everyone for their ideas and input. So many people have given so much to help and it will all be worthwile to make an already fantastic game a whole new experience.

Anyone wanting to see how we are doing are very welcome to visit our new high speed forum which has an easy jump back to the Egosoft sectors link for popping back and forth. http://www.xperiment-fusion-project.net ... /index.php

Northstar :)
Last edited by Northstar on Sat, 29. Jul 06, 23:48, edited 12 times in total.
[ external image ]
Click the logo to see what we are up to.
Modding Guide V1.6

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 22:50

Dude... (having a Hurley moment, sorry) have you checked out my list of possible tweaks and changes, as some may be of interest.
What I read above sounds awesome and Im looking forward to trying it out. Wondering if the extra 96 sectors contain many 'passage' sectors where they are inbetween sectors with nothing in except the possibility of trouble in the form of red icons on the gravidar.
Also wondering about the new ships. Guessing you have got Deadly's ships in there, from the mention of Star Wars - But I was wondering if you also have any of Mox's cool M7's etc or Balogts?

Ooooh, I can smell it in the air and this time I havent farted....its the smell of a new Mega Mod on the way :lol:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 22:55

Dread wrote:But I was wondering if you also have any of Mox's cool M7's etc or Balogts?
No, we do not have any ships from Moxy. I beleive he does not wish for his models to be taken out of xtended. Therefore were honoring his wish.

However Balogt and DeadlyDa seem to be very generous with their creations and master peices. You shall find quite a few of these tucked away in our sectors.

Glad to spot your intrest. :wink:

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 23:05

Dread wrote:Dude... (having a Hurley moment, sorry) have you checked out my list of possible tweaks and changes, as some may be of interest.
What I read above sounds awesome and Im looking forward to trying it out. Wondering if the extra 96 sectors contain many 'passage' sectors where they are inbetween sectors with nothing in except the possibility of trouble in the form of red icons on the gravidar.
Also wondering about the new ships. Guessing you have got Deadly's ships in there, from the mention of Star Wars - But I was wondering if you also have any of Mox's cool M7's etc or Balogts?

Ooooh, I can smell it in the air and this time I havent farted....its the smell of a new Mega Mod on the way :lol:
Ashley has pointed out the ship situation but as for inbetween sectors that idea never came up until now afaik.

There are some pretty deadly sectors that are pirate owned. One called Badlands which is very dense fog and strewn with asteroids, so if the Pirates don't get you the asteroids might. You just need lose concentration by looking to the left and wham, kiss rock! :lol:
[ external image ]
Modding Guide V1.6

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 23:24

Heres a link to some screenshots of ships that are in XFP. Note: Not all ships have screenshots yet, and if they do not their not even mentioned in that list.

http://www.xperiment-fusion-project.net ... c.php?t=35

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 00:01

Just a note on ships and this is not a plug :roll: (cough) but the textures on the Northstar Warrior glow and change colours in different sector environments.

They look really cool in the Khaak sectors giving a sort of threatening warning to those little pyramid shaped enemy. That is until they blow the stuffing out of you of course. :lol:
[ external image ]
Modding Guide V1.6

Trigg004
x3

Post by Trigg004 » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 11:57

question, is this Mod able to go with other mods>

*Can this mod work with all mods/scripts?* :roll:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 12:32

the simple answer is the same as other mods.

you cant run 2 mods at the same time and considering this one will change alot of data files, it wont be compatable with other mods

Wip3out (Bru)
xr

Post by Wip3out (Bru) » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 19:44

I have a question. Maybe its silly but if Ego releases a patch, will it update all game content and the fusion mod?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 22:05

Wip3out (Bru) wrote:if Ego releases a patch, will it update all game content and the fusion mod?
It will most likely require a new version of the XFP mod. Their is soo much changed inside our mod. However we will try to make it so that it wont corrupt a game save when a new patch from Ego rolls around. :wink:
Trigg004 wrote:is this Mod able to go with other mods
Same as Cycrow said. Except, if you want a mod added why dont you take they hyperspace jump into our forums and post such. :wink: Then it may be included if the original author provides permission. :)

Note: My sig is the link. :wink:

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 22:57

To back up Ashleys words, we will be constantly checking any ES releases and adjusting accordingly just like other projects. :wink:
[ external image ]
Modding Guide V1.6

Trigg004
x3

Post by Trigg004 » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 01:34

TFP sounds really cool, im not sure how your gona add all this to the game, but if ur getting Egosofts help, then im sure its gona work out fine....I hope.

Me and Brad are just seeing what is what and which is which in this game, but still a little clueless on the 3D editor, but he asked me to post.

He asked, if he managed to make a mod or something, will TFP intervein with his mod?

Because hes like a bragger, and after he does his first ship, he gona make a Gundam *as if* :P

*question was that, i know u can't run 2 mods at the same time, but can u still use the programs like Ship program by Cycrow or script installer?*

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 01:51

Trigg004 wrote:TFP sounds really cool
XFP...
Trigg004 wrote:if ur getting Egosofts help, then im sure its gona work out fine....I hope.
Correct me if im wrong, but Egosoft never helped moddlers in unsigned scripts. What makes anyone think they would even start for mods?
Trigg004 wrote:He asked, if he managed to make a mod or something, will TFP intervein with his mod?
XFP...

If intervein means what I think it is as, "include". It is always a possibility, if someone requests it on our fourms. Whether it be scripts or mods, ect.
Trigg004 wrote:Because hes like a bragger, and after he does his first ship, he gona make a Gundam *as if* :P
Thats another one of our reasons to do this mod. To alow the common moddler to get credits for their work. Because lets be honest, if someone wants a ship mod, their going to get DDRS or Xtended. Chances are they dont want just one ship, if you get my drift.
Trigg004 wrote:*question was that, i know u can't run 2 mods at the same time, but can u still use the programs like Ship program by Cycrow or script installer?*
I beleive we plan on using the Ship Installer and Script Installer for public releases. This should provide the player with near full control over what goes into their mod. We plan to have quite a large manuel to go along with it, to help the player to select excatly what they want. It should explain what is required for each object added, and what each seperate parts does.

I would link to a thread that explained all that very well, but im afraid that thread has been lost... :cry:

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 03:15

Heres another link viewers may want to visit. This is to a script request sticky. This is where everyone should request scripts to be added. :wink:

http://www.xperiment-fusion-project.net ... ?p=662#662

@ north

You should put the scripts sticky and ships sticky in the OP when you get a chance. :wink:

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 03:35

You'l soon put my little XSP-making site out-of-business :)

Though I suspect you've long since put in more models than I have, feel free to use anything I've put up.

I'm really looking forward to this mod :)

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 04:04

tensin wrote:feel free to use anything I've put up.

I'm really looking forward to this mod :)
Thank you. :wink: north and I had a little admin discussion earlier where we we talking about asking for permission. :)

Were very glad your interested. :D

PS. Were not here to put anyone "out of business" so to speak. :wink:

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 18:47

Hi tensin, I was just checking your site about 10 minutes ago and it looks very cool. :thumb_up: I just found out about it yesterday, probably my fault for being too busy to visit here so often :oops:

I can see you put a lot of work into it. Especially the research on the correct ship names, specs and pictures. I know how much work goes into that. :wink:

No competition at all and our mod is for everyone and everyone is welcome to help in any way. I appreciate your offer of those ships, we could really use some of the old X2 ships if that is ok? I had a quick scan through and think we have most of the others, but I might be wrong.

I have most of the models from X2 but as you already have them packaged it would save us a great deal of time.

The end result of the mod will hopefully be fun for everyone. If you require anything in return just ask.

Regards

North :)
[ external image ]
Modding Guide V1.6

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Mon, 12. Jun 06, 02:17

Schweet!!!

This is next after I wrap up my current game in Xtended :D
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 12. Jun 06, 18:27

glad u r lookin forward to it