Fanfiction - The Altarians [FINISHED]

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

dirtbag
x4

Fanfiction - The Altarians [FINISHED]

Post by dirtbag » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 20:21

Hey,

this is my first attempt to a story, so I'm hoping you'll like it.
All comments are welcome.

Chapter one - First Steps:
The Terran Odin 'USC Solaris', commanded by Lt. Admiral G. Hackman was about to test its new drive. The drive was very fast, and it included gateless jumping. The ship was designed to experiment with new engine systems. The captain of the USC Solaris got the go ahead for the last test run. They would fly to the edges of the Sol system, to ensure that gravity pools, like planets and the sun wouldn't influence the launch. The captain started charging the jumpdrives. It would take some minutes to be fully charged. Meanwhile shields were charged to the maximum. The ship would be put under strain of very strong forces.

The destination of the jump would be 71 lightyears away. A system named Georgius IV had strange properties. Very long-range telescopes discovered a dyson sphere in the system. The Terrans wanted to investigate it. It took 3 months to build the ship.

Meanwhile, tensions were growing between the Terrans and Split. The Split wanted a full surrender of the Terrans, but the Terrans denied. A few days later the Split sent the demand again, now with an ultimatum. The Terrans wanted to secure their nation. They had 7 more weeks to reply to the ultimatum.

On the ship, the crew was becoming more nervous. The ship was fully crewed. The captain then told the crew to go to the safe area's. Hackman encouraged the crew. Then he activated the engine.
Last edited by dirtbag on Fri, 23. Jun 06, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 15:22

like it keep it comming

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 16:54

xeon_1 wrote:like it keep it comming
I will try to post the next chapter today, otherwise tomorrow. I got it half-finished

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 20:25

well, I'll give a bonus now, 2 chapters.

Chapter 2 - Arival:
The ship was engulfed with light.

When they arived, the captain told the crew to go back at their normal positions. The USC Solaris moved into the system at medium speed. They discovered the Dyson Sphere quickly enough. Their sensors picked alot of acitivity up around the Dyson Sphere. The ship moved close to an asteroid belt. They were quite surprised, not to get contacted immediately. The ship launched one fighter wing, which would head for the Dyson Sphere. The ship's crew was informed of the real nature of the mission. The crew started to get nervous. The fighter wing, containing of 3 m3's, 6 m4's and 8 m5's was closing in at high speed. Squadron commander P. Mcgee reported to the Admiral: "We have discovered many energy peaks within the dyson sphere. Most are at the core, but we also spot alot at the edges. I am not sure what those energy peaks are, but they are definately highly charged. I think those on the edges are defence weapons. We also pick alot of sensor interference up coming from one of the large asteroids in the system. There is very high activity around both the asteroid and the Dyson Sphere. It would be highly inadvisable to close in to it, without additional support, if this race would be hostile." The Admiral sat back in his seat, thinking of what to do. He would have to report to the headquarters, but if he would jump, they would spot him. He decided to talk with his top officers onboard.

Chapter 3 - Horror:
After a few hours of discussion and considering, the captain decided to retrieve all fighter wings and fly back home. After a few hours of preparations, the ship flew back to the border of the system, and jumped. They came back home, but what they saw wasn't Titan, the terraformed moon, they saw a huge infernal hell and a huge battle.

They saw some Terran ships heading for them. Hackman hailed them.
Hackman: "This is Lt. Admiral Hackman, please identify and report your status."
Captain Igeskov: "This is the USC Thunder, we are under attack from Split forces."
Hackman: "This ultimatum would pend for 7 weeks, why would they attack us now?"
Igeskov: "Well, the 7 weeks have passed. We suffered heavy losses in the Heretic's End sector."
Hackman: "What are the plans of the government?"
Igeskov: "They are planning to launch an already prepared fleet of transports and battleships."
Hackman: "Why can't we fend them off? Split aren't that strong."
Igeskov: "They got the element of surprise, and seem to use some sort of superweapons."
Hackman: "Like what happened on, what previously was, Titan?"
Igeskov: "Yes, they also destroyed a large part of the outer military outposts."
Hackman: "Well, we have encountered a race which might be able to help us out."
Igeskov: "You should report it back to your superiors."
Hackman: "We aren't armed for combat, tell the fleet to come here."
Igeskov: "Why should they?"
Hackman: "We got valuable data, which the USC headquarters surely want to see."
Igeskov: "The USC headquarters are no more. The split wiped them out with a sort of combination between an EMP and nuclear bomb."
Hackman: "Do you know anyone who still is in command?"
Igeskov: "Well, the only government we still have got is on Earth. Earth is now besieged, as are Mars and Venus."
Hackman: "Could you send that transport fleet over here?"
Igeskov: "I will try. Please stay out of range of those Split capital ships, they are equiped with very powerful weapons."
Hackman: "Ok, make sure to stay in one piece. Hackman out."

Hackman sits back in his seat. He is puzzled by the fact that the travel took so long. They perceived it only as one day.

Suddenly a huge fleet jumps into the system at the southern gate. They aren't recognisable from such a far distance, but one thing is sure, they are heavily armed.

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 20:44

now, 2 more chapters. Opinions wanted please :roll:

Chapter 4 - Unknown Helpers:
Hackman looked in fear how the unknown fleet moved in the direction of Earth. It definately weren't kha'ak, xenon, argon, split, paranid, boron, teladi or Terran ships. He saw how energy peaks started to show up. Hackman saw a second fleet, when a Split M1 exploded close to the moon Titan. The fleets started fighting the Split. They could definately identify some shipclasses, like M1's, M2's, M3's, m4's, m5's and m6's. But they were puzzled by the fact, that there were 2 more shipclasses. One shipclass was between the m6 and m2. But there was another shipclass. The ship was of unusual size. It was very big, but still very fast. Hackman starts thinking. Why would they help us? How did they know of us? How did they come here?

Then the navigator reports to Hackman.
Navigator: "Sir, the fleet has arived, we are ready to jump."
Hackman: "Tell them to wait for our signal."
Navigator: "Why should we wait, the Split can destroy us easily while we are sitting ducks."
Hackman: "You see what's happening out there? Here, watch the tactical screen."
The navigator watches the spectacle. Many Split ships get destroyed.
Navigator: "Wow, those ships are unfamiliar with our database. We should jump, they might attack us too."
Hackman: "Yes, good idea."

Hackman contacts the fleet. "All ships, prepare to jump." A few moments later: "All ships, jump on my command. 10, 9 , 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, activate."
The fleet is engulfed with light.

Chapter 5 - New home:
The fleet arived in an uninhabited system. It contains 2 hospitable planets, a large asteroid belt and some other planets.

the USC Solaris gets hailed by the USC New York.
Captain Igeskov: "USC Solaris, this is the USC New York, report in."
Hackman: "Igeskov, what are you doing on that ship? I thought you were on the USC Thunder."
Igeskov: "Yes, I was urgently moved from the USC Thunder to this ship."
Hackman: "I see, what do you want to tell me?"
Igeskov: "The Earth government sent me a message, here, it's for you. Watch it."
Hackman watches the message.
Hackman: "So they made me the leader of the Terran Refuge?"
Igeskov: "Yes, and not only that, you are admiral of the fleet, and you overview all military and major economic tasks."
Hackman: "Well, seems I got a big burden on my shoulders."
Igeskov: "We trust in you."
Hackman: "My nav computer says this system is unnamed."
Igeskov: "Oh yes, I forgot to tell, this system has to be called: Cygnus IV. The colonisable planets are Cygnus IV major and
minor."
Hackman: "Ok, we'll update the computers."

Hackman orders the fleet to proceed to their objectives.

After a few months of hard work, the system is completely self-sufficient. It can already produce some shiptypes.
After 8 months, a ship jumps in. It is obviously a Terran ship. The ship hails the newly established USC headquarters.
"The sun in the Sol system exploded. We don't know what the cause was, but we are sure that nothing survived."
The ship closes the comlink and jumps away.

After some years, the new colony is thriving. They have colonized some nearby systems. They use cloning programs and
artificial breeding to rapidly increase their population. The population is wealthy, and is a thriving one.
Some people are wanting to go back to the old universe. Some want to start over new. One thing is sure, it will never be
as it used to be. This is their new home, from here, they have to take revenge on the Split.

Some months pass without any special events, then, the 'Unknown Helpers' jump in.

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 21:53

the real plot part is coming up soon, this is only the beginning :roll:

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 06:25

good story, my only thing is i dont care how many ships the split have they could NEVER match the terrans firepower, i mena just one of their ships is more powerful than like 4-5 pythons :D not only that but the argon would never stand for it

yes terrans are my favorite race :D

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 15:55

Kurt Shur'Tugal wrote:good story, my only thing is i dont care how many ships the split have they could NEVER match the terrans firepower, i mena just one of their ships is more powerful than like 4-5 pythons :D not only that but the argon would never stand for it

yes terrans are my favorite race :D
Well, I didn't tell all of my plot, here comes a part:

Chapter 6 - New Friends:
The Unknown Helpers hail the USC Solaris (now the Terran flagship).
The ship is identified as the IAF Hurricane by the translators.
Hackman accepts the transmission.
IAF Hurricane: "We are the Altarians. We saw you exploring one of our systems a few years ago."
Hackman: "That's correct, I was on that ship. How do you know?"
IAF Hurricane: "We tracked your ship with a beacon. When you jumped back into the Sol system, we saw you were in serious trouble."
Hackman: "Why would you help a species which has trespassed your territory?"
IAF Hurricane: "We know of something. We can't tell it now, but we can in the near future, once you've gained our trust."
Hackman: "Well, has it to do with the Split?"
IAF Hurricane: "Yes, and they got a very strong ally on their side. They wouldn't develop such weapons by themselves. That's the moment we discovered their helper."
Hackman: "Which helper?"
IAF Hurricane: "We can't tell now."
Hackman: "Ok, so what are we going to do about the Split?"
IAF Hurricane: "We're increasing our technology and fleet size everyday. You should do so too."
Hackman: "We will, can we see you as allies?"
IAF Hurricane: "Yes you can, we will together take revenge on the Split. We're sorry that we couldn't prevent the destruction of your homeworld."
Hackman: "It has its advantages and disadvantages."
IAF Hurricane: "How do you mean?"
Hackman: "Well, we didn't like the connection made to our system. It brought us much trouble."
IAF Hurricane: "I see, so now you can rebuild in peace."
Hackman: "Yes, we have within 5 years enough power to defend against a full onslaught."
IAF Hurricane: "You have to be ready for a massive offensive within 10 years."
Hackman: "Ok, how can we contact you in the future?"
IAF Hurricane: "We place here in the system some communication probes, hail them, and you will contact us."
Hackman: "Will do, USC Solaris out."

Hackman gets back in his seat, and thinks.
This ship should be the pride of the fleet. The Split will have improved technology, we haven't.
They have more ships, we have just a minimal defensive fleet.
But one thing what we have, is the element of surprise next time.
Next time, we'll hit their homeworld, and hard. Family pride. It's not just their homeworld, it's their symbol of power.

Now we should focuss on our homeworld. After 5 years, on the offensive.

Chapter 7 - Return to the X-universe.
6 years have passed since the first contact with the Altarians. They already trade easily by both gateless systems and gates.
Captain Igeskov got his own heavily armed M1 including fighter wings and missiles.
Hackman has now the newly built Terran M0, called USC Hegemony.
P. Mcgee has his own task force, including 1 m2, 5 m6's and some fighter wings.

Igeskov is on his ship, awaiting orders.

A few hours later, he receives a message from the USC Headquarters.
"Captain Igeskov,
We will give your new orders in this message.
We warn you of the highly dangerous nature of this mission.
Be prepared for enemy contact, you will head for the X-universe."
Igeskov pauses, thinks deeply, and reads further.
"We want you to see how the others Humans are doing within the X-universe.
You will fly to these systems:
1. Omicron Lyrae
2. Montalaar
3. Argon Prime
Try to make contact with the Argon, if the sector is under enemy control, try to contact any Argon ship.
Make sure you'll get back. Every spotted or destroyed Terran ship will betray our position.
Good luck!"

Igeskov thinks again. Then he decides that the best time to jump, is now.

The ship jumps a few minutes later.

When the ship arrives in Omicron Lyrae, they can't see any ships. They move to what once was the middle of the sector.
They see wrecks of many stations. They see shattered planets, many asteroids, but no sign of activity.
Igeskov decides to leave this system and move to Montalaar.

When they arrive in Montalaar, they detect very much activity.
When Igeskov takes a closer look, he sees that it are Argon ships. He is pleased with that.
Igeskov moves into the system, and contacts the trading station.

Igeskov: "This is the USC Prosperity. Argon, please report in."
Trading station manager: "This is the station manager talking, can you please identify yourself?"
Igeskov: "This is Commander Igeskov, of the Terran USC Prosperity. Please confirm you're Argon."
Trading station manager: "We are the Argon. We don't believe you're Terran. Please tell the name of the Terran pilot who went missing, but returned."
Igeskov: "That's Kyle Brennan. I regrettably have to inform, that he is dead."
Trading station manager: "Ok, you're Terran. How did you survive?"
Igeskov: "I can't tell it now, but it's unaccessible by normal means."
Trading Station Manager: "Hmmm, what are you doing here?"
Igeskov: "We are looking for allies in the war against the Split. What is your current status?"
Trading Station manager: "In the past years, the Split have destroyed all Argon sectors around Omicron Lyrae. They also destroyed Antigone Memorial."
Igeskov: "How about Argon Prime?"
Trading Station Manager: "Argon Prime is unaccessible. It's currently being besieged by the Split. We can't reach it, they have placed minefields around all the surrounding gates."
Igeskov: "You say minefields at the gates, not at the rest?"
Trading Station Manager: "No, probes have confirmed that."
Igeskov: "Good, because we got gateless jumping. Tell the Argon to survive, and that we will support you."
Trading Station Manager: "Ok, you have more allies?"
Igeskov: "Yes we have. There's more behind this war than just Split aggressivity. We don't know yet what, but we'll know it soon."
Trading Station Manager: "We will tell our command to make sure to survive."
Igeskov: "Make sure you'll survive for 5 more years, best thing is to place minefields at the gates."
Trading Station Manager: "I don't have the power to do that, but I can suggest it to my superiors."
Igeskov: "Ok, Igeskov out."

Igeskov jumps back to the Cygnus IV system, now named Terra Prime.

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 16:03

well, if you've read it so far. you can see some things:

-War is being waged on 2 levels.
-The Split are far more powerful than in X3.
-The Split are being helped by a very powerful race.
-The Split did not only attack the Terrans, but also inflicted huge losses at Argon side.
-The X-universe will be altered forever.

I hope this makes some things clear.

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 16:24

looking good!

AssKicker#1
x3

Post by AssKicker#1 » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 16:35

keep it coming :)
Who else thinks my little purple alien looks like a blackcurrent waiting to be squashed. Answers on a post card, send them to someone who cares!

dirtbag
x4

Here comes the real plot!

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 18:17

Chapter 8 - True Reasons:
Igeskov immediately flies for the USC Hegemony. He opens a com channel.
Hackman: "Igeskov, good you've made it back. What did you find?"
Igeskov: "Well, it's shocking news. I talked to a trading station manager in Montalaar."
Hackman: "How shocking?"
Igeskov: "All Argon sectors around Argon Prime and Omicron Lyrae are destroyed."
Hackman: "Oh my god. I knew those Split were planning something. But this?!"
Igeskov: "I've advised them to plant minefields around their borders."
Hackman: "Good job, I've talked to the Altarians. They provided me with some information."
Igeskov: "Am I allowed to hear it?"
Hackman: "Sure, here I send you the message and news report on the Terran Interstellar News Channel."

Igeskov opens the news report:
"Today shocking news arrived at the Terrans. The Split weren't waging a war on their own. Intelligence reports from our allies, the Altarians have reveiled the intervention of 'The Ancients'.
The report also stated that the Ancients supplied shields, weapons and generators to the Split. This might explain the dramatic loss of our homeworld, 12 years ago. The Split weren't thought to be that strong. When they attacked, they sent their entire battle fleet in.
These ships were equiped with Ancient's technology. It's still unclear how they built so many ships secretly in such a short time, but they just overwelmed us.
The legendary ship USC Solaris, still existing, as one of the few ships, from that time, is now being made open for public. It will become a memorial and museum.
USC states that they already have some connections within the X-universe. The latest increase in production, is for a new offensive. Hackman also gave a speech to the people, saying that these were hard times.
He thanked the people for being so dedicated and loyal. He says the location of the attack will be straight at their research and production facilities. Hackman was unclear about the fact, when the attack would take place.
This is TINC from Terra Prime."

Igeskov: "The Ancients? They suddenly have to do with this?"
Hackman: "Yes, the Antarians are at war with the Ancients, and have a widespread intelligence network within their federation."
Igeskov: "I can't understand why the Ancients would help the Split."
Hackman: "Well, it seems that the Argons and Paranid have committed some atriocities, they built their own gates."
Igeskov: "Like we did 800 years ago?"
Hackman: "Yes, and like the Argon and Paranid did 13 years ago."
Igeskov: "Isn't it the gate linking Sol with Heretic's End?"
Hackman: "Yes it is. The Ancients never wanted to let the Argon and Terrans meet eachother."
Igeskov: "And this is how THEY solve this?! By war?!"
Hackman: "Yes, and not only that, they are bent on exterminating all Argon and Terrans."
Igeskov: "Those Ancients are powerful, they could easily destroy us. Why don't they attack?"
Hackman: "They don't want to make their hands dirty on 'lesser races'. After they eliminate the Argons, they will attack the Paranid."
Igeskov: "We should tell the Paranid!"
Hackman: "They would never believe us, even if we would hand over the Antarian's Intelligence report."
Igeskov: "But, what should we do now?"
Hackman: "Make sure that the Argons will survive."
Igeskov: "Can I help with that?"
Hackman: "Yeah, I will give your orders soon."
Igeskov: "Ok, what are my current orders?"
Hackman: "Patrol the Terra Prime system at these grids which I will send now."
Igeskov: "Got them, I will inform you once I got the new orders."

Igeskov is puzzled by the complexity of this war. He decides to start his patrol.

Michiel1
x3

Post by Michiel1 » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 18:20

question: you have only noticed the terrans and the split, where do the argon live and how about the races: boron, paranid and teladi? (btw i like the boron on my side :wink: .

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 18:22

Michiel1 wrote:question: you have only noticed the terrans and the split, where do the argon live and how about the races: boron, paranid and teladi? (btw i like the boron on my side :wink: .
Boron, and Teladi are neutral.

Argons and Terrans are at war with Split.

Paranid are secondary target of the Split.

Michiel1
x3

Post by Michiel1 » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 18:25

I would like to try your story, but is it also such an open ended gameplay? Are you able to build your own station, claim your own sector etc.?And now I remember that kha'ak, xenon, pirates(and yaki) also exist, how about them?

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 18:31

kha'ak retreated (if you've finished the story)
xenon will be introduced in the plot soon
pirates=neutral
Yaki=neutral

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 20:13

some more chapters (Yes I have too much free time, so I work on this)

Chapter 9 - First preparations:
After 1 year, alot of contacts have been established with the Argon. The Argon made their territories inaccessible to outsiders.
All Argon ships are equiped with jumpdrives, except for the discoverer.
Igeskov explored many sectors. He is the negotiator between the Argon and Terrans. While the Argons are able to keep the sectors around Montalaar under their control, they struggle with other problems.
The Foundation Guild lies in tatters. The Boron cancelled the treaty, because they didn't respect the brutal nature of this war.
The Boron didn't want to get into war with the Split.
Meanwhile, the Paranid are under attack by the Split. The Split already destroyed the sector Emperor's Mines.
They are now doing regular raids against Paranid Prime.
The Argons still struggle to maintain the Supply lines with Argon Prime. Regular Split attacks on the Heavily armed Argon convoys take their toll.

Mcgee gets new orders from Hackman.
"Mcgee, I've got new orders for you.
You should move to the Montalaar system. The thing you have to do there, is assisting in the construction of a new shipyard.
Your task force is ideal for maintaining security in Montalaar. Eliminate all non-Argon or non-Paranid ships on sight.
Your goal is to secure the construction of a new modern Argon shipyard. Igeskov supplied them with the needed resources.
When the shipyard is operational, they will produce the new upgraded Colossus, Titan, Centaur, Nova and Discoverer ships.
I won't go into details about these ships, but they will almost match our power 5 years ago.
You have to depart within 2 days. The earlier, the better.
Make sure to stay in one piece.
Good luck!"

Mcgee decides to make a good impression, and leaves now.

When he arrives in Montalaar, he sees a battle. It isn't just a small battle. 2 races are involved in it. The Argon and the Split.
Mcgee watches terrified how the Split take out a Mass driver forge with a few shots.

He decides to move into combat formation.
"All ships, move into combat positions. Activate the reflector shield fields."

Chapter 10 - Resque:
A few minutes later, they are ready to move in. This is the first time they'll test the reflector shield technology. It should reflect most shots back to the ships where they came from.
The Argons hail Mcgee.
Sector Commander: "We suffered heavy losses, please help!"
Mcgee: "Calm down, we will move in. We have to make sure we'll make it."
Sector Commander: "We haven't got much time left. They're charging their superweapon."
Mcgee: "What!? A superweapon?"
Sector Commader: "Yes, it's the same one used on Omicron Lyrae."
Mcgee: "What does it do?"
Sector Commander: "Well, it unleashes an enormous shockwave, destroying everything in the sector, including colonies."
Mcgee: "That's serious stuff, we'll hurry."
Sector Commander: "We've placed a beacon on the m1 containing the superweapon. Transmitting signal frequency now."
Mcgee: "Thanks, we'll see what we can do."

Mcgee talks with his taskforce.
"We don't have much time. We have to hurry. You see that M1 up there, close to the gate? That's a superweapon.
If we don't kill it, we'll die. So, stick together, use your brains and guns, and learn these Split a lesson. It's time to avenge our dead ancestors!"

The fleet moves in.
The Split sent 3 m2's, 7 m6's and 9 fighter wings to the Terran fleet.
The Split hail them.
"We are the Split, Terran scum, prepare to die!"
The comlink is closed.
Then the m2's fire a large amount of missiles.
They hit the shield, but the shield holds.
Then the M6's and M2's engage, under cover of the 9 fighter wings.
The first M6's and M2's are killed due to reflecting shots.
Then they retreat.
The Split lost 2 m2's, 5 m6's and 3 fighter wings.
Then the fleet moves towards the superweapon.
Mcgee orders a scan of the entire superweapon.
The scan reveals the main generator. He orders the artilery M6's to fire at it.
The artillery M6's shoot massive Ionined gass bursts in the direction of the ship. Then 2 fighter wings sneak past the Split forces, and cripple the ship's engines.
The rest of the Split fleet sees the Terran ships. The Ion bursts hit the generator, the ship loses power in high speed.
Some Split m1's move into a formation around the superweapon, this formation has been seen before, it's the kha'ak m0+m2 formation seen at the battle of omicron lyrae.
Mcgee could recognise it, because he had alot of lessons in Argon history on the military school.
They started to power the ship back up. Meanwhile, the other Split ships started to retreat through the gate.
Mcgee's M2 and 2 m6's and some fighter wings followed, so did the TL with the shield generator.
The Argon started a massive attack on the superweapon. Mcgee told his m6's to stay in the shield's range.
They went through the gate, and arrived within the Light of Heart sector. Here another battle was raging, which the Argon were definately winning.
The Split started to engage the Argon and Terran ships. After a long battle, the Split were beaten.
Mcgee wanted to fly back into the Montalaar system. They saved the last Argon shipyard.

When Mcgee entered back into the Montalaar system, he saw many wrecks. It seemed the superweapon still went off.
He flew back into the Light of Heart system. Telling the Argons to come with him, and come within the shield.
He also instructed the Argons to get some of their population transporters to join with them.

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 16:03

2 more chapters :)
These feature some battles ;)

Chapter 11 - Emergency jump:
The fleet awaits the other ships to arrive.
A few hours later, the population transports are in position.
Mcgee hails an Argon Colossus:
Mcgee: "We will bring you to safety, just follow our orders."
Captain: "Where are you bringing us?"
Mcgee: "To our current stronghold."
Captain: "I thought that just a few ships survived, and that you didn't have entire colonies."
Mcgee: "We have 4 systems under our control. We have access to one more, we will bring you there."
Captain: "Is it a hospitable system?"
Mcgee: "It contains 7 planets, of which 2 very hospitable."
Captain: "What is the enviroment on them?"
Mcgee: "One is a bit warmer than Earth, and the other has about the same temperatures."
Captain: "Ok, what do we have to do?"
Mcgee: "Just stay inside this shield, and have your shields charged to the maximum."
Captain: "Ok, we will be ready in a few minutes."
Mcgee: "I'll give the signal."

Then the tactical officer comes into the bridge.
TO: "We detected multiple unknown jump signatures at the edge at the system. They are far more advanced than the Split, but definately not ours nor Altarian."
Mcgee: "I will tell the Argons to hurry, thanks."
TO: "Should we keep an eye on them?"
Mcgee: "Yes, but don't make them angry, first contact protocols now."
TO: "Ok, will do."

Mcgee hails the Argon colossus again.
Mcgee: "The situation has changed a bit."
Captain: "How do you mean?"
Mcgee: "We got unknown ships closing in, so we neet to hurry."
Captain: "We have some problems with one of the transports."
Mcgee: "It's about losing one transport or losing the entire fleet."
Captain: "I will see what I can do."
Mcgee: "Make sure you're ready within 2 minutes."

Then some more jumpsignatures are detected. The Tactical Officer comes back.
TO: "We don't know what these ships are, but they are definately hostile."
Mcgee: "Why?"
TO: "Their weapons are very highly charged."
Mcgee: "Seems we got some company out there."
TO: "They are in visual range, should we put them on screen?"
Mcgee: "Yes, do so."

The ships appear on the screen.
TO: "These ships aren't of one race, but I count 3 races."
Mcgee: "Sounds a bit like the Ancients."
TO: "You see that yellow ship there, it's almost fully consisting of energy."
Mcgee: "Strange, never seen things like that."

The Argon captain hails them.
Captain: "We are ready to go."
Mcgee: "Good, we will activate jump sequence now."

Mcgee: "Navigator, take us back home now!"
Navigator: "We can't, they got jumpdrive jamming devices."

Mcgee thinks, then he got an idea.

He hails the M6 USC Falcon.
Mcgee: "USC Falcon, move to these coordinates, and jump home."
USC Falcon: "Why, we won't leave you alone."
Mcgee: "We are in desperate need of some good ships."
USC Falcon: "We will jump."

the USC Falcon flies away. A few minutes later, it jumps.
Mcgee hopes they will make it in time.

The Ancient's ships charge their weapons even further. Then they fire their first wave of plasma bolts.
The shield holds, but not all shots get reflected back.
3 m2's get destroyed.
Mcgee: "These ships are powerful, look, with one wave they took our shield's energy to 56%."

Then suddenly alot of fighters appear.
They start flying straight for them. Some moments later, they're through the shields.
Mcgee: "Argon ships, engage! Also make sure you'll stay in these shields!"

The fighter wave cripples one Terran m2. Then the Argons activate their FAA's.
A massive chaotic battle follows.
When some enemy m2's launch another wave of plasma bolts, 2 fleets jump in.

They get hailed by the USC Hegemony.
Hackman: "Good you've hold out, we have come here with some of our best ships. Lets kick some Ancient's butt."
Mcgee: "Yes, be quick, they almost took our shields down, and crippled one of our 3 m2's."
Hackman: "I'm glad to see that you have got the Argons here."
Mcgee: "Who's fleet is that other fleet?"
Hackman: "That are the Altarians. They want to make sure the Argons survive."
Mcgee: "Well, we should hurry."

Hackman deploys his VLRN (Very Long Range Neutron) Cannons on his M0.
Hackman: "Lets see what they think of this weapon. Good, newly invented Terran piece of masterwork."
Mcgee: "Well, don't hit us."
Hackman: "We won't, these are half projectile, half energy based. They guide the package to the target."
Mcgee: "Does it have the same effect as the Argon mass drivers?"
Hackman: "Yes, and even better, they can cripple a M2 in 3 hits."
Mcgee: "Good, lets get on with it."

Hackman fires a volley at the Ancient's M1.

The shots hit their target, and the M1 explodes with a huge shockwave. The shockwave also cripples some nearby M1's and M2's.

Mcgee: "Good shot!"
Hackman: "Thank you, it's good i've taken my nice shiny ship with me. Sadly it's going to get scratched now."
Mcgee: "Although you can see now, how your new ship performes on the race track."
Hackman: "Yes, that's the good point of it."

All Terran and Argon ships engage. The Altarians guide some more Argon ships to safety.
Then one of the Ancient's ships hails Hackman.

Ancient's M2: "You've won here, but you'll never stop our plans."
Hackman: "We know your plans, and will make sure we disrupt them."
Ancient's M2: "We gave the Split gateless jumpdrives, now, lets see who wins the cat and mouse game."
Hackman: "We have the best ships in the universe. But I am now very likely to fire a nice shot at your little ship."
Ancient's M2: "You won't have the time for that."

The comlink is closed.

Hackman fires a huge volley at the central m2.
The m2 explodes with a huge explosion. The shockwave rips through the Ancient's fleet, many get destroyed. Some Ancient's ships manage to jump away. The Terrans and last Argons jump to Cygnus V.

Chapter 12 - Revenge:
Some years have passed, with only minor battles. The Argon have been completely eradicated from the X-universe by the Split.
The Terrans have meanwhile developed many new technologies. The VLRN Cannon was the spearhead of this wave of inventions. The Terrans have now 9 systems under their control, the Argons have 4 under their control.
In the past years, the Terran fleet has grown alot. The past years, they've helped the Antarians fighting the Ancients. They managed to clear 7 systems of Ancient's presence.
Now, it's time to take revenge on the Split. The Terran Assault Fleet (TAF) has gathered in the Terra Prime system.
Some high-ranking captains were making the final plans.
Roles:
Hackman: He would be the base of operations just outside of the system.
Mcgee: He would secure the gates.
Igeskov: He had to clear the system itself of enemy presence.

Hackman: "All ships, jump on my signal... 3... 2... 1... Jump!"

All ships jumped. Destination: Family Pride.

They arrived. All ships went for their targets. Hackman saw some strange activity in a nebula nearby. There were alot of ships close to it. He decided to investigate.
A few minutes later, he arrived at the nebula. He scanned the nebula, and located a shipyard inside of it.
He sent some camera drones in.
The shipyard came into sight. He was suddenly shocked. This weren't normal ships under construction. They were energy-based.
Hackman hailed Igeskov and Mcgee.
Hackman: "I've got a very dire situation out here!"
Igeskov: "Calm down, what is it?"
Hackman: "Here, I'll link the images through to you."
Mcgee and Igeskov are both shocked.
Mcgee: "So this is what they're doing."
Hackman: "These are the ships the Altarians talked about, they can easily take out any ship."
Igeskov: "That's really horrible."
Hackman: "I'm going to eliminate them now!"
Mcgee: "That's strategically very unwise, send some elite fighter wings in."
Hackman: "They could also do the job."
Igeskov: "How fast can these ships be constructed?"
Hackman: "Depends from shipyard to shipyard, but this shipyard seems specifically designed for this task. I think they can finish one within 1 week."
Igeskov: "That's really fast. It will be likely that they have an entire fleet of them."
Hackman: "Very likely. We need to eliminate them as soon as possible, with these ships they can dominate the entire X-universe."
Mcgee: "Well, I've the gates, nothing gets in or out."
Igeskov: "I took out some weapons production facilities and the shipyard. But one weapon production facility looks very strange."
Hackman: "You got images of it?"
Igeskov: "Linking them now through."

Hackman takes a good look at them. He thinks.

Hackman: "These produce the weapons for those ships. These stations can only be taken out from the inside with a neutron or thermo-nuclear bomb."
Igeskov: "We don't have those, while we have thermonuclear-warheaded missiles."
Hackman: "Do they fit on fighters?"
Igeskov: "Yes they do."
Hackman: "Let a fighter wing infiltrate the base, and shoot the missile against the generator, located at the back of the hangar."
Igeskov: "Will do."

Hackman: "Mcgee, what's your status?"
Mcgee: "We got here unknown incoming ships at the border of the system. We spotted them due to their energy signatures."
Hackman: "I can't spot them on my sensors yet."
Mcgee: "They are definately highly charged."
Hackman: "Try to take care of them."
Mcgee: "Will try, what to do if I fail?"
Hackman: "Then try to head for us, if you can't, selfdestruct your ships. All of them."
Mcgee: "Ok, Mcgee out."

Hackman orders the launch of 3 elite fighter wings, consisting mainly of highly trained pilots and very powerful M3's and M4's.
The attack commander is Sayo. They move past the guards, and attack the shipyard.
Then, all of a sudden, the ships undock from the shipyard. They start emiting massive shockwaves, which only seem to affect Terran ships.
Hackman: "Sayo, make sure you'll destroy them, it's all or nothing."
Sayo: "Yes sir, fighters, scramble and engage according to operational parameters."
Hackman: "Hackman out."

The battle inside the nebula rages for 45 minutes. The energy-based ships get destroyed. The elite fighter wings endured massive losses, and took out the target. The others got back with minor losses. All targets were destroyed, and the planet was bombed out of existence. They jump back to the Terra Prime system.
Hackman: "Sayo, welcome back, I'm very proud of what you did."
Sayo watches tired and drinks a bit.
Hackman continues: "You did not only save the day, you've struck them a massive blow."
Sayo can't say a word. He is still full with painkillers. His M3 was badly hit during the battle. He has scratches and burnt spots all over his body.
Hackman: "We have taken out Family Pride, and mainly thanks to you. The others also did a great job, but you've crippled the Split new production facility. If we allowed this shipyard to run for 1 more month, they would have gotten unbeatable."
Sayo: "These ships are definately powerful, but how powerful are they exactly?"
Hackman: "These ships have the power, well, the ability to take out a planet within one shot."
Sayo: "What are their weaknesses?"
Hackman: "Their main weakness is that they can't endure long fire of energy disruptors. We need to get very close to use them, and by that time, we are killed."
Sayo: "Can fighters mount energy disruptors?"
Hackman: "Some specifically designed M3's can, but not all of them."
Sayo: "Well, we could get hunting for them throughout the galaxy."
Hackman: "We don't know if it is good to do..."
The conversation lasts for 20 more minutes, then Igeskov and Mcgee come into the room.
They talk about all sorts of things, including the future.

Then Hackman receives a message from the Altarians:
"Good Terrans, we have to admit that your race isn't that weak. You've eliminated a Split stronghold singlehandedly. We admire you for that. We have good and bad news.
We start with the good news. We've won some major battles against the Ancients. We've almost pushed them back to where they came from. We have almost reached their homeworld.
The bad news is, is that the shipyard you've destroyed in Family Pride, wasn't the only one. There are 5 more in the X-universe. Some have already been running for 2 months.
Here are the locations:
Omicron Lyrae: 1
Thuruk's Beard: 1
Sol: 1
Family Ryk: 1
Argon Prime: 1

They have currently got 12 M0's of the energy based class.
Also, the Split started a war against the Xenon and Teladi.
Both races are in serious trouble. The Paranid are almost beaten.
We will contact you soon.
Antarian's out."

Hackman thinks, he doesn't know an easy way to kill them.

steveo1259
x3tc

Post by steveo1259 » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 21:26

has this got a mod based on it, or is it based on a mod if so could someone plz post a link

dirtbag
x4

Post by dirtbag » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 21:30

steveo1259 wrote:has this got a mod based on it, or is it based on a mod if so could someone plz post a link
I still need to work on the mod. Model new ships, etc.

Return to “Creative Universe”