[PROGRAM] Ship Manager - Creator & Installer V1.91 : Update 28/02/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think about this program

5. Execellant
78%
4. Good
16%
3. Average
3%
2. Poor
1%
1. Terrible
1%
Not really my thing
1%

Total votes: 326

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 3. Jun 06, 23:21

ok, i've updated the current program, this should fix the problem with the scripts

highwayman
x3

Post by highwayman » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 01:35

ok thanks for the quick response and il give it a try
great idea for this program by the way it will make it a breeze for us newbies to play what mods with what ships with what scripts we want

highwayman
x3

Post by highwayman » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 08:02

ok still doesnt do it so i put the files from the ship install file in scripts and t where they go and now have the ships in the game it seems to creat the mod great but the script to activate it will not apear but at least for now i wqorked around it and got the ships for sale at the different ship yards it apears to be sean if the ai will use them or not i don't know enough about this stuff to say

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 13:44

as much as I love your work Cycrow, I must admit to becoming somewhat frustrated at this appearing in the middle of my ship bug, the latest versions of DDRS just dont seem to like it.

Amyway, I have almost all your other scripts in my game, and I must say you have made what was a good game a great game.

Keep up the fantastic work, I know you can beat this one.
It is hard to soar like an eagle, when you are surrounded by Turkeys.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 15:03

I got it to work. There is a small error in the instructions.

The ship creator / installer program , or sometihing, creates four plugin.shipcreator.* files, and puts them in your main X3Reunion directory. (probably because this is the directory that you point it to, as per its directions).

The ships will NOT show up if those files are in the main X3 directory. You will get readtext errors.

Copy (or cut) and paste those four plugin.shipcreator.* files and put them in your main x3/scripts directory. You'll then see all of the installed ships. And they work fine.

As for my MJ6 wanting to be an M3 docking wise, it was because of some other "Galactica / Viper" spk script that I had installed. I removed it, now have an M6 that doesn't want to squeeze into tiny spaces, and all seems well. Crycrows and Bala's ships seem to work better, via his installer.

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 16:32

I dont actually have a problem with the ships appearing in the game. My problem is when I get into one of them, I end up someplace in the body of the ships, and find it very hard to fly and impossible to fight from that perspective, it almost seems as though I am looking out at the world from about where the cargo bay should be.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 16:53

tiggerbandit, did u try removing the components file from inside the ship creator mod ?

there seems to be a problem with the program generating the correct file, it seems to work for some ppl but not for others which is very strange, im currently looking into it, but removing the file alltogether might fix it

Raptordraco
x3tc

Post by Raptordraco » Sun, 4. Jun 06, 17:36

I added the starfighter to my game...then later on i added some of the other ships, and when i loaded my saved game after adding the extra ships i found myself looking through the body of the starfighter ship..i found that if i went through a gate that seemed to fix it and i was then back in the correct location of the ship, although it was not the starfighter anymore after going through the gate. Went and rebought the starfighter and all was fine again though, have found no other problems with the ship installer.

the saved game was one i saved after adding the starfighter to begin with just to test it.

Cycrow you have done an amazing job with the installer

Cutty
x3

Post by Cutty » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 03:07

The seeing through the model of the ship is a known issue with a number of ships. I have created over 50 ships using Cycrows creator and tested all of them. Here is the list of ship .xsp files that have Cockpit issues with the ship creator/installer. (Or atleast the ones I have created)

A-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Darkship (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Monsoon Gunboat (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Narcissus (DDRS 2.3.3A) Think the M2 Version is fine
Saluco (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Tie-Defender (DRRS 2.3.3A)
Tie-Intercepter (DDRS 2.3.3A)
X-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Y-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)

Weapons Dont Work Properly if at all
A-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Archeon TL (DDRS 2.3.3A)
B-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Banshee (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Basestar (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Basilisk (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Monsoon Gunboat (DDRS 2.3.3A)
ISD (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Nebulon-B (DDRS 2.3.3A)
Ranger (DDRS 2.3.3A) Turets work, Front Lasers dont
Tie-Defender (DRRS 2.3.3A)
Tie-Intercepter (DDRS 2.3.3A
Tloth (DDRS 2.3.3A)
X-Wing (DDRS 2.3.3A)
YWing (DDRS 2.3.3A)

Thats all the issues I can think of atm.

If your ship is not showing up in a Shipyard...open the .xsp file and ensure that the Race Shipyard is selected, if its not selected, select one and Save it again. Then Uninstall the ship from the installer...I personally close it..then reopen and install the new fixed .xsp file. Then close ship installer again and have fun. If it is still not in your shipyard Im sure there are those here that can help solve that or atleast figure out the problem.

-Cutty

TiggerBandit
x3

Post by TiggerBandit » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 05:45

Cycrow wrote:tiggerbandit, did u try removing the components file from inside the ship creator mod ?

Wow, can I have that in English and preferably with idiot proof instructions as well ?

I just import the xsp files in with v1.31 and then load the mod shipcreater.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 05:58

using the X3 mod moanger, open up the shipcreator.cat file and delete types\Componants.txt.

the other way would be to disable all ships, delete the shipcreator.cat and .dat files and reenable all the ships

the latest version 1.31 doesn't add the Componants file, i left it out until i can fix it

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 19:23

it dosent work!!!

I installed the program, I installed the ship as it sayd in the ReadMe and the ships are not in any shipyard. :evil:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 5. Jun 06, 20:38

ok, have you made sure ur running the latest version of the program ?
so the scripts are put in place to add them to the shipyard.

also check that the mod is running when you start the game, its in the mod package list as "shipcreator"

you could open the ship files, xsp files, into the ship creator and select which shipyards you want them in, save and reinstall the file

Mark T
x3

Post by Mark T » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 01:16

does the installer support custom textures for ships? if so how do you set them up and if not sorry for adding another thing to the list.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 01:33

no not yet, ill have to know how custom textures work first

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 04:19

Cycrow wrote:ok, have you made sure ur running the latest version of the program ?
so the scripts are put in place to add them to the shipyard.

also check that the mod is running when you start the game, its in the mod package list as "shipcreator"

you could open the ship files, xsp files, into the ship creator and select which shipyards you want them in, save and reinstall the file
yes i did, today i installed the cheats scrips and there i could create the new ships. I think i will try to do the thing with the ship creator, Thanks :D

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 06:10

Try putting the four "plugin.shipcreator.*" files that you may find in the x3 directory, into the x3/scripts directory. That made it work for me.

Works really well. Another awesome "management" program by Cycrow. And the ships are really well done.

Julius_Sneezer
x3

Post by Julius_Sneezer » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 16:42

I couldn't get this program to work at all until recently I tried copying the scripts into the scripts directory. I think that was the trick that got it to work.

You should include somekind of manual with this program. The readme is very vague.

I finally was able to get it to work using the import wizard and imported a few ships from Extended mod into DDRS. But I have one problem.
I imported the Orbital Weapons Platform but my TL Mammoth cannot pick it up with the Command Console->Custom->Retrieve OWP command?

Has anybody been able to pick up the OWP after importing one?
"I've graduated to a Noobs Noob Assistant now!"

AMD 3000, MSI-7125 Nforce 4 Motherboard, 1gig ram DDR 400 Dual Channel, ATI X1950Pro 256, Win XP Sp2, Creative Audigy 2 Value

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 17:21

the newest version should sort out the scripts automatically now.
i will get a better help sorted out sometime, but help files is something im not good at writing.

as for the OWP, the problem is that the scripts for OWP will need to be altered. Because to access the ship it uses the ships id which is the position in TShips. Which will of course be different when installing it via the program. Thats one of the reasons y its hard to merge large mods together that rely on scripts.

to get any ships working that require seperate scripts would mean you need to alter the scripts to make use of new ship id.

The scripts that come with the program allow you to access the ship by a string id so it doesn't matter what position of TShips its in.

to get it working, you need to replace any entry where it uses the ship type with the shipcreator scripts.
without looking at the owp scripts i cant really say exactly what needs to be changed, but anywhere it references the owp, change it to a varible

Code: Select all

$shiptype = call script 'plugin.shipcreator.getship' ship id = 'SS_SH_OWP'
the string id can be found in xsp file, just open it using the ship creator to view

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Tue, 6. Jun 06, 22:54

NOw all we need is a user ships download library for posting of ships! :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”