[SCRIPT] Taxi Drivers Guild V1.10 : Update 10/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Taxi Drivers Guild V1.10 : Update 10/03/2007

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 06:37

===========================================
Name: X3 Taxi Drivers Guild
Version: V1.10
Author: Cycrow
Updated: 10/03/2007
:arrow: Requires EMP - SPK Download
:arrow: Requires Script Manager to install
:arrow: Download: Main Webpage
My other scripts are available Here

V1.02
* Fixed readtext error in joyride mission
V1.01
* Adjusted expire time of missions
* Fixed joy riding mission.

This script allows you to join the Taxi Drivers guild, so you can turn your ship into a taxi service, transporting passengers around the universe.
There will be 2 upgrades added for your ships, Basic and Luxury Cabin Space.
The Cabin space is used to transport passengers, each passenger will require a certain amount of cabin space to be transported.
Luxury cabin space is more expensive but you will be paid more for transporting passengers that require luxury.
Luxury cabin space can also be used as basic cabin space, so if a mission requires more basic cabin space than you have, they can take up some of the luxury
space as well.

1. The Taxi Drivers Guild

To join the merchants guild, you will need to apply for the membership from the BBS in the Taxi Drivers Guild Stations
There is a one time fee to join the guild.
Once joined, you will get access to cabin space upgrades avaialble from the Guild Stations as well as missions to transport passengers.

Within the guild you will have a rank, you can view this rank buy going to the View Guild Status option in your ships additional command slots.

2. Taxi Drivers Guild Stations.

A few stations will be built by the taxi drivers guild around the universe where you can buy the cabin space upgrades, these are only available to those who
have joined the guild.
The station will have higher priority for taxi missions on the BBS, and is the only place you can join the guild.

When a new shipyard is built, there will be a BBS news article broadcast where the new station is built, so check the BBS for these ;)

3. Missions.

Basic Transport Mission:
Transport passengers from one station to another within a set time, some missions will require a certain ship class, the main one being TP class ships.
others will accept any ship. There must be enough cabin space in your ship to take on the mission, Luxury passengers will pay more but require the more
expensive luxury cabin space.

Passengers like to see the universe around so using the jumpdrive is not allowed, it will be removed from your ship for the duration of the mission, you
can also not change ships.

Pick up and Transport Mission:
Simlar to the basic transport mission, but you must first pickup the passengers from another station and transport them to thier destination.

Jumpdrives will be removed once you pickup the passengers, so you can jump to the pick up station but not use it for the rest of the mission.

Station Transport Tour:
Transport passengers between a few stations, when docking at the next station, you will be told which station to goto next and how long you have to get
there. Like the other missions, you will require enough cabin space to hold the passengers.

Jumpdrives are also not allowed on this mission.

Joy Riding:
Some passengers just like to ride aboard starships and will pay for a joyride, for this mission, you can just go about your normal routine with the passengers
on board. Eventually they will decide they have had enough and the mission will end, you will get paid based on how much the passengers enjoyed the trip.
This is not likt the tour of life missions as theres no set time limit and the price is based on more than just the number of sectors. The price is a
balance between number of sectors, time spent in each sector, number of stations visited etc. Jumpdrive is allowed to be used on this mission.

you can have more than one passenger on board at anyone time, so you can fill your cabins to maximise your profits.

Future:

* Adding more types of missions
* More danagerous missions, ie transport missions could have a chance of attacking
* Adding improved "tour of life" mission
* Adding bonuses to Joy Riding mission, battles, hostile sectors, spaceflys, etc
Last edited by Cycrow on Fri, 6. Nov 09, 15:52, edited 5 times in total.

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 13. May 06, 10:28

Great idea Cycrow, your on a scripting spree at the moment :thumb_up: .

One question though, do your other scripts reserve the wares in the game for this script, since I was checking my game resources yesterday in the script manager, and I saw 2 wares, one called Basic Cabin space, and one called Luxury Cabin space. I didn't know what they were then, and now this has appeared. Very strange :P

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Sat, 13. May 06, 12:22

Kewl :o
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 13. May 06, 12:49

do you ever sleep :P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 14:39

bendyspex wrote:Great idea Cycrow, your on a scripting spree at the moment :thumb_up: .

One question though, do your other scripts reserve the wares in the game for this script, since I was checking my game resources yesterday in the script manager, and I saw 2 wares, one called Basic Cabin space, and one called Luxury Cabin space. I didn't know what they were then, and now this has appeared. Very strange :P
most likly coz i added the the entries into the text file while i was making it, and as it shares the text file with the other guilds it will show up in the script manager ;)

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Sat, 13. May 06, 16:05

can you capture the passengers in these missions using your convert passenger to slave script?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 16:20

no you cant, as it uses a different system.

but theres also not much point, as most of the time your only transporting a few passengers at a time, and you will get alot less money selling them off as slaves.

i had add it later, but for now you cant

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Sat, 13. May 06, 19:57

Do you get the compulsory mirror hanging cd with tassels too ?

What about the situation of not getting paid after drop off ??

Solution if passengers are sick inside cabin ?

:wink:
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sat, 13. May 06, 20:56

HOW is it possible for you, Cycrow, to turn out all these good scripts? :o
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 13. May 06, 21:24

i dunno, maybe i sold my soul to the devil :twisted: :twisted:

bendyspex
x3

Post by bendyspex » Sat, 13. May 06, 21:29

Clearly he has some kind of cloned version of himself that does the work when he can't :P

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Sun, 14. May 06, 11:30

mmm i'm having trouble finding the taxi stations. I only found one messages saying that one has been build in CSW. And i flew around the whole afternoon and evening but ..... NOTHING :? .

And also i dont get any BB's anymore for other stations.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. May 06, 14:44

well, the BBS will only appear within range, so if they are created the other end the universe, you will have to get closer.

the Stations could be around 40km from the center.

Yellowman
x4

Post by Yellowman » Sun, 14. May 06, 15:17

40 KM from the center mmmm all right i will try again. And off course i will try other stations. :)

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 15. May 06, 17:05

Well cycrow,

I searched the entire day for the stations or a bbs message but couldn't found a single one.

Isn't there a eayer way to find the station?

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Mon, 15. May 06, 17:25

I have found some stations readtext7129 looking like trading stations... but they are empty. Are those your stations Cycrow?

BTW, is there a way to find out, when we got some readtextXXXX - I always have some of those :( - from which script they come from? I always check my t folder, but I have no 337129...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 18:45

Blueman wrote:Well cycrow,

I searched the entire day for the stations or a bbs message but couldn't found a single one.

Isn't there a eayer way to find the station?
yes and no, u could create a script that tells you exactly where they are ;)
but theres no other way to find them in the standard game.

Chirmiskuay: yes, that readtext is the taxi guild station, if you getting a readtext error, then theres something wrong with the text file, try reinstalling the script, also, what language is it ur using, and has the script manager been setup with the correct language ?

its usually quite easy to tell where the readtexts come from. they are split into 2 numbers, readtextXXXX-XXXX. The first is the Page ID, the 2nd is the id within the page. So look for what script uses that page id, note the page id can be different from the filename

Nho
x3

Post by Nho » Mon, 15. May 06, 18:55

I've set the installer to 33 (french). So I will try reinstalling your script, thx.

And a last question, where can I find out about the page ID? Where do I look?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 19:13

if the installer is setup correctly, then it should create the correct text file copied from the original one.

the best place to find the page id is the community scripts sticky, as it lists both the file names and page ids used and by what scripts.

if there not on thhere, then you will have to look in the text files to find out which ones use the page id.

most scripts should use page ids above 7000
the low number page ids are usually standard egosoft ones

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update V1.01

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. May 06, 19:22

V1.01
* Adjusted expire time of missions
* Fixed joy riding mission.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”