Oh Egosoft your really taking the Biscuit (Avarice)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jeffkretz
x3

Post by jeffkretz » Fri, 5. May 06, 02:46

I'm kinda sorry that you seem to be bent out of shape about it.

Personally, I sort of look at it as kind of a "Cow Level" easter egg in D2. While I never personally played the game THAT hard to do it, I know a few people that had, after many many many hours invested in the game.

But D2 is an action game. X3 is a different genre so it has a different feel.

But I believe it would be doable, although hard.

If every 2 mil I made I started a new ST/UT trainee, I could have a freekin ARMY of UTs. Let's say, for the sake the argument that I built up 100 UTs, each one making 200,000 per hour at level 25.

That would be 20 million PER HOUR. Which would be 480 million PER DAY.

At that rate, it would take 2 1/2 days to make 1.2 billion.

Start as as Argon, sell your buster, buy a mercury, manually trade until you get your first million. Selling energy, silicon, ore cahoonas bofu and space fuel in nearby sectors, this won't take very long.

Buy Trading Ext Mk 3 set him up in Empires Edge as a ST, buy a discoverer and map the universe while he trains. By the end of day 2 you have a good UT making 200,000 per hour and enough money to start off 2 more STs.

Day 3 - 3 UTs - 600,000 per hour, 14 million per day buy 7 more STs.
Day 4 - 10 UTs - 2,000,000 per hour, 48 million per day, buy 20 more STs.
Day 5 - 30 UTs - 6,000,000 per hour, 128 million per day, buy 60 more STs.
Day 6 - 90 UTs, holding pattern, just keep training UTs to replace the ones that croak, save the balance of the money -- 500 million
Day 7 - 1 billion
Day 8 - buy the sector.

I haven't done this, but I believe I could. Right now I'm being a Bankrupt Assassin and having fun killing things.

Cheers.
JK

Day 1 -
God's Final Message to His Creation:
We apologize for the inconvenience.

~Lonowski~
x3

Re: Oh Egosoft your really taking the Biscuit (Avarice)

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Sat, 6. May 06, 01:35

Storm666 wrote: First attempt, rather poor, day 11, 200 mil in bank when it came up for sale! ok restart from day 4 (my back up start).
You assume too much. In your very first post on this subject, you mention it coming up for sale on day 11. That doens't mean you lost your chance, it just means the auction has begun. Where exactly did you read that it has to be purchased between day 8-10?
Evidence shows that your invitation to the auction is not directly based on the amount of money you have, but your trade rank. In your case you achieved mony fast, but rank slower in your first attempt, causing the auction to start later. This in no way should lead you to assume that you lost because it was day 11. Did you even try continuing to the end of the auction to prove your loss, or immediately assume that because it wasn't between day 8-10, that there was no chance? :gruebel:

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 6. May 06, 03:22

~Lonowski~ wrote:Where exactly did you read that it has to be purchased between day 8-10?
I said the auction starts at day 10-11 (it could take upto day 12 in some games maybe longer)… the auction will finish a few days later... Been there and lost to Burnit.
~Lonowski~ wrote:Evidence shows that your invitation to the auction is not directly based on the amount of money you have, but your trade rank. In your case you achieved mony fast, but rank slower in your first attempt, causing the auction to start later.
My trade ranks are raising slowly… in fact my trade rank in the 3rd attempt at day 6 are much much lower than my first attempt at day 11 (because I have done very little trading and had less time). And also for the record my fighting ranks on the first attempt were lower than my 3rd attempt. Did you really think this kind of fast-money comes from trading so early in the game?

Incidentally… I went back to my 3rd attempt (day 6) and removed the money (400+ mil) from the player account then checked the BBS systems again… no auction!.. This can only point to a relation between the player personal account and the auction being triggered early.

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Sat, 6. May 06, 05:16

Interesting...
I went back and restarted in 1.4.03 solely because I wanted Avarice. Prior to this I had a decent empire (and still have a great deal of saves backed up) but had read enough to know that I didn't have near enough money on hand at the time of the auction.
Do you think I could go back to the old saves, transfer funds from my player account into one of my factories, and somehow postpone the auction?

On a similar note, I built a massive empire once with around 30 days game time, but I never recall the sector going up for auction. I've even gone back to verify, and the sector is still called "Unknown Sector". I had SETA'd a bunch in this game so my noteriety all around wasn't spectacular.

Do you think I should go back to one of these, or stick with my new model, which is just through the plot, about a day in with one SPPXL and about 20 million dollars.(no scripts/mods is my preference)?
:paranid:~Lonowski~

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 6. May 06, 05:21

Do you think I could go back to the old saves, transfer funds from my player account into one of my factories, and somehow postpone the auction?
this seems to work :) well did when i went back a few hours.

On a similar note, I built a massive empire once with around 30 days game time, but I never recall the sector going up for auction. I've even gone back to verify, and the sector is still called "Unknown Sector". I had SETA'd a bunch in this game so my noteriety all around wasn't spectacular.
im not totally sure when the sector comes up for auction... this may be a case... if its related to the player account that might be the case?... but most of the posts so far have claimed from day 10 onwards.
Do you think I should go back to one of these, or stick with my new model, which is just through the plot, about a day in with one SPPXL and about 20 million dollars.(no scripts/mods is my preference)?
well its a clean save... why not try it?

~Lonowski~
x3

Post by ~Lonowski~ » Sat, 6. May 06, 05:29

I just don't want to have to rebuild and do the plethora of missions I'd already done again. Can anyone find and translate the rules behind the avarice script? It's been on the forum for months now and no one's even got a 'how to' on it yet? Thats stunning actually... :roll:
:paranid:~Lonowski~

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 6. May 06, 05:49

esd wrote:For all we know, it reads the serial number on your CPU and decides whether or not to be nice to you.
I know there was some reason why everyones game is different.

That must be it !

I guess i'll never contribute the guide to how to crack this one.

I spend money, not keep it, so I'll never have enough in the bank to trigger it early.

I dont give a toss about ranks, so will never have a high enough rank to trigger it.

I never read the BBS, so will never know the auction is on. The bbs just insults me all the time and I cant be bothered with it.

Why cant it just email me and say its mine if I say yes ?

[TGU]SOL
x3

Post by [TGU]SOL » Sat, 6. May 06, 14:59

got 200,000,000 in the bank and captilist trade rank I can find the bbs metioning the sector is up for grabs , but in no sector do i find a BBS entry foR me to bid so I think it must be based on rank at least mogul I would think to participate in the auction.

It is a bit pointless if it comes up before you can bid , more useless tat for the BBS.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. May 06, 01:56

I'm currently on game day 5. The sector changed names to Avarice about 8-9 hours ago (about 5-10:00). There's a mention of the upcoming auction on nearly every BBS I've seen. I'm keeping an eye on it, maybe to shed some light on the subject.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Mon, 8. May 06, 01:57

Fud.... how much money do you have in your player account? (just curious)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. May 06, 03:30

er, about 1.8B, sommat.

Metasynaptic
x3

Post by Metasynaptic » Mon, 8. May 06, 04:29

Regardless of what the title deed may say, any sector I have 10 M2s in is 'owned' by me. Try and take it from me, if you dare.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 8. May 06, 14:08

Hmm I am on day 53 and it still shows as unknown sector and I have not seen any auction notices... I am currently at Mogul and Battlemaster playing the plot game on normal mode...

donotdespisethesnake
x3

Post by donotdespisethesnake » Wed, 10. May 06, 20:37

jeffkretz wrote:But I believe it would be doable, although hard.
Ok, I decided to take up this challenge. I started a new game with a "Normal" start.

I'm nearly a day in, and have a UT running (L10), another TS about to be ST'd. I did first 2 missions to get jumpdrive, I snagged several crates and one free ship and one cap.

Time : 21:27
Credits: 1.2M
UTs : 1
Ships : 2 x TS, 1 x M5

I could have done better, I messed around a bit. I'm on course though.
"Yes, he is in his office, but he's on an intergalactic cruise."

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 10. May 06, 20:53

I'm at 5-20:00 sommat. I keep watching the BBS. It's still at the "corporate blunder" announcement of the impending auction.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Thu, 11. May 06, 02:13

for anyones trying this its become quite simple what to do... dont keep all your money in the player account untill you want the auction to start... thats what im thinking anyway.... but i gave up playing again so maybe one of you could confrim if this is the case?

elmy
x3tc

Post by elmy » Thu, 11. May 06, 10:46

Yes, well at least in my game. I tried that last night. Until that, I never had more than about 70M Cr on my account (overall approx. 200M cash at my factories) I have played around 12 ingame days and the auction hasn't been announced yet. What I did:

1) I cheated 1.5B Cr. -> Auction announced
2) I cheated 200M Cr -> Auction announced
3) I cheated 100M Cr -> Auction not announced

So its seems to get triggerd by somewhere between 100 and 200 M on the account. And now I won't ever let my account exceed 100M until I finally got the 1.5B to actually win the auction.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 11. May 06, 11:46

Oh thats a handy little theory to work from. The auction hasn't been announced for me and the most money I've has in my account was 120m Cr (ish) good job I bought that Collossus, Titan and TL, each one managed to keep me under the trigger threshold.

Time to spread my wealth over my factories. Hope this theory works out, I'd love to buy that sector.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 11. May 06, 14:05

If it's game day 10-12, I've got a while. I've got 1.7B in my account and roughly 900M in my factories, but I'm only at 6-10:xx. I see the mention of them everywhere, but no actual "auction" announcement, per se.

mufflink
x4

Post by mufflink » Thu, 11. May 06, 19:17

I'm using LV's excellent Death Match Arena script, this renames all the unknown sectors, does anyone know if this will effect the sector being renamed to Avarice?

Regards,
Mufflink.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”