[Script] Carrier Fighter Supplies v1.1 "Update" V1.2a [07/11/06]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jensemann
x4

[Script] Carrier Fighter Supplies v1.1 "Update" V1.2a [07/11/06]

Post by jensemann » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 19:29

Carier Fighter Supplies

As written already here i released my Script that supports Fighters homebased on Carriers with MD-Ammo and Missiles.

Here is a part of the readme so i dont have to write all again:

What is this script doing:
It is used by carriers to support Fighter with MD-Ammo if they have Massdrivers installed (not only in cargo bay). The carrier will count them all to build an reserve of 10 Ammopacks per INSTALLED MD. Docket Fighters will be filled with 10 packs/MD plus 10packs extra. Also Missiles will be transferred to Fighters if available and usable by them. Every M3 will get 10, M4/M5 get 5 Missiles of any type usable. Same amount of Missiles will be held as reserve on the Carrier.
The command can be found in the additional shipcommands of the carrier.
You can assign Fighters to serve as *Supporter* by using their additional shipcommand and they get a red tag *Supporter* on their name. The carrier finds its supporters by this tag and sends them out to buy ammo in a range of seven jumps. This Fighters will buy only MD-Ammo and dont use jumpdrive.
If you assign the Carrier as Homebase to a TS, you can tell the TS in his Trade Commands to support the Carrier. The TS will use jumpdrive to buy MD-Ammo first and then Missiles wherever they are available. If not enough cargo space at the Carrier, the TS will keep the rest and transfer it as space gets free. The TS will not fly around to buy Energy, he gets delivered instead and pays the average price for it. If everything is on stock, the TS will dock on the Carrier (DDRS-Mod) or just follow. Same thing with delivering.

I wrote this script to support my Fleets using the TerraCorp Combat Pilots and TaskForce scripts. If a Fighter is low on MD-Ammo and Member of a TF, he will be removed from the Taskforce to not be sent out without Ammo. You will get a Message. Also if the Reserve on Carrier goes below 50%, you will get a Message. I actually dont know if the Audio Messages are spoken the right way in english but i think it should work. There are no Messages for the Missile-part since this is not life critical as MD-Ammo.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Im working on V1.2 with some improvements. Such as no Mosquitos for M3 and no Torpedos bought at all since they are useless in Dogfights.

jensemann

Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a (rar)
Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a (spk)

I know that this script conflicts with scipts by RedSpot but in the german compatibility list the Command Slots where free.

Update
  • - all known issues fixed
    - buying masses of Mosquitos prevented
    - M3 dont use Mosquitos anymore
    - Torpedo-Class Missiles are not bought nor used anymore
    - only 2 Mosquitos / M4-M5 are stored on the Carrier
    - improved buying Routines for the TS
jensemann
Last edited by jensemann on Sun, 17. Sep 06, 04:50, edited 6 times in total.
ob ***modified*** oder nicht - Hauptsache: Spaß!!!

Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a deutsch
Carrier Fighter Supplies V1.2a english

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 06:27

I posted this in another thread too, just want to make sure you see this.

Hey Jensemman, I am using the changes you made to the original CFpilots and I love it, but I think it would be much cooler if you would change on little thing. In the original Task forces script by myros, the task force leader would fly around to the different sectors that you designate when you assign sectors, but with your changes the task force leader just sits in the first sector you assigned and does not move around. Do you think you could change that? It feels more realistic to me when the Task force leader moves around too. Also, is there anyway we can get the script to automatically have pilots who go up in rank change over to a higher ship?

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 04:02

found the other thread first, so please look there :lol:

jensemann

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 03:08

Update is out there, read first post for informations.

jensemann

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 09:56

jensemann wrote:Update is out there, read first post for informations.

jensemann
Unfortunately, it keeps freezing up my saved games when I install the script. I don't know with which script it may have a conflict with. :cry:
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 15:39

Its the first time i hear something about freezing with my scripts. Anyone else with same Problem?

jensemann

Emerald Flint
x3

Post by Emerald Flint » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 15:46

@FADMFred:
Would be interesting to know, which scripts&mods you have installed and when those freezes happen, so one could take care of your problem. Otherwise it will be quite difficult to solve your problem ;)

btw, i have 3 Mods running, more than 25 scripts and no freezes ;)

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Sun, 30. Apr 06, 00:59

Emerald Flint wrote:@FADMFred:
Would be interesting to know, which scripts&mods you have installed and when those freezes happen, so one could take care of your problem. Otherwise it will be quite difficult to solve your problem ;)

btw, i have 3 Mods running, more than 25 scripts and no freezes ;)
Sure thing here it goes :)

Advanced Jumpdrive
Advanced Jumpdrive script replace addon
Anarkis Carrier Commands
Bulk Transport Upgrade
Camouflage device
Capitol Ship Crews
EMP pack
CPilot TF Mod
EWFX Mod
Fighter Base Commander
Gateless Jumpdrive
Homebase Command
LV's Cheats
Minimal Hud Mod
Multi Ship mod (balogt ships)
Self Repairing Hull Technology
SOS Mk 2
Turret Defence

DarthVain

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Sun, 30. Apr 06, 01:42

Anarkis Carrier Commands TCCombatPilots TF, thats for sure

jensemann

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 1. May 06, 00:27

jensemann wrote:Anarkis Carrier Commands TCCombatPilots TF, thats for sure

jensemann
Negative, those two work fine together. It is the CFS that freezes the game.

DarthVain

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Mon, 1. May 06, 03:24

thats curious to me, i have currently 6 TFs with Carriers as Leaders and all are served well by their own TS. No freezes, no hangups.

Again, has anyone else the same problem?

jensemann

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Wed, 12. Jul 06, 01:03

Update today.

Only a minor issue fixed (at least tried) that may cause a CTD when using some mods. I actually dont know if it helps because on my system it worked fine before already.

jensemann

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 01:26

Hi Jensemann,

With the Task Force script, is there any way of increasing the number of M5's that go on patrol from three to five or six? I have a lot of pilots just hanging out, and with the Extended Mod, three M5's don't stand a chance against what they come up against. Increasing the number of M3's going out to fight would be nice too. Can it just be altered in the Script Editor, (and how would I do it), or is it hardcoded in too many places?

Thanks!

jensemann
x4

Post by jensemann » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 02:36

I was already thinking of that.
Then i dicided to leave it that way and to increase the number of patrol squads instead.
I assume you started your first Task Force so i explain it again.
M5's are normally used for scouting. This means, you have one or two M5 in every sector your TF is whatching about. The main Patrols are flown by M3, probably assisted by M4. So whenever a Scout in a M5 discovers enemies, he will not attack them but informs the TF-Leader or a regular Patrol thats already in the Sector. They will take care of it.

For you with your brand new TF that only has M5 its hard to stand against enemies, so assign sectors to the TF that have less pirate/xenon activities unless your TF grows and some Pilots are promoted to Captain and sit in a M3.
M5/M4 should not be tha main part of the TF. Give your TF time to gather experience and giv'em better ships and they will do a really good job. I keepmy TF fitted with 20% M5, 20% M4 and 60% M3, M6 as available or needed in sectors close to Xenon sectors or for TF that only operate in pirate sectors. You will alway have losses but your losses are much higher if you dont give your pilots the right equipment.

So far for now. Anyways i didnt like the number of 3 for patrols either. I would prefere a number of 4 or 6. So i will have a look on that and see what i can do.

jensemann

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 17. Sep 06, 03:06

Hi Jensemann,

You're a scholar and a gentleman, not only for your prompt responses, but your most appreciated help. Thanks.

I now have six Task Forces. With over 250 pilots. I've been using your scripts for months (and have not changed to the new one by Siath, yet, as it was hard enough finding six admirals for my M1's, :) )

I'm losing M3's with experienced pilots on a regular basis. Three M3's that run into a flight of four to six pirates, in the Extended mod now, don't stand much of a chance. They get whacked pretty badly sometimes. (Sometimes, they surprise me, and whack pretty good, lol). But, more often than not, they get hit hard. Increasing the flight number, or, better yet, having an option to change it yourself via the message board???, would be interesting.

I'm also noticing that my M6's don't always go to help. They can't dock in my M1's, though they're assigned to the same Task Force. They don't seem to be as helpful as they should be. Having them patrol with the M3's would be a nice thing.

Looking forward to your next iteration of this. It''s my favorite script for X3, and I'm finding it indispensable now with the increased enemy activity found in the wonderful Extended mod.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”