[Script] Shopping List v0.1 BETA

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

[Script] Shopping List v0.1 BETA

Post by AalaarDB » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 04:39

This script REQUIRES AStar Pathfinder
Download Shopping List v0.1 HERE

This script was written by 'Jon' and edited and maintained by AalaarDB

What the script does is allow you to create a "shopping list" of items, then tell a ship to go out and buy the items. The ship will figure out the shortest route to get all the items, run around the universe and buy them, and then head to whatever final destination you designate.

For example, let's say you've just bought a new M3. You want to outfit it with some AHEPTs, APACs, BIREs, Mass Drivers, some ammo, missiles, and make sure it has a triplex scanner. Here's what you do:
  • 1. Purchase ship!
  • 2. In the ship's CUSTOM COMMANDS menu, there's a new command called ADD TO SHOPPING LIST. Selecting it lets you pick a ware and specify the amount you'd like to buy.
  • 3. You can keep adding wares to the shopping list - as many as you like.
  • 4. Once you've added at least one item to the shopping list, another command becomes available: SET SHOPPING FINAL DESTINATION. You use this to tell the ship where to go when its finished shopping, and whether it should dump all the items onto its destination.
  • 5. Once you've set a final destination, you can then tell the ship to BEGIN SHOPPING.
  • 6. The script will figure out the most efficient route to take in order to buy all the items, fly around and buy them, and then go to its final destination, where it will optionally dump all the items. If the ship is bigger than an M3 and has a jump drive, the script will try to use the jump drive, buying energy as needed, or if it doesn't have one it will buy the jumpdrive first.
There are also a couple other commands available. One, GENERATE SHOPPING REPORT, does just that: sends a report of the ship's shopping status to your log. What it has bought, what's left to buy, etc. Another, ABORT SHOPPING, is pretty self explanatory. If the ship gets interrupted while shopping (or if the user gives it another command), the command RESUME SHOPPING will become available, causing the ship to pick up where it left off.

Finally, any ship with a shopping list can also issue the INCLUDE ANOTHER SHIP command. What this does is essentially clones the shopping list to another ship. Let's say you buy 5 nice new M5s (for example, you're using Myros' Terracorps Combat Pilots script and want a new batch of ships for it). You can create a shopping list for one of the M5s, and then use the INCLUDE ANOTHER SHIP command to use that shopping list with the other 4 ships. Then you send the 1st M5 on its way shopping, and the other four will do their shopping too.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 04:46

This sounds like a real winner, great stuff :P

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 08:56

really cool thanks!

bruce7174
x4

Post by bruce7174 » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 00:45

AlaarDB ......or anyone else

I have a few of your scripts running quite nicely on my system with the Xtended mod.....
I'm trying to get the 'shopping list' to run to no avail

Whilst the script is loaded up correctly and I can look at it in the scrpit menue it dont seem to wont to work for example - I buy a new ship, there should be a 'add to shopping list comand' but there is nothing - does'nt seen to want to work.

Stuff loaded up is -
Xtended mod
CCMF
Salvage mod
Astar

Everything else seems to work grand.
Any advice ??

fud
x3

Post by fud » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 00:49

Nice. :)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 00:53

Is it possible to get this to pick up my groceries from Tesco's too?

:lol:

bruce7174
x4

Post by bruce7174 » Sat, 22. Apr 06, 01:22

U guys........ :D :D :D

maelegro
x3

Post by maelegro » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 10:29

I've installed this scirpt to try it out, but I can't find any commands available after purchasing a ship. There is nothing under "Orders" or additional ship commands for custom commands to add a shopping list. I have more than a dozen other scripts running & a few mods. Is it possable some other script I am using is already useing the same command slot?

bruce7174
x4

Post by bruce7174 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 11:57

maelegro wrote:I've installed this scirpt to try it out, but I can't find any commands available after purchasing a ship. There is nothing under "Orders" or additional ship commands for custom commands to add a shopping list. I have more than a dozen other scripts running & a few mods. Is it possable some other script I am using is already useing the same command slot?
I'm wondering the same - I have CCMF and the salvage mod installed, the CCMF has a command to monitor messages in the special command slot...wonder if that is the problem.?

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Thu, 4. May 06, 16:37

is this script compatibile with equipment added in be other scripts? i would try it out and find out for myself, but i wont be able to play for a while >_<

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Sun, 14. May 06, 18:23

Cant get it to show up in the command console =/
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Ironcruncher
x3

WANTED Shopping List

Post by Ironcruncher » Sun, 21. May 06, 03:55

--
Merged LV
--

I thought i saw a script somewhere that let you tell a ship what youy wanted, and how much u wanted, and it would go and get it. Can someone tell we where that is?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 21. May 06, 04:17

Simple search resulted in this...

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... pping+list

You can even tell how many times the string "Shopping List" appears!

Sambo
x3

Post by Sambo » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 03:10

This download appears to be corrupt. Is it possible to get this fixed?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 09:20

Sambo wrote:This download appears to be corrupt. Is it possible to get this fixed?
AalaarDB's site has been down for months now so I have uploaded the script on Rapidshare for thos who want it, here's the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/32701036/Sho ... t.spk.html
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Sambo
x3

Post by Sambo » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 22:33

Thanks very much, I appreciate it! :)

The_Sol
x3

Post by The_Sol » Sat, 16. Dec 06, 02:09

come on, I like your wonderful writing describing how to use your script, this is what I want 4 my game, makes perfect sense

but the downloads don't work, I downloaded this great script and changed the extension to .zip, ha

can you guess what happened eh

yes you guessed it right, a genie appeared and granted me three wishes

my first wish was to have all scripts by other people explained the way you explain your script eh

my second wish was something to do with length, not going into that here

my third wish was I could download this damm script

you are one of the gods because you stripped, I mean script, you have moderator tag but your Holiness your downloads don't work!!!

how can I worship somebody who's downloads don't work eh

edit

I have been thinking how wonderful this idea is, can't wait to try it

I can't think how the clone list woodwork lol are they named lists, that would be excellent if they were, like you could have a list for fully equipping a Buster and another list for equipping another Buster in a different way, easily selecting the list in the customs menu commands

this would be excellent and if you could have every Buster in a fleet or group be kitted out just by selecting one of the group,

I have a dream, my own equipment dock in a sector and your script, it would be heaven

I can't even spell otherwise I would take other scrips apart and place parts of their script with yours, I suppose it could be done

all of the code is out there it just needs to be put together

I see this script could be much bigger and better with little work

I just can't wait to try it, I will probably start dribbling with my mouth wide open when I finally test this baby out

it's a great script, if it works as you said you should get it signed man, extremely useful as it is, but a little more work and you have yourself a fantastic script among the best
Last edited by The_Sol on Sat, 16. Dec 06, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
extreme, the only way

XM
x3

Post by XM » Sat, 16. Dec 06, 02:48

Download doesn't work.. This one or the pathfinders one.

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 12:18

All of the mirrors are down, does anyone still have a copy of this?
Last edited by halo112358 on Mon, 19. Mar 07, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Mon, 19. Mar 07, 13:24

wow just what i was looking for, this is perfect for arming an M2 without doing the shopping urself :D
The answer is just another question.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”