[SCRIPT] Xai Corporation Station Command Suite

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Xai Corporation Station Command Suite

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 07:13

Script: Xai Corporation Station Command Suite
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/project/XaiCorp-STCOM
Version: 1.0
Description:
A set of commands to help manage stations.
----
Bug tracking | Feature Requests

This includes a framework for installing station software upgrades, the ''Station Commands Suite'' from Xai Corporation provides a mechanism for station commands to be bound to software upgrades which are required to be purchased. The framework also allows for the addition of new commands and software upgrades form new scripts without needing to update the core scripts.

To install software upgrades to a station, run the command ''Install Station software''. This will send a message to you with a list of all the available software along with their descriptions and price. You can then chose the software to install

Software included with this script pack are the ''Report Inbound ships'' software and the ''Price Manager'' software. More software can be added via extra script packs that will be released later.

Report Inbound Ships:
Once installed at a station there will be an extra command available ''Report Inbound ships''. Running this command will scan all the sectors within 9 jumps of the station for ships heading for the factory. It will then send the list of ships to you in a report which also lists whether they're bringing supplies or looking to buy your product. Some ships will even allow you to see how much they're looking to buy.

Price Manager:
This software upgrade provides 2 new commands to dynamically set the prices at the station. Each command operates on one ware stocked by the station. You can run multiple copies of the commands to manage the prices of multiple wares.

The ''Match Local Price'' command will scan nearby sectors, upto a jump range you specify, looking for the best competing price. It will then set the price at your station to match this. You can also specify an amount by which to beat the best local price for, so guaranteeing you have the most attractive price for freetraders.

The ''Variable Price Manager'' sets the price to between an upper and lower limit, that you specify, based on the amount of ware currently in stock.

Other possible ideas for scripts
#Ship Branding
#Production Logging
#Stock Level Monitor
#Sell Station
#Self Destruct
#Toggle Production On/Off

Command Slots Used: Station 36,37,38 and 63
TextFile: 7244
TextPage: 7244
Last edited by moggy2 on Sun, 26. Mar 06, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 10:34

Me thinks someone is playing with the webserver for Xai-Corp as trying to visit the website gives a "misconfigured" error page.
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 00:05

Tried dowloading it Moggy but managed to only get 20 bites. Nothing sitting in the zip folder. :?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 00:30

oops, typo in the batch file :oops:

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 04:04

Sorry about that but can no longer access the download. Site not available :?
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Armegeddon
x4

Post by Armegeddon » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 06:58

You're missing the 447232.xml file in the archive, so running the 'report incoming ships' just returns a bunch of readtext7232-#### instead of usefull info.
Why not make it into a .spk package using Cycrows installer?

Also, can someone fix the XaiCorp website so we can actually access it?
There is a thin line between genius & insanity i have erased this line

Armegeddon's X3 scripts and mods

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 16:15

Great script i will try it with the Station Trader one :)

I was able to download and i see a file in /t, all seems to works fine for me, no strange message and i can install / setup the 2 scripts.
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 20:49

Armegeddon wrote:You're missing the 447232.xml file in the archive, so running the 'report incoming ships' just returns a bunch of readtext7232-#### instead of usefull info.
Why not make it into a .spk package using Cycrows installer?

Also, can someone fix the XaiCorp website so we can actually access it?

all delt with.

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Wed, 29. Mar 06, 11:55

Hello

After several hours of test i have noticed that for a complex at least, and maybe stations too the Variable price manager is really more usefull than the Match local price :

With match local price and more that 5 jumps you will often have a so low price and profit that selling is not a good idea.

On the other hand, with variable price manager i am sure to sell at a price that i know good for me with the limit and also if my price is too hight stocks will increase and then price will go down, allowing to sell the stock quickly.

I have not tried yet to put for a same product the price manager + match local price, is this intended to be done ?
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

zergfest90
x3tc

Post by zergfest90 » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 00:44

#Toggle Production On/Off

Is it possible to turn a factory off?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 30. Mar 06, 16:44

zergfest90 wrote:#Toggle Production On/Off

Is it possible to turn a factory off?
Yep

desius
x4

Post by desius » Thu, 4. May 06, 22:48

Moggy, I noticed two problems here

Your first Command ( id 1163 ) to install software conflicts with LV's cheat package commend "A_LV_CHANGE_PRODUCTS"

Also your .spk version is missing two files

'plugin.Xai.st.reportInbound.cmd'
'plugin.Xai.st.reportInbound.chk'

The zip file has them, they're just missing on the spk package :cry:

Faethor Ferenczy
xr

Post by Faethor Ferenczy » Tue, 18. Jul 06, 22:42

hmmm...installed this and the framework upgrade, ran the script,then i get a message sent to me, with the only option being order nothing..

also installed the advance money tranfer script, same result, looks like the framework upgrade that is supposed to offer which programs to purchase is broke...damn, this is exactly what i was looking for too

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 02:42

are you using the spk or the zip? There may be a file missing somewhere.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 02:56

Just looking at the setup at the moment. If you install all the scripts at the same time there's a chance that they won't finish installing on the first load. If you save the game and reload(or hit the reinit scripts button) it will finish the setup the second time round.

Faethor Ferenczy
xr

Post by Faethor Ferenczy » Wed, 19. Jul 06, 08:43

That worked, thanks

JTWibble
x3tc

Post by JTWibble » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 01:53

I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 10:09

JTWibble wrote:I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.
Are you sure that the script editor is enabled ?
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 10:22

This reminds me of SMS, good work XAI, now I can leave my stations alone...
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 15:40

JTWibble wrote:I can't get this to work. I got the messages telling me that the Xai script was installed. I've installed both the framework and the Station Command Suite but there is no extra option in the station commands, I've looked through all the menus. I tried reinit scripts but that did not work. I really want to see inbound ships, it will really help to see if the AI is bothered with my stations.
There should be one command, Install new Software
My tests show it all working properly.

It sound's like it's all installed properly. If you still can't see that command I'll have another look.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”