2 stupid questions...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bugzor
x3

2 stupid questions...

Post by Bugzor » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 21:14

I'm in malestrom looking for the unkown sector gate but I've had no such luck finding anything since the sector is so big and I only got a duplex scanner...can someone help me locate the gate? Also, can somewhere tell me where I can get a triplex scanner(the paranid hate me and the boron aren't shooting me on sight, but they don't like me)...I'm X3 ofcourse.

Ilsan
x3

Post by Ilsan » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 21:16

ehh i recently discovered that my discover Raider L that i bought at Light of Heart had an Triplex scanner onboard, its an bit expensive but you have an triplex scanner then :P

Nyax
x3tc

Re: 2 stupid questions...

Post by Nyax » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 21:27

Bugzor wrote:I'm in malestrom looking for the unkown sector gate but I've had no such luck finding anything since the sector is so big and I only got a duplex scanner...can someone help me locate the gate? Also, can somewhere tell me where I can get a triplex scanner(the paranid hate me and the boron aren't shooting me on sight, but they don't like me)...I'm X3 ofcourse.
Question 1- is about 180 KM due West from the center of the sector.
Question 2- You're pretty much stuffed. Unless you make up with one race or the other the only way you're going to get one is by buying or capturing a ship with one ready installed, such as the Discovery raider.

TehFreak
x3

Post by TehFreak » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 21:43

You can get triplex scanners from the Secret Argon Facility, or whatever it's called, in south east Black Hole Sun.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 21:53

TehFreak wrote:You can get triplex scanners from the Secret Argon Facility, or whatever it's called, in south east Black Hole Sun.
Oh yes so you can. I retract my statement. You're only stuffed if you annoy the Argon as well :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 23:38

The gate is actually off the nav map on highest setting.

Keep going west (minding your y co-ord less than +-30) until you run off the map at highest setting and it should show up.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 23:41

Note that the sectors are a whole lot bigger than the nav map! :wink:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Bugzor
x3

Post by Bugzor » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 01:10

isn't there another unkown sector after to the one next to maelstrom? if there is..I can't find it... I've never had trouble navigating until today.. Oh and I got the triplex scanner.. Does every race have a sorta "hidden" station like that argon one?> I seen a paranid one like that in the older game I had (before it messed up). I say hidden because I don't think it appeard on radar or sector map

terrifiedkiller
x4

Post by terrifiedkiller » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 01:13

theres no such thing as stupid questions only stupid answers :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 01:21

Bugzor wrote:isn't there another unkown sector after to the one next to maelstrom? if there is..I can't find it... I've never had trouble navigating until today..
If you fly to 0,0,0 in that first US, then fly roughly south west. Its a south gate, but its not in the south position. Watch your height.

sailcat64

Post by sailcat64 » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 01:22

Yes, there is another unknown sector after the one next to maelstrom.
Spoiler
Show
The coordinates are -36,0,-60
Be careful of the mines that surround it
A complex hub controls power distribution, central command and dragonfly missle selfdestructed.
Alpha phased incoming message.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 11:19

Ok there is a slightly cheesey way to find all the gates you would ever want if you have a Jumpdrive and navigation software. It will completely make Exploring for those far-flung gate much more easier. while the big down side is you won't have the satisfation of finding it yourself.
Spoiler
Show
Goto your console and do the "jump and move to position..." then select the same sector your in then move the cursor way far to the side of the sector the unknown gate is in. When you jump you will pop out of the before mentioned gate that you where looking for, even though your don't know where it is.
Useful if your getting to the point where viens are bulging on your head looking for some remote gate. But no fun for the explorer.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sun, 26. Mar 06, 15:13

Does every race have a sorta "hidden" station like that argon one?> I seen a paranid one like that in the older game I had (before it messed up). I say hidden because I don't think it appeard on radar or sector map
No. Howeer the Boron, Paranid and Argon all have a unique one off station (which is actually just a regular station with a different name and different goods for sale). They are-

The Federal Argon installation (which you know about)
The Paranid communications facility (which you are also apparantly aware of)
The Boron research station.

Plus of course there's Terracorp HQ, which should give you some idea of what to expect when you dock at each of them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”