Ship Respawner v1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Ship Respawner v1.2

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 11:33

Ship Respawner v1.2
This script is meant to fix something that may or may not be a bug. It may or may not work - I have no idea because I have never tested nor encountered the bug.
The supposed bug is when your ship is destroyed for seemingly no reason at all.
To install - extract the zip to your X3 main folder.
Open game, turn on plugin.
Turn uninstall, turn off plugin, save your game, and delete the scripts.
This plugin will only work for script engine version 32 on the assumption that later engine versions fix supposed bug.
This script will not work on sector or universe traders!

If it works or doesn't work - and you think you can add information that hasn't been added yet - please by all means post your results here.
There will be a logfile X3\log34342.txt. If it is present, please upload it and PM me a link if it is over 10 lines long. If it is 9 or less, you can PM me and put the log in the message. Logfile X3\log34343.txt will also exist, but will not be necessary to report unless asked for.

The hardest part is detecting which ships are affected by the bug and which are being destroyed naturally. If you have a savegame with a ship that you know will be destroyed by the possible bug then please send it to my name at yahoo.com
Last edited by AalaarDB on Fri, 24. Mar 06, 22:30, edited 2 times in total.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 11:50

Thanks! I already have installed it and tomorrow I will let you know the results....

More information on the bug (who knows but in my mind its a bug) can be found:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=134227

Take care!
The Vamp!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 12:22

give me 30 mins and I'll test it on a Harrier Raider I know for a FACT will vanish when I leave the sector its in.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 12:37

ROFL! I am trying to sell ships at the shipyard, and they keep respawning. Not a biggie, I will disable the plugin while selling, but it seemed like it should be mentioned.

Take care!
The Vamp!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 13:02

Ok, it took 3 mins after I vacated the sector for the Harrier Raider to vanish. Did the test twice, exact same message and args both times.

Sending pm with text now.

Oh, BTW. The ship I used for the test was capped in Scale Plate Green. Parked my butt in it after reloading when it pulled its first vanish act. Then it did it later when I needed a JD ship to get somewhere quickly. Hope that info helps.

Well, Vamp, it was meant to catch vanishing ships. Didn't say what ships it was limited to. :D

Had to save to a different slot when powering up the SE, as I'm trying to find out if a bug with freighter swarms is in a virgin no SE run of 1.4. CBJ really wants to know why its happening.

apricotslice
x4

Re: Ship Respawner

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 14:13

AalaarDB wrote:If you have a savegame with a ship that you know will be destroyed by the possible bug then please send it to my name at yahoo.com
I can make one for you, by putting my ships back on their tasks, then saving, but I'd have to send you the mod as well to run it. And at this point, thats big becuase I couldnt be bothered deleting out all the stuff from 06 I didnt need in it. So I'll need to do that too. What about scripts running as well ?

Let me know if you would like one.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 15:44

I want to get the save game to you, but my email provider seems to not like large files, and the only ftp I have ready access to in on a thin inbound pipe.

Besides splitting this sucker, any ideas?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 16:19

AalaarDB. I was able to put the file online. Turns out my net provider has web space they didn't tell me about.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sarnold1/x06.zip

The game has you initially in the ship that will vanish, one Pirate Harrier Raider. There is a Mamba Raider at the same station, you can use that for the test.

Either send the ship out of the system, or use the Mamba to jump or fly out. If you fly out, it'll take up to 5 mins for the ship to vanish.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 23:11

v1.1:
Ships sold at shipyards are not respawned.
bugfix when turning off plugin.

To update: install, turn off plugin, wait 10 seconds on seta 10x, turn on

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Thu, 23. Mar 06, 23:55

Dang AalaarDB!
Do you ever sleep? Well I actually need to work a bit, but I will give it a shot this evening.

Thanks!
The Vamp!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 00:06

AalaarDB, did you check that save?

I'm of the opinion that, for whatever reason, ships are getting some kind of flag that you don't notice.

Not having the software that interprets the sav files slows things down.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 00:18

Yes I went to sleep immediately after I posted v1.0.
Yes I got the savegame, haven't looked at it yet, and when I do I won't be able to discuss it.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 04:56

AalaarDB,
We are going to have to work on your bedside manner bro.
You wont be able to discuss what? That the game has a bug and what, if anything is being done to correct it? We already know the game has the bug, and thanks to your skilz, we kinda have a workaround.
It needs a bit more spit and polish, but this is a good thing. It will help lots of peeps, and you got proof in hand of a wily bug. Yay team!!!!!

Its okay to crack a smile, you did good.... :wink:
Thank you.
The Vamp!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 05:16

The_Vamp wrote:AalaarDB,
We are going to have to work on your bedside manner bro.
You wont be able to discuss what? That the game has a bug and what, if anything is being done to correct it? We already know the game has the bug, and thanks to your skilz, we kinda have a workaround.
He means he cannot discuss what might be wrong with the game because of the non-disclosure agreement he has as a betatester.

All he can do is discuss public-domain style get-arounds, and hopefully find where the problem is and convince egosoft to make the code changes.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 08:18

Which is why I didn't press the matter, I have READ the NDA, I know what it covers. And he is right, he CAN'T discuss it untill one from Egosoft makes it public. :D

Being a beta tester for some online games myself, I know all about that kind of thing.

What I can only hope, is the file I gave him behaves the same with him as it did with me. Vanishing ships are bad kharma, and tick people like me off. :evil:

Good job with the Respawner though. Not bad for a sleep deprived adictee. :twisted:

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 14:37

eeehhmm ...

AalaarDB ..

dont mean this insulting (apreciate(?) the time you invested)

but you do realize that you have just created a plugin that will 'break' any other script that connects a signal-killed to a player-owned ship ..?!? ...

(well as it seems no-one is using signal-killed (at least no-one mentions it in a readme) there *should* atm be no problem ..(again not true cause others do use signal-killed scripts .. they just dont seem to 'mention' it))

dont forget that the signal 'commands' are basicly just *other commands* ..
and can/will cause conflicts just as any other command ....
(the reason I suggested 'lib. signal scripts' some time ago (wich no-one seemed to be bothered with (exept Naffarin))

G

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 21:52

OY

If your going to spacewalk to cap ships, turn off the plugin. Getting back into your ship creates a 'clone' (when your eva suit is 'destroyed' on entering a craft).

Though, I did think of the Free Slaves scenario. :twisted:

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 22:29

This plugin is meant to be a temporary fix. I have excluded the plugin from running on universe traders, because of the very fact that universe traders make use of the signal.killed.

1.2 fixes astronauts respawning.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 01:02

Temp or not, it's a help. and if we can get notifications when the non-mentioned 'vanishings' occure, and get the date from them to find out a) why their vanishing, b) where it can happen, c) what ships are usually involved, we may have the devs enough info to fix it.

Or at least to tell us it supposed to happen, which wont make some happy about it.

Another thread has a couple of people saying busters (bought) are vanishing in Oceans of Fantasy.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 23:18

i see 11000s of vanishing ships....usually after some brightly coloured laser fire and arather large ball of fire :twisted:

what isiot released oblivion testerday??? i went out...boughtit as soon as shop doors opened.......and eeeeehm still aint even unwrapped selaphane duh.....bloody x3 is tooo addictive.....now iif just lv would bring out :D race wars 1.5 oblivion can go on ebay :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”